Sign in to follow this  
CardiacKid

Urgent blood request

CardiacKid

Just checked my email and found an urgent request for type A negative blood for Dal Johnson from Terry Davenport. Dal is in Cebu Doctor's Hospital in critical condition. If Paul or one of the other mods could give this a priority I would sincerely appreciate it. I have no other details. Both are members of the RAO. Gleaned these contact details from the SOS Philippines Yahoo Group. Wife,

ging johnson,,, 423-0298/ 0908-111-2890 ormy sister 406-8992 thax

Edited by CardiacKid

Runian

A+ but I think plates are no problem ? however I am on antibiotics and last I heard that was a no no ?

CardiacKid

Thank You Rune, but am unsure if he needs whole blood, platelets or plasma.

reich31e

would like to donate, but i'm on medication for highblood....last time i stopped the medication 24 hours before but was

rejected as an donor from chong hua coz of to high blood pressure....

mpt1947

I might suggest that you call Dr Hospital with your questions.

If you are on Meds and not sure if you can give, call YOUR Doctor

• Like 1

CardiacKid

Another post was made about this situation and a donor responded. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this and those who responded.

Paul

A+ but I think plates are no problem ? however I am on antibiotics and last I heard that was a no no ?

It's A- (RH Negative), not A+, that is needed.

reich31e

I might suggest that you call Dr Hospital with your questions.

If you are on Meds and not sure if you can give, call YOUR Doctor

the medicine i take is not the problem.....i have to stop taking it at least 24 hr before donation....

but then my blood pressure is to high to donate...they will not accept it....

slim

hello all,, thank you for all your helped .nice to know there still many good people in this world, blood wise we are ok at the monent we have two bags reserved just in case .his doing alot better then before his hemoglobine is in 10.7 and bp is 130/90 but he still required for hemo dialysis hopefully its temporary one..before the surgery it was the brutal monent of my life... thanks to all of you now i can relax a little bit..more power to this furom..

places that i went with are,,, living cebu furom,,, B.I., american consul,,,in the street asking people around and went to public to ABS, CBN tv news, thy all very helpful....thax ging

• Like 5

broden

hello all,, thank you for all your helped .nice to know there still many good people in this world, blood wise we are ok at the monent we have two bags reserved just in case .his doing alot better then before his hemoglobine is in 10.7 and bp is 130/90 but he still required for hemo dialysis hopefully its temporary one..before the surgery it was the brutal monent of my life... thanks to all of you now i can relax a little bit..more power to this furom..

places that i went with are,,, living cebu furom,,, B.I., american consul,,,in the street asking people around and went to public to ABS, CBN tv news, thy all very helpful....thax ging

great job on your part Slim, you should be proud of yourself but if you're too humble for that i'm sure me and others here will be proud of you for you

cebubird

Ging, SO glad to hear that!! POWER OF PRAYER!

As we were trying to donate, I just kept thinking how desperate my little wife would be in same situation.

I think an earlier poster had it right when you told me how "hard" they make it by rejecting me and probably others because of some benign med that is ok in ALL of the civilized countries. They put up the roadblocks for more money

God bless you and Dal!!!

Bill

slim

hello all,, my husband still in the icu room. his been in that hospital too long and i dont know when we ganna be goin outa here,, his recovery is quite ok,, now his problem is his kidney is not functioning right damn kidney.. anyway aleast i know his ganna make it.

thanks to all...... paul thank you for letting me post in your site...

Paul
hello all,, my husband still in the icu room. his been in that hospital too long and i dont know when we ganna be goin outa here,, his recovery is quite ok,, now his problem is his kidney is not functioning right damn kidney.. anyway aleast i know his ganna make it.

thanks to all...... paul thank you for letting me post in your site...

Hi Ging,

Thanks so much for the update.

Honey, it's not "my site", not really. This site belongs to you and all of the other members who post here, giving the forum it's personality, it's life. This is the way it should be, peiople helping others when and where they can, and certainly in times like this.

Incidentally, please let mek now if he ends up needing more blood. I just got a list that was compiled during the time we attempted to help a little girl. A little girl named Charmine. Charmine didn't make it, unfortunately. Her sister just sent a list of A- donors to Ron Winkley, my co-administrator on the SOS_Philippines Yahoo group.

Please extend to your husband, the forums members' best wishes.

slim

Good Morning Everyone!!!

My Del is finally Home ! after 25 days on the hospital. althoug he still weak but i think that something to do with all the medication his taken....Again thanks for all the people who tried to helped my husband. i could of get alot of helped from the fellow people here in the forum . but the hospital blood bank they have too many restriction, Tiger and dora, thanks for showing up early dawn in the hospital for trying to donate blood. i was disappointed when the nurses cant find your vein .lol only in the philippines. cebubird thank you also for your generously trying to donate... some of you might wondering where did i found donors? to answer to that. i did got three people from Mr John Domingo usa cunsol office lahug down below water front hotel, one of the guys was from dumaguette, one from talamban cebu and the other one is from lapu lapu but again his bp is too high. and did have one donor list from chung hua hospital called him up and happened to be they live in leyte but him and his wife nice enought to came to cebu doctors hospital to donate blood ..and rest are from abs cbn who got my number and called me up . sure cost me fortune from pinoy people who donated it. but it was all worthed. my husband worthed evry pesos i have...and now i can relax a little bit after the brutal moment i had wheww...Mr Lee and Nela thanks also guys... bye now need to buy more meds.. take care all...

P.S. Paul Thank you!!!

• Like 1

slim

as hard as it is to have A negative type ,, thankfully we did found and tranfused 11 bags total...

• Like 1