Advice: What kind of Camera takes pictures like this?

TheMatrix

Steve, if you are still shopping have a look at the Canon G1 X, if not, enjoy your new camera.

Thanks! Looks bad ass! I'll check it out. Is this like the big brother to the S100?

I found these links:

http://gizmodo.com/5874265/the-new-canon-g1-x-is-the-biggest-fastest-baddest-powershot-yet

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canong1x/

reading it now.

thanks again.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMatrix

• Cipro

• Experienced

• Art

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The effect is called Depth of Field and cameras have been doing it forever. Digital Single Lens Reflex cameras have interchangeable and adjustable lens so they can give you diferent focal lengths whi

Hi Steve,   Depth of field is controlled by having a large sensor and large (or numerically small) aperture. Shutter speed controls motion blur.   For best results use a f2.8 or numerically small

Bob Atkins has forgotten more about the physics of photography than all us combined will ever know, here are a few links.

Posted Images

It's the badass big bro to the G12, which is a damn good camera on it's own.

EDIT:

Looks like it's a typical camera made by a camera company, something to consider.

"Nevertheless, I do prefer how the camera handles and the excellent control layouts as compared to menu driven designs of many interchangeable mirrorless competitors. I did handle one at CES and the camera felt just right in my hands."
Edited by locktite
TheMatrix

It's the badass big bro to the G12, which is a damn good camera on it's own.

EDIT:

Looks like it's a typical camera made by a camera company, something to consider.

"Nevertheless, I do prefer how the camera handles and the excellent control layouts as compared to menu driven designs of many interchangeable mirrorless competitors. I did handle one at CES and the camera felt just right in my hands."

Thanks again. Looks far superior than the S100 and at $800, it betta be!