Okay, so ban me. I'm breaking my own rule here...

Paul

A_Simple_Man
it don,t really matter which guy gets voted in ,it won,t really affect you ?

If that Obama succeeds in taxing the rich, his reach may include those expats living here and still paying taxes to the US of A. Maybe Paul is richer than he lets on.

• Like 1
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Mr. Mike

• Baywak

• tom_shor

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have two diverse parties with little or nothing in common. As a country we will suffer because both sides, as we have seen over the past 12 years care nothing about the public.   They have both

The Republicans drove this country into an economic quagmire.   Despite the best efforts of the Republican "job creators," the president and his cabinet have been doing their best to undo the shitsh

Posted Images

If that Obama succeeds in taxing the rich, his reach may include those expats living here and still paying taxes to the US of A. Maybe Paul is richer than he lets on.

Having a high income is only tangentially related to being rich. Progressive income tax does NOT tax the rich, it tends to tax the PRODUCTIVE.

• Like 3
The UAW sure got a better return on their investment than the GM bondholders did.

You livin' in some kinda parallel universe?

well from a non american view i can see obama being voted back in because the republicans are too busy beatin each other up for the nominee . and paul why are you ranting on about obama when you have stated that your staying in the phillipines for ever .it don,t really matter which guy gets voted in ,it won,t really affect you ?

1. The only constant in this world is change. I want my future as secure as possible, regardless where I reside.

2. If you, or anyone else, thinks the office of the Presidency, and who is in that office, doesn't affect everyone in the world at some point, you are in La La Land.

• Like 1

More bullshit, more posturing, more doublespeak, the President speaking, Republicrat on the right, Demoncrat on the left.

Doesn't matter what party the President is from it's all theater, one long drawn out soap opera.

You have one side of the aisle clap, the other side boo.

Drag in some widows, some orphans, some down trodden and use them to make the weak minded believe that "you care" while behind the scenes both sides are in the pockets of the banksters and the big corporations.

And the only thing they care about as far as the sheep go, is getting their vote.

• Like 6

I find it incredible that romney only pays 15 % tax on that amount of money I think that issue alone will allow newt to surge ahead coz lets face it romney is not in touch with the masses earning that sort of money .He would,nt know the meaning of the word struggle if it jumped up and slapped him one .

• Like 1

You livin' in some kinda parallel universe?

I think he's saying what I was alluding to; the UAW got preferential treatment in the bailout whereas the existing GM owners got the shaft. One contributed mightily to Gobamas campaign, the other not so much. ROI.

My bad. I think I need to get some sleep. Staying awake so long cannot be healthy.

Nyt nyt, all. Play nice, please, everyone.

Oh my! I did not watch the speach because I don't have TV and I don't miss TV either. I did surf the net before hand and all that I read was pretty predictable. Sad to say. We don't have a leader in the White House and have not had one since Bush left. What we have is an ideology driven bureaucrat who does not begin understand what being a leader means, much less how to do it. He is a man who has devoted his life to politics? Ya' know, writing this, I'm thinking, what has this man done beside suck off the public tit? He's never had a job except for the government or quasi government organizations. The man is truly clueless as to how private enterprise works and he governs like it. I used to think he was just an idiot, now I fear perhaps it's more sinister than that.

When you review the sum total of all the things this man has done to the detriment of our country it's apalling. No, it's more than that, it's frightening. His wife was never proud of the Country that gave her the opportunity to excell, until her husband was elected to the Presiency. How sad is that? The United States of America is a great country. It's citizens have done great things and the American people have stepped up on many occassions to help right the wrongs of many around the world. We as a country have not received for much thanks in the process and we haven't asked for much beyond being left alone to live out lives the best we can. Unfortunately, evil knows no bounds and there remains a great amount of evil in the world. I'm not sure we should continue to be the world's policeman, but then again, if not us, who?

As for the coming election, I like Paul for his domestic and monetary policies, but his foreign policy is a joke and that alone disqualifies him in my view. Anybody but Romney. I really liked Herman Cain, but when he did not stand and fight, as he should have, his stock really fell in my book. Newt? Perhaps he's now the lessor of the evils available. He's too political oriented to me. I fear he will not stand up to the democrats and progressive Republicans to take a meat cleaver to the Fedral Government, which sorely needs to be done. In the end, to me, it's anybody but Obama though. If he get's four more years out country will be forever ruined.

Bill

• Like 2
Experienced

I find it incredible that romney only pays 15 % tax on that amount of money I think that issue alone will allow newt to surge ahead coz lets face it romney is not in touch with the masses earning that sort of money .He would,nt know the meaning of the word struggle if it jumped up and slapped him one .

He doesn't, and the fact that he can't articulate that simply and clearly ought to doom his candidacy. The bulk of his "income" are dividends and capital gains which, as you know, are taxed at a lower rate to encourage investment. It's those investments, by Romney and millions of other people like him (including YOU if you have a pension fund or retirement account), that PAY for the salaries of the people who are complaining about Romney's rate... and most of THEM aren't paying much higher than 15% as a total effective rate (what Romney was talking about) either.

What the critics (and Romney) left out, was that the money he paid 15% on was his earnings from his investment AFTER the corporate tax (at 35%, the highest in the world), had already been levied against them. So Romney's actual "tax rate" was 35% on the money "his" corporations earned, PLUS ANOTHER 15% on whatever they decided to pay out as dividends or invest in the business and (eventually) distribute as capital gains on the 65% that was left over.

• Like 1
Experienced

I think he's saying what I was alluding to; the UAW got preferential treatment in the bailout whereas the existing GM owners got the shaft. One contributed mightily to Gobamas campaign, the other not so much. ROI.

Exactly right. The rule of law in the US died that day, by executive fiat.

Maybe Next Yr

I think the citizens of the US have needlessly limited their choices by having the 'gotta be born here' rule. When a figurehead is needed (because all major decisions are already made before they get to the president) then you need ARNOLD!

Arnold didn't do a very good job in California. :scratch_head:

Maybe Next Yr
where he stands up and spews his bullshit and lies in front of Congress, I hope you saw the bullshit that I did.

I have to say I feel the exact same way when I hear the colossal bullshit from most of the Republican leadership (Romney, Gingrich, Cantor, the list goes on) ... total liars!

I figured I'd throw in a few comments for the progressives and liberals :scratch_head: although I hate to get into political debates (and I won't here) because I believe no matter how misguided ones beliefs are, we all pretty much want the same "stuff" ... (jobs, opportunity, good schools for the kids, etc...), My opinion is that Cheney and Bush started running the country into the ground (1/2 of the current debt is from those 8 years and 1/3 was there from before them) and Obama is trying like hell to reverse that trend. That being said, he hasn't been that successful ... I think he needs some cooperation.

Okay I'm ready ..... :scratch_head:

• Like 2

I lived in San Francisco,California for the years Arnold won the special election to become governor,he totally fecked up california worse than when he took office, California is bankrupt and the new governer has his work cut out for him trying to fix the fiscal mess arnold failed to get California out of in the first place.

First sensible post.

Man was a disaster for this state.

• Like 3

What can you say about California? Moon Beam Brown was a good bit of the problem 30 years ago when politicians were falling all over themselves giving unions whatever they wanted in return for union votes. Nobody consider who was going to pay for all those bennefits the unions made for themselves and now the piper's fee is due. Woe is them! I loved in California for 6 years and that was more than enough for me. Until someone slaps the unions down and gets the public employees retirement accounts amply funded or modified so they can be funded the state is doomed.