Killed for not having a gate pass sticker in Lapu Lapu

despite that is was foolish of her and she obviously handled this wrong, it still does not justify her been shot to death. What is most concerning about your post is not so much what you say but the fact several other members liked what you said!

If you beleive in karma and this is how you think then I would be worried if I was you!

Hmmm.....a whole sentence & you decide that those who 'liked' it did so because of the end bit? I for one did so for the beginning - Sounds like she was an arrogant bitch, who thought the rules didn't apply to her - I for one have met many like that, one of the reasons we moved from a sub division.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• smokey

• Cary

• UZI

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

despite that is was foolish of her and she obviously handled this wrong, it still does not justify her been shot to death. What is most concerning about your post is not so much what you say but the f

Steve, take some advice from someone who knows.   Regarding the first bold sentence above, it's not just armed guards, you have no idea who is armed here and who is not. Best to just bite your tongu

This case is also an example of how NOT to behave to people in the Philippines especially those that have access to firearms. Most of us would have just put the sticker in the car and said good mornin

Davaoeno
she doesn't, but people all over fight over pointless things all the time and occasionally it's going to lead to this

Your point being Broden ? Stay home, dont drive a car, dont argue with people, dont get arrogant ever - and you wont have to worry about getting shot ever ?

btw- from reading some comments here I am Very very glad that in this country you are not allowed to arm yourselves !! [ not you broden ]

Stranded Shipscook

You all been warned, shit like this happens, even(or in this case, particular) in expensive walled and guarded Subdivisions.

Behave accordingly, i don' like to read "Foreigner shot by Security Guard".

nuff said.

• Like 1

I agree totally !! It would appear that several posters here have no right to complain the next time they are having a bad day and give someone a hard time if they get killed in front of their kids !!

This is hardly the same thing as us having a bad day & complaining

Villarba revealed that Emborong and the slain woman had previous confrontations about the vehicle sticker rule,

Sounds more like the straw that broke the camels back. Who knows how much verbal abuse this guard took before he broke. I know of guards who lost their jobs with the security company just because of a woman like this threw her weight around.

Edited by UZI
  • Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

my point being, just look at this forum, there's a good percentage of threads that turn in to arguments over nothing usually cause someone has to get the last word or must be right or must make sure someone else is wrong.

my point being good bad or indifferent You pays your money and you takes your chances

people don't always get what they deserve and they don't always deserve what they get

that's life, as ugly as it is sometimes

and thank you for giving me immunity from Philippine Law. it's much appreciated

• Like 1

You guys all realize that it wasn't the guard who shot her, right?

• Like 1
Davaoeno

I certainly appreciate that in this country many people with wealth or power have learned from an early age that they are special, that they are to be kowtowed to , that the rules are for the peons and not for them, that you cross them at your own risk, and that many confrontational situations justify a violent response- either by them or by their armed guards or drivers. Many of them can be recognized by their suvs that have heavy window tint that you cant see through, and the way in which their drivers bully their way thru traffic-often forcing other vehicles [ especially motorcycles ] off the road. So I do appreciate how hard it can be for a poorly trained guard who has no real authority and who the homeowners association will never back up against a rich homeowner . But- that never justifies killing someone [ no matter how much of an arrogant pushy bitch she might be !]

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

truthfully i didn't but the posts i made still stand. mostly the wondering if he actually meant to shoot or not.. again not that it matters killed is killed

Wombat No More

Most of us would have just put the sticker in the car and said good morning and politely waved to the guard every day.

And it's likely, along with other suppositions here, that the subdivision management was arrogant and overbearing also. It is possible, as I observed living in one before, that the sticker is being sold to residents for what I had to pay, P150 per year, and if you didn't have one then no entry was threatened. In effect, you had to buy a sticker for every vehicle and the nose starts to come out of joint with management when you know their stickers cost P20 to make, and they are making a profit on residents while the monthly association management meetings spends P4 TO 6,000 each month on Jolibee food and snacks, from association funds that come from you, the residents.

I've seen angry residents, irrespective of however small the charge for stickers is, for being forced to pay for stickers. Many argue the point and display anger. Doesn't necessarily mean they are arrogant but maybe rather upset at fees foisted on them that are seen as unnecessary or excessive, particularly when management waste their money or steal it in the end.

Clearly the guard did not know her and was doing his job. In our guard house I see new guards all the time. But that still did not excuse him in shooting her.

There would be absolutely nowhere in any guards rules, whereby he even points a gun at an unarmed person, particularly a known resident of a place he/she is guarding for those very residents. The latter would be cause for charges as it is. But to kill an unarmed person where there is no threat to life, well shit.

Don't pass judgement too soon on the security guards....lets wait for the official investigation.

Question already asked....why she didn't simply park outside and call management

why she didn't have sticker

was she physically and verbally abusive to the security guards

Well who gives a bugger if she was abusive. If you're a guard and you have a verbal altercation with someone at the gate and they are forcing the issue, call the bloody police, after all you're only a guard with very limited powers, even though carrying a gun.

Sounds like she was an arrogant bitch, who thought the rules didn't apply to her. If thats the case, she got her karma.

As we have seen reported more than once, these guns seem to go off without intention. Perhaps he just meant to point at her as a threat.

Come on UZI, get real mate. WHAT WAS THE DICKHEAD DOING WITH A ROUND UP THE SPOUT???

It's PEACETIME, WE ARE NOT AT WAR, he guards a peaceful residential subdivision and what the hell does he think he's doing even pointing a weapon, loaded or not, at an unarmed civilian...

Rules of engagement must come in here some where and Mr. Dickhead guard, now murdering fecking bastard, has violated the most basic of those rules. Who cares if she was abusive, who cares if she was pushing the point, who cares if she was arrogant... So would that be reason to raise a loaded weapon and pull the trigger? No life or limb was actually in danger in respect to the guards. I hope the subdivision gets sued for everything they are worth.

• Like 3
Davaoeno

while his job description might not have been "guard" i dont think there is much difference !! He was at the guard house holding a shotgun !

Police said security guard Rodulfo Cavalida of the St. Louis Security Agency was on duty with fellow guard Elmer Villarba and Emborong.

Initial reports said the guard was instructed by Emborong not to open the gate because La Paz's vehicle didn't have a sticker or entry pass, as required by the homeowners association.

A quarrel erupted after the woman confronted Emborong and the two guards.

According to one of the guards, Villarba, Emborong suddenly grabbed his service shotgun and fired at the woman.

• Admin (Retired)
broden
But- that never justifies killing someone [ no matter how much of an arrogant pushy bitch she might be !]

i didn't mean to justify anything if that's what you mean. but i've seen people killed for less.

real life is a bitch with very very few hollywood endings

The 'shooter' wasnt a guard. He was a collector for the HOA (also a resident of the subdivision). He appeared during the argument, snatched the guard's shotgun, and shot her. Sounds like some good intent there to me.

Edited by Mailman
  • Like 2
Davaoeno
He was a collector for the HOA

now theres a collector who takes his job seriously

and what kind of a guard lets someone grab his shotgun ?

Edited by DAVAOENO

I would guess the kind of guard who receives their paycheck from the HOA... just a guess though.

• Like 3
lazydays

despite that is was foolish of her and she obviously handled this wrong, it still does not justify her been shot to death. What is most concerning about your post is not so much what you say but the fact several other members liked what you said!

If you beleive in karma and this is how you think then I would be worried if I was you!

Well, i actually used the word Karma coz its the most common word used these days to describe my thought. In my kneck of the woods we would say she got her "come uppance" but some people may not have understood that phrase.

According to the OP report this incident was not a one-off, it was a regular dispute between these two people, so it wasn't just a case of her having a bad day.

I wasn't actually rejoicing in the fact that she got killed, it was way over the top.

I believe Karma is a Budhist thinking, no i'm not a Budhist.

Edited by lazydays