What are the Poorest Provinces in the Philippines?

I have visited Samar ... Daram and Catbalogan. It's quite poor, but the people there still manage to live their lives...shop, go to school, etc. It must be hard, though.

smokey

David Lee Roth(that famous philosopher lol)said

"money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you a yacht big enough to sail up beside it"

david lee roth was a tattle tale.. that is why he lost his band...

endless summer

Bicol is region 5 in the phillipines the largest province.I do not belive it is poor at all cam sur legaspi naga daet catanduanes which one is poor

AlooGobi
david lee roth was a tattle tale.. that is why he lost his band...

Ummm....I know nothing about that,never really listened to the band,all hair and lycra tights i think?

I was in Samar before, on a road trip.

As far as I know, its statistically the poorest province.

However, I quite liked it. Its very underdeveloped, and some beautiful jungle around.

Its poor as the people live a very simple life. No tv's, laptops etc, just a hut & a field.

The villages are just like any other.

The road on the eastern side is in the worst state of repair iv ever seen though. Only for the big 4X2 tyres I would have been extremely slow.

JamesMusslewhite

wow jme soooooo true money can not buy happyness

That's because they don't know where to shop.... :yourock:

JamesMusslewhite

My wife says they have an expression about the Somar people. Because of their high-pride and pridefull-boasting, which is why they are always so poor and attacking eachother with machetes. That the area has the reputation for being a nest of fake-faithhealer and black-magic peddlers.

"I am rich because In my house we shovel much money out our door, and hoe much money back into our door..... can I bum a single cigarette please."