crime victim!

Davaoeno
Our own house has a door that never gets closed, except when it is windy.

the front door to my house is open all day long also- but i do have a door !!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Davaoeno

• A_Simple_Man

• afmayer

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, remind me to never rent or loan you anything!     Wow again, what happened to good judgement? I would say you are very lucky that the bike was all the got ripped and stripped! Personally I

Here is an example for you...  

Bailee for reward     Lets put it this way Whippy, if you rented my motorcycle and didnt return it - I guarantee you would end up in prison. !! Its no wonder foreigners have such a bad reputatio

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden

that's funny i heard the same thing but about your backdoor

• Like 2
Headshot

Then perhaps a picture is in order?

Here is an example for you...

post-6379-0-67835300-1326290784_thumb.jpg

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 6
shadow

How about all day and all night, whether you are home or not?

:yourock:

Larry in Dumaguete

Davaoeno

How about all day and all night, whether you are home or not?

:yourock:

Larry in Dumaguete

You've got me beat there Larry !

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i'm from Brooklyn i don't care where i am

i lock everything

house car whatever

force of habit

• Like 1
smokey

accommodation of the type I described is very common here - you just never stayed in any. It mirrors the way Filipinos tend to live themselves, partly outside the house, but with an area inside where the bedrooms are and also where valuables like a television set may be watched. There's a door or door that may be locked in that part of the accommodation but not a door in the outlying bit. I like those sort of places, where you can sit comfortably and be open to the sea breeze or mountain air, no need for any fan never mind airconditioning, much better than any enclosed room. Bedtime, there's a secure area where you can make sure the door is locked as you sleep. I can't say I'm surprised you've never seen accommodation like this even though it's typical of the country you are living in. It appears you've never ventured far from a gated subdivision, and outside, have just jumped in between airconditioned nightmares of one sort or another.

that is true or maybe we just are able to not go local .... i have a real shock for you even the locals all dont like living like locals.. Seems in your mind as soon as a person can improve his station in life for him and his family he is no longer considered a REAL person from the philippines.. i dont see any crime that happened to you i just see you trying to make an excuse like what happened was just part of life.. you did not secure the bike you were loaned so its on you ...

• Like 1

Well whip

it would help next time if you post pics so we can see the hut(cost is low now,cause of digital cams)instead of negatives.

also,in my case I would have paid the lessor the 30 bucks and moved on

jetski rental(did this one @ 2000 peso)was nice to scare the shit out of my gf.she can't swim

udonthani

what is this. The accommodation of the type I described is perfectly secure - there is a door in the private area which is locked. In the outside part which is covered but open and with no door, nothing of any value is stored at all - unless you think thieves are going to be interested in a 400 peso electric ring cooker, a few sachets of 3 in 1 coffee, salt, pepper, curry powder and vinegar, a can of corn beef, a bottle opener, some eggs, onions, garlic, ginger and a few small tomatoes.

spritsail

Hello. i would like to put the record straight about this bizarre crime - the first I have ever known of in 10 years living in Camiguin. Firstly i am the owner of the cottage Mr Udon thani stayed. We DO have a 6ft high iron front gate which is closed at night. He simply had to lift his bike a few steps and close the gates, instead of leaving his bike in the road and the gates open.. I have two dogs - one a cross bred alsation will bite the balls off anyone trying to enter through the gate at night, The cottage sleeping area can be locked but the open plan seatiing area is open for al fresco dining and drinking which many of our filippino guests prefer. There is also a sunken jacuzzi, if I could get the pump working. There are not many hotels in Camiguin that are like Fort Knox, with security guards, dogs, barbed wire, stalag type watch towers etc. Crime is vitually neglible and I have left my own jeep outside a bar for weeks on end without any damage etc.

Secondly, in 40 years on cruise ships and Disney Hotels I have never known a guest that will text the management " Where is my feckin Ice - what kind of hell hole is this" or "Where is my feckin food" without even ordering from the kitchen staff, especially when you are only paying a few hundred pesos a night.

UNfortunately Mr Udon Thani does upset a lot of people - his report about the Yacht inn Canta-an was complimentary, to certain extent, but criticizes the management as being unorganised and incompetent. Then to goes on to call the owner as an Australian maverick who hates Americans - WRONG . He served in Vietnam alongside the GIs and drinks regularly with Americans but does not take any bullshit and dislikes paedophiles and people who do not pay for their beer round. Most of his reports are expat bashing especially his hotel reports, I have yet to see a report calling a filippino owner an incompetent slob. We expats who live here, have families to support, kids to educate and health problems can do well wiithout all the negative criticism and mud slinging on the NET that lasts forever.

Mr Udon Thanni does make some very serious omissions in this THREAD. Simply he abandoned his Cebu and Xmas sex playmate (girlfriend?) to make her own way back to Cebu. She had to beg and borrow money from the local village and be accompanied back to Cebu by a local Sari Sari Store owner, incidentally a friend of the bike renter.

He returned to the Island a few days later when she had gone with his New Year sex playmate (girlfriend?) and rented the bike from the same owner. People in the village have morals and principles, and long memories. Need I say more.

All I can say is that western tourists here for a few weeks/months should not treat filippinas as mere chattels and sex playmates for a few weeks without any commitment. Filippinas have a latin temperament and have a nasty sting if they are wronged and abused.

After saying all this I do not dislike Mr Udon Thani - he has a good side to his character - but his morals and tack are somewhat lacking. i advise him to enjoy his holiday, have a steady girlfriend that he make a commitment to and stop whinging and writing a load of bullshit about hotels and restaurants. There are enough inspectors - spies - health and safety bullshit in UK, without importing it over here.

Basil - Fawlty Towers

• Like 5
Mandingo

Thank you for clarifying a few points for us as it appears matters are quit different than we were led to believe.

udonthani

the Cantaan Yacht Inn IS disorganized and incompetent. I checked somebody in there just yesterday who wanted to stay a week and they arrived yesterday, even though they had nearly two weeks notice they had not got the room ready. They moved out today to stay at where they normally stay the Rooftop in Mambajao, even though with the videoke it's too noisy for them and they don't like it. They complained the room had no water, for crying out loud. How can they sell a room for 1000 pesos with no running water in it. There's no cable TV, even though they told me there was. According to them the Australian owner just looked himself away with a bottle of Tandauay when they wanted to talk about it with him. But then he wouldn't be the only degenerate alcoholic business owner in Camiguin - Spiritsail is just like him.

like every other business he's ever bungled on Camiguin, the lodge has gone to pot. All it is is a short-time place for Filipinos anyway, as for the restaraunt, which used to be good, it doesn't de facto exist any more. he can't even afford to stock up on basic ingredients. There's literally nothing in the fridge.

as for the Cebu girl, she left of her own accord and she has plenty of income of her own compared to most Filipinos - plenty more than Mr Spiritsail who I bet would love it if a couple of foreign bozos would send him 40,000 pesos of month for doing no more than sitting around in front of a webcam for an hour or two a day.. And as for leaving her in the lurch, i went to the considerable trouble of getting a friend in CDO to go to a mall and get a ferry ticket back to Cebu, to beat the New Year rush. I would have taken her straight to the ferry terminal got her on the ferry and paid everything to get her home to see her family as well as gifts for the lot of them. She decided not to go along with this and pissed off to Bohol with her new found Camiguin friends instead, eventually making her way back to Cebu, with a new boyfriend, about a week later.

The funny part here is, friends and neighbors, that whippy asked me to unban spritsail, a little while back. I had banned him for advertising on the forums without permission.

No good deed goes unpunished, whippy.

Okay, guys. Enough mud slinging has been done here. Both of you have had your time to speak your mind.

Any future posts, which may cross the lines of the rules, will result in one, or both of you being banned from the site.

Edited by Paul
udonthani

how the hell can you run a lodge,sell rooms, sell food, and not make sure the customers have running water, or access to cold drinks and then turn round and say they're being unreasonable when they call you up on it. Spiritsail hasn't got any food in the cupboard or fridge to sell, even if he wanted to. Both of these places are run by total plonkers. I never did a review of Spritisail's place. This was a deliberate, and charitable, ommission.

A_Simple_Man
The funny part here is, friends and neighbors, that whippy asked me to unban spritsail, a little while back.

I'm glad you did. Both of their posts, in this thread at least, make for interesting and informative reading.

Even though there is some logic in spritsail's suggestion that Udonthani did not properly secure the bike and that there were locals who held a grudge, it was still a crime to damage the bike.

• Like 3