Defending Whippy a Deniable Apologetic

Art

I would have gone to meet whippy if I had been in Cebu City. I fall into one of the demographics whippy continually castigates. He can certainly rile me. I would have liked to have seen the face of the tormentor and we might have had a good laugh but as long as he attacks my demographic he is my adversary on this forum, not anywhere else.

afmayer, for all the years I have been here I dont post much and I wouldnt have posted on that thread except I kept reading your apologetic of whippy even though you admitted you didnt know him or the reasons behind the attacks on him. You should have followed your instincts, you suspected there was more than meets the eye. Yet, you rose to offer an apologetic for him in your admitted ignorance. I had to say something.

That you continually fail to grasp the situation you have put yourself in championing the "civility" of rules of posting to what was to you obviously "childish and clueless" posters makes you kind of dumb doesn't it? What kind of poster are you, seeing as you insisted on offering an apologetic for whippy along with rules of civility and then continously deny your actions and ignore your own rules? (Defending Whippy is not (and was never) my intention.) What is your intention then? To confuse "childish and clueless" posters with your bizarre postings ?

It was never my intention to address you like this but you keep insisting on saying unjustifiable and insulting things.

I actually gave you some credit before this post. Defending Whippy is not (and was never) my intention. Whippy is just a metaphor. Riling against unprovoked childish attacks was always my intent. I don't know how else I can say it. Reading comprehension does not seem to be a strong suit among Whippy's many detractors as they have STRONG preconceived notions that arrive before any verbiage.If you want to act like a drone, that is your prerogative but don't try to act like an all-knowing seer at the same time. Too much hypocrisy in play.

You are not good at Rhetoric are you and the Dialectic you would champion seems to fall apart very quickly does it not? Whose hypocrisy yours or mine I am not making claims about myself or my abilities that are deceptive or contrary to what I am nor am I insisting on rules of civil behavior that I am failing to follow myself, self denial seems to be your achilles heel?

It would be nice if we could have civility. Argue the post with intelligence, logic, research, humor and wit. Attacking the poster is verboten on this forum. Luckily for some posters, it isn't stringently enforced.

Are you in the right universe this is LinC I think you have wandered into a psuedo intellectuals nightmare?

It has nothing to do with values. It has everything to do with civility. To attack the POST ... not the poster. Attack the post with logic, intelligence, wit, research ... whatever ... anything but throwing insults at the poster ...
Or posting about childish attacks made by clueless people that lack the ability to argue a post without resorting to insults.

You do realise a lot of what you have been saying to many posters has been insulting? Also Intelligence, Logic, Research, Humor and Wit seem to be lacking in your posts or are you too subtle for these childish clueless posters. These are your rules your stated rules you seem to have difficulty following as well.

Whippy may be a metaphor but what are you? A metonym for "good intentions gone bad"? I am being kind here.

• Like 5
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• broden

• Jess Bartone

• afmayer

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My turn to defend Whippy, just a little.   I have been tuning in to this topic because it is amusing. I am also doing it because I have been lazy. I have lots of things to get done but it is more

ah, so afmeyer is simply a champion of the little people , a defender of the weak and frail who are unable to defend themselves ?? Funny that of all the people who have ever been attacked on Linc he c

I would have gone to meet whippy if I had been in Cebu City. I fall into one of the demographics whippy continually castigates. He can certainly rile me. I would have liked to have seen the face of

Posted Images

Let's not let this thread get out of hand, folks, which would cause members to be banned from the forums.

How's it go? Jus sayin'...

• Like 1

Art, I have to say... you keep me on my toes. As well as keeping me busy looking up meanings in Webster's New World Dictionary. :thumbsup:

Maybe Next Yr
Are you in the right universe this is LinC I think you have wandered into a psuedo intellectuals nightmare?

:thumbsup: Thanks Art ...you made my morning!

USMC-Retired

The funny thing is I know Whippy or one of the many names he has gone by. He gets out of hand sometimes. Can we not all if we believe something to be true. He is just a down to earth guy in person. Most on the Forums here do not even remember or know where the name Whippy came from. Yet he is continual referred to with that name. Alot of attacks of people on the forums are what is understood of a person. Yet never really knowing the person. Funny thing with computers and how we can hide behind them and say as we wish. Yet would never dare say them in real life.

Paul has even enjoyed a cone with the Mr Whippy.

Edited by Norseman
  • Like 2
SkyMan
Funny thing with computers and how we can hide behind them and say as we wish. Yet would never dare say them in real life.
Quite true and if you continually act an ass on line then announce a personal appearance you should expect replies such as they were. In fact, I quite imagine the aforementioned poster would be expecting them.
Jess Bartone

Quite true and if you continually act an ass on line then announce a personal appearance you should expect replies such as they were. In fact, I quite imagine the aforementioned poster would be expecting them.

Exactly, and poor old Mr Mayer, whilst present, was so focussed on the audience that he missed the gist of the main feature. He dug deep without a shovel, but did anyone think to send a ladder?

Julius Caesar also turned his back on those he defended with disastrous results.

Experienced

As AFMayer pointed out numerous times on the now-closed thread, he was not "defending Whippy" (translation of "offering an apologetic") at all, he was merely critiquing the torrent of reflexive personal attacks and angry insults that had more to do with a history of animosity the OP had built up in this forum than with the contents of his latest post. The fact that the torrent was quickly redirected at Mr. Mayer suggests that his original critique may not have been too far off the mark. You don't have to agree with Whippy's lifestyle choices (I don't have all the history there, but it seems to me he's done a reasonable job of defending his point of view) to appreciate his "gonzo journalism" writing style and the entertainment value he brings (often quite consciously, I would agree) to the forum.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

i'm really thinking that as much as people say it's something they don't want ,Udonthani gives people here on the forum exactly what they want

the same way people say they don't like negative campaigning but still eat it up when it's offered out there.

i personally would rather see people who disagree with something, instead of just going after the person they disagree with , put out their side, then perhaps we can build up a collection of statements or stories from both sides and let people decide which one they prefer. i think it's better for people say what i think is better because rather than what he thinks is worse because.

besides the only thing you are going to accomplish with arguing over the internet and letting someone get under your skin is the raising of your blood pressure

• Like 3
Justin Kredible
Paul has even enjoyed a cone with the Mr Whippy.

cone Of silence 1

• Admin (Retired)
broden

more like this

4vogid.jpg

• Like 1
Mattfromnz

What a wonderful way to celebrate our national hero with another "Whippy exclusive" thread!

I think this is exactly what the fella gets off on. All the attention.

Afmeyer is right though in regards to only attacking the post and not the poster. So until Whippy pulls out another dumb ass comment, my lips (or fingers) are sealed.

I'm sure Afmeyer was only trying to difuse what he saw as a lopsided arguement.

besides the only thing you are going to accomplish with arguing over the internet and letting someone get under your skin is the raising of your blood pressure

I completely disagree with that, to some (most?) it is quite cathartic & is effective in reducing the BP. Its called letting off steam.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

I completely disagree with that, to some (most?) it is quite cathartic & is effective in reducing the BP. Its called letting off steam.

i tend to see more people getting wound up than letting off steam

• Like 1