Sign in to follow this  
54guy

Am I sending my girlfriend too much money to live?

54guy

MY income is pretty tight right now...but I don't know Cebu prices. SO it's hard for me to judge.

I send her about $350 to $400 each month for her living expenses in the Cebu area.

She has told me that her apartment costs $175 month, and her bills run about 4100 pesos per month, for power, internet etc. I don't think she spends much on food, but its hard to get a handle on costs there.

Once in a while I will toss her an extra $100 to $150 for clothes or whatever as well.

Anyhow, I need input on this please. Thanks very much! :yourock:

Paul

In a word or three, dump her ass. She is costing you a LOT more than she should be. She could rent a bed spacer for Php 1,500 per month, electricity included. If you are sending her more than $200 USD per month, you are sending too much.

• Like 7

Bill H

What Paul said! She's taking you for a ride and sadly, she probably has three or four other guys doing the same thing so she's rolling in cash! She's a scammer, dump her.

• Like 2

acman

Wow you send alot!

udonthani

have you ever met her or is it an internet phantom? If it is, then ANYTHING is too much.

200 $ per month is about right, and this is when you've shared a bed with them. And even that is quite a lot, as it's all net income. You'd have to have a salary of about 12,000 pesos per month to clear $200,which is pretty respectable salary really for somebody who has in all likelihood just finished college or something and just started out in the world of work.

• Like 1

indiana

your giving to way to much :yourock:

endless summer

wow is she a pensioner or somethink $400 is way to much tell her to get a job like most people.

• Like 1

udonthani

4100 pesos a month power and internet for a single girl. Net is basically 1000, so that's a 3000 leccy bill. Have you got any idea how many appliances she must be running if she's paying that? I saw last month's leccy bill for that house I've been staying in in Mindanao yesterday. Three adults and two children between them consumed 377 pesos in electric power last month.

sperry

An ex gf once worked on some documents at my house where people's salary were noted. The highest was 16k pesos a month for a senior engineer.

the ex gf said her own salary was "excellent" at 8k a month for a 50 hour week. She paid 1500->2000 a month for accommodation as her family live quite far from town.

You can do the maths.

4000 a month for bills could be about right if she has a broadband internet connection, aircon, and it includes food,

Does she have children? Does she have a family to support? What sort of lifestyle do you want her to have?

But udonthani is correct, unless you know her well and can answer those type of questions, 1 peso is too much.

USMC-Retired

You it is all relevant. If you are Bill Gates it is a drop in the bucket so why worry. If you are poor then I guess it is to much.

It is all up to you. Why ask us for advice what do you think? Without your information we can not make any logical decisions on what is to much or to little.

To me it is a trolling thread because this has been beaten to death. There is no set amount you should not send. It is up to you. Use caution that you would in any type of relationship.

These thread always turn into she is scamming you type BS. Which is not the case for the majority of relationships here.

Edited by Norseman
  • Like 8

fanboat

500 is about right

my beer budget is around 300

• Like 4

goldote

She's making more than a professor.

A little less than a chemical engineer.

And that's from only 1 guy!

Experienced

4100 pesos a month power and internet for a single girl. Net is basically 1000, so that's a 3000 leccy bill. Have you got any idea how many appliances she must be running if she's paying that? I saw last month's leccy bill for that house I've been staying in in Mindanao yesterday. Three adults and two children between them consumed 377 pesos in electric power last month.

Wow that power is cheap in Mindanao! Here in Cebu our VECO bill is usually just over 3500PHP for a two BR apartment with zircon on maybe 10 hrs per day, and 1 or 2 fans running virtually all the rest of the time. Lights (fluorescent) on at least 16 hours a day plus television, refrigerator, hot pot, and big stereo amp when it's time for karaoke. She must be livin' large if she's anything close to that as a single female.

smokey

well only you can judge for sure /// on the other side i sent that much and more for 2 years we meet i came to cebu 17 times and we got married and its be for the most part great but then each of us is different and will take different risk... only send if you have it to send