Itunes stole my stolen shit

angelescitypi

I purchased Itunes Match recently and had over 470 songs on my Ipad2. Itunes Match

advertises that whether music is purchased by Itunes or not they can match the music and match it to Iclouds. It advertises that they will even upgrade the quality of the given song/track and by pushing all of this in the Cloud it will be available to all idevices (3) thus also being a space saving feature so I subscribed.

When I subscribed it deletede all the music off my Ipad and I had a previous fully led Itunes account with all my music from my extensive cd/dvd collection. Bottom line is I have nothing left on my Ipad and tunes cannot locate my previous account. I've went back and forth over this with customer service to no avail as they report they cannot find my former account.

So far I have attempted upgrades with Itunes 3 times over three years and each time the bastards have wiped away my media. This last time the ONLY fekking reason I did so was because of their express promise that no matter how you got the music they will maintain, store and even upgrade on the quality. Now having said all that I do have a "membership" in a store that can replace all my media as they have a saved account. They can reload it all in about 20 minutes but it will NOT go into Icloud. Moreover for me to go to that store it will necessitate a little trip............

senseless

Hind sight is 20/20, next time buy an android. The way apple stores music is retarded, they rename it, database it and just index the necessary information., they force you to use their crap itunes program. Android, just copy the music over and you're done.

amazon mp3 store will allow you to download in mp3 form instead of that crappy DRM protected stuff from itunes.

the itunes user databases are NOT secure. They either have employees who can access your information, or a hacker gained access to their system. I've had thousands of $ of fraudulent charges over itunes. My mistake for leaving my paypal account attached to itunes. There's like a 200 page thread on their forums of people complaining about the issue, but they do nothing.

Just drop their shit and get a decent open platform that you have real control over it. It pisses me off so much that people spend 600$ on a phone or device that they can't even control. Then there's no resolution when there's a problem unless you hack your phone and resolve it yourself.

Apple promising is worth about as much as a box of shit with a guarantee on it.

Edited by senseless
  • Like 1

Thanks for the warning. Apple have gone backwards I only use the iPhone 4 as a portable computer.

iTunes is a pile of dogshit - every time people talk about how "usable" Apple software is I have to stifle a good hard laugh.

A friend of mine who used to work in Apple tech support has a few choice words WRT their "intuitiveness".