FAcebook problem

SkyMan

I have Globelines WiMax hooked to my desktop through a WiFi router. I got my wife a laptop that connects via the WiFi mainly so she could do FB (virus) without infecting my computer. The problem is that often when she goes to her FB it often switches to some text version that is pretty useless and I can't see a way to tell it no, we want the real FB. It seems to work fine on my desktop so even though I'm downloading a bit. I don't understand why it feels necessary to go to the txt version on hers. Any ideas?

USMC-Retired

IS she using Chrome? There have been many problems with Chrome and facebook.

David Spicer

I've never heard of a text version of Facebook, but it does sound like it could be some sort of a bandwidth issue. I've had IE do similar while I was downloading heavily, but not on Facebook.

SkyMan

No Chrome, it's IE. My bank will do this if bandwidth is low. They call it their mobile version. But there is a link forcing it to the regular version if you don't mind waiting for slow loading.

Edited by SkyMan