Sign in to follow this  
RandyOdom

Can Anybody Repair a Laptop?

RandyOdom

I have a HP Pavilion 17 inch laptop that has a problem with the LCD screen. All the black is showing red now and it refuses to be adjusted out. Before I take to outside shop, was wondering if someone on the Linc could repair for a reasonable price. I have cash. : )

Woolf

I can not repair your laptop, but if everything else fails you can take it to the laptop repair booth, it is just outside CDR-King in e-mall

• Like 1

ancienrocka

Take it to Norseman - he is great with computers!!!

Kodiak570

Not sure if he is still offering to speak honestly. I remember back when I joined there was a problem with others who didn't respect his time and there is the new baby here as well. You won't know til you ask him though.

RandyOdom

I left Norseman a message on Facebook but he never answered. I figured no answer was his answer.

CardiacKid

There is a HP Service center In Cebu City. I had the keyboard replaced on my HP laptop several years ago by them. If it still under warranty or you just want an estimate I would try them. Tel. No. (632) 888-6100. HP Service Centers. Unit C-D-E Ground Floor. Capitol Centrum Bldg. Clavano cor. Escario St. Cebu City

elBradford

Fly me over there and I'll take a look :yahoo: A LCD screen can easily be replaced - it also could be where the LCD ribbon cable sits on the laptop motherboard has gotten loose or pinched. Don't crack it open to take a look though, unless you know what your'e doing. They're incredibly tight and you'll probably end up with a dozen more screws left over when you put it back together. Best of luck though.

indiana

i hate to tell you my laptop in the philippines had a problom and i took it to all the places i could find i ceby city and no luck i stnt it back to U.S and at a repair shop here in miy home town it was fixed in fifteen min. 20 bucks. just my experance good luck and if you find a good fixit shop in cebu please tell us so we can use also.

USMC-Retired

Randy there is a place in Emall that can repair it. I do not have the tools or test for screens. The place is as you go through the food court towards CDR King. There is a cell phone shop just past the arcade. Once past that on the left there is a repair shop. They will do it. Sorry I did not see facebook. Just got home.

Woolf

I think that the shop Norseman is talking about, is the one that is kind of hidden in a corner

USMC-Retired

I think that the shop Norseman is talking about, is the one that is kind of hidden in a corner

Yes

Runian

the is also SSL laptop repair in Ayala service section. 3rd or 4th floor far left of fitness first by the exist from the metro shopping center. I ask them to day and they can change an lcd or repair if possible. ( but aint a red pixel a dead pixel)

another vote for the shop in emall it the shop hidden in the corner .

rubio

If its a DV9000 you could take a look at this video and associated videos on the same page!