Sign in to follow this  
afmayer

Custom cargo shorts

to_dave007

Avoid tailor shops in late May and all of June each year.  They'll be busy (read REALLY busy) making all those school uniforms that you see everywhere during the school year.  They can get so overloaded that they can get a bit surly as well.

• Like 1

Salty Dog

I had He-Man make me three pairs of shorts a couple of months ago. I am very pleased by the results. I took a pair of shorts that I liked in as a pattern, and told them to not put cargo pockets on the shorts (as I think shorts look just a little classier without bulging cargo pockets). I had them use their best material for shorts. They are actually quite limited on material. If you have been in a tailors shop in Korea, you know they seem to have an abundance of materials. I have not found any tailor like that here. When you go into a tailor's shop here, it is more like walking into a sweatshop...or the back rooms of a tailor's shop in Korea. If you want a special material for your clothes, you will likely have to go to some fabric stores to find what you want and take it into the tailor. Of course, the problem with that is that most of us have no idea how much material is needed. It is truly a different world here.

I don't usually hear the word cargo shorts and classy used to describe the same article of clothing... :biggrin_01:

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 3

contraman

Wow, the fashion that is sported by LinC members :)

Headshot

I don't usually hear the word cargo shorts and classy used to describe the same article of clothing... :biggrin_01:

Yes, but I don't usually wear cargo shorts (with all of the pockets). I wear Bermuda shorts, which are also known as dress shorts.

Baywak

Stores in SM and ayala have cargo shorts..........Why have them made?

tim

size ? , buying off the rack in the malls can be difficult for us larger than your average Filipino  ....

Baywak

I'm 6 ft tall and I never had any problem finding my length in cargo shorts .

Enuff

I'm 6 ft tall and I never had any problem finding my length in cargo shorts .

i doubt it has anything to do with height or length of shorts.................. i'm guessing its a girth/waist issue

• Like 6

contraman

i'm guessing its a girth/waist

issue

Hey, leave my figure out of this please, I am very sensitive you know :)
  • Like 5

SkyMan

1.  Every time I look at a pricetag for shorts at SM it's p1K+.  So there is cost savings in having them made.  

2.  I think a tailor is far more likely to get the fit correct.

3.  I imagine a large percentage of the mall shorts are made in Indonesia or wherever.  I'd prefer to support Philippine sweat shops.  

4.  I'd also prefer to support local small businesses than shovel more money to SM and Ayala.

5.  Some may find it more of a status symbol to say they had their clothes made than have a designer label.

Wow, the fashion that is sported by LinC members :)

The last time I gave a darn about fashion was.....um......look a squirrel.

• Like 6

thebob

1.  Every time I look at a pricetag for shorts at SM it's p1K+.  So there is cost savings in having them made.   2.  I think a tailor is far more likely to get the fit correct. 3.  I imagine a large percentage of the mall shorts are made in Indonesia or wherever.  I'd prefer to support Philippine sweat shops.   4.  I'd also prefer to support local small businesses than shovel more money to SM and Ayala. 5.  Some may find it more of a status symbol to say they had their clothes made than have a designer label.

You can choose pocket placement, size, zippers etc. I like shorts with a concealed pocket for valuables, but they aren't readily available.

Skywalker

I kitted out a volleyball team with bespoke (made to measure) shirts and shorts.  The whole thing came in at less than 7000 pesos.  

They also put my Company logo on the shirts and the names of the players also.  10 pax.

• Like 1

Hy H

I kitted out a volleyball team with bespoke (made to measure) shirts and shorts.  The whole thing came in at less than 7000 pesos.  

They also put my Company logo on the shirts and the names of the players also.  10 pax.

Was that a girls team?

• Like 1

Skywalker

Well, technically no, but two of the players wear makeup and girls clothing, off court.  On court, however, they play like demons.

• Like 1

SkyMan

No warm ups?  Geesh.

j/k Good on you.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1