Sign in to follow this  
afmayer

Custom cargo shorts

Panzertotem

Are they sitll in business I seriously need some shorts other than Gym shorts to wear!!!

please let me know!

Paul

Ian, go to Our Place, downtown. Look across the street and you will see the shop on the corner. Yes, they are still in business.

Panzertotem

Thanks Paul!

Marriedmomof2

thanks Paul. I forwarded this info to my brother in Cebu, my dad there needs "big and tall" waist sized shorts so maybe they can help...

Paul

Ian - Quite welcome.

MMO2 - I am very sure they can. You are welcome, too. :)

Edited by Paul

VetVet

Went here to order 5 pairs of the shorts a month ago. Was told that they were too busy to make and would be too busy for the foreseeable future. Told me they would recommend some other tailors because anyone could make. In the shop they were loaded with navy academy students loading up on uniforms and uniforms on every sewing machine there. Will try back in couple of months but if anyone else has tried to get these shorts made at another tailor and were happy with them let me know.

CebuKano

Went here to order 5 pairs of the shorts a month ago. Was told that they were too busy to make and would be too busy for the foreseeable future. Told me they would recommend some other tailors because anyone could make. In the shop they were loaded with navy academy students loading up on uniforms and uniforms on every sewing machine there. Will try back in couple of months but if anyone else has tried to get these shorts made at another tailor and were happy with them let me know.

Thanks for the info. I am currently lookimg for the same thing. Thanks to Paul also for providing the initinal info.

CebuKano

Ian, go to Our Place, downtown. Look across the street and you will see the shop on the corner. Yes, they are still in business.

Thanks for the info Paul. I will try them out in a month or so after their rush for school uniforms is over.

Paul

No worries. But, it was Alan (afmayer) who really made the business known to the members. :)

• Like 1

RogerDat

Greetings!

(I also specified both a draw string and belt loops for dual purpose functionality.)

I always request adding suspender buttons with cargo pockets, that way if they do not put big enough drain holes in the pockets, you do not embarress your self when coming out of the pool! Never can be too safe!

• Like 2

samatm

Tailor Tailor ... ??? So aside from cargo shorts, can anyone recommend a good tailor for sports coat, dress shirts, slacks?

Thanks,

Headshot

Tailor Tailor ... ??? So aside from cargo shorts, can anyone recommend a good tailor for sports coat, dress shirts, slacks?

Thanks,

Kingsmen in Pardo.

spritsail

Most of the small tailor shops that you can find around the markets in most towns, especially where they make school uniforms will make just about anything that you have a design and material for. You usually have to buy the material first in the fabric store , and some have a better selection than others.

I usually have five white no1 naval uniforms made at one time from Beatrice material (same the hospital staff wear) and costs around 50 peso a metre - 3 or 4 metres is enough for long pants and short sleeve shirt, and costs around 500 php a suit. They can also make a dress uniform - I prefer a navy blue short jacket top and tails, white breeches and cumber band, which I can also use as a dressage suit for horse riding, the shop next door in Cagayan also made a pair of soft leather knee high riding boots for 8k PHP, would cost 200 pounds in UK..

When I had my thai restaurant all the girls dresses were made of Indonesian batik from the moslem market at around 500 php a length - usually 3 mtrs and made to a design similiar to the stewardesses on Thai Air. The whole ensemble was less than 1000 php

Just go armed with the dress/suit designs, materials and they can make. Amazing really., only in Hong Kong when I could have a dozen silk shirts made in 2 days have i known it.

For my spa center I want the girls to wear indian saris, but getting the material here is a quandary. made in Calcutta to mail order costs around 150 USD a set based on Bollywood designs , but I am sure the locals can copy and much cheaper.

Headshot

I had He-Man make me three pairs of shorts a couple of months ago. I am very pleased by the results. I took a pair of shorts that I liked in as a pattern, and told them to not put cargo pockets on the shorts (as I think shorts look just a little classier without bulging cargo pockets). I had them use their best material for shorts. They are actually quite limited on material. If you have been in a tailors shop in Korea, you know they seem to have an abundance of materials. I have not found any tailor like that here. When you go into a tailor's shop here, it is more like walking into a sweatshop...or the back rooms of a tailor's shop in Korea. If you want a special material for your clothes, you will likely have to go to some fabric stores to find what you want and take it into the tailor. Of course, the problem with that is that most of us have no idea how much material is needed. It is truly a different world here.

• Like 1