American killed in upscale Davao subdivision yesterday

Stranded Shipscook

I didn't question from the news report that there were 2 with the same name in the sub division. What I questioned was whether the online 'Bob' that is being referred to is the same as the deceased 'Basil'.

Yes it was, there are so many links and online hints by the deceased himself that the conclusion was clear. Plus the knowledge/info of somebody who lived in the same subdivision with reports, that police is in front of the house of the person knows as Bob.

But its always good to ask questions and question everything critically too.

Anyhow, now its clear.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• UZI

• Cary

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes, the only reason a person is alive is that it is illegal to kill them.....just sayinDennis

how will humanity go on after such a loss?

My old dad taught me "never mind where they stick it, as long as it's not in you"   This guy was still a human being, strange in many ways, but still human. Maybe with luck he'll come back sorted a

Posted Images

Davaoeno
Don't know why you are reacting in such a condescending manner to that

on rereading my post i felt that it was indeed condescending and edited it while you were making this post ! :notallthere:

But i will tell you why I did make a condescending comment and it was because of this " This reminds me of the Ella Joy Pajero......the match is close enough

Which i considered [ at first ] to be an outrageous and totally unfair as well as insulting accusation to make !!! [ because [ at first] i read it as you saying that my thinking basis was Basil was the same as those who accused Bergen of the crime - ie that my comment was a match for the accusations in that case ]

Edited by DAVAOENO
Davaoeno

WOODRIDGE PARK HOMEOWNERS ' ASSOCIATION INC.

Dear Homeowners,
:SO.
nlJO.tf'j
, 1'2.

A gruesome murder of one of our residents happened in our village yesterday · afternoon. This matter is already being investigated by the appropriate authorities. The Board would like to assure everybody that our security guards have been given orders to strictly implement tight security measures to ensure safety of our homeowners. We would

also like to appeal to all of you to be vigilant and observant and report to our Security any suspicious character in our Village.

Thank you.

THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

on rereading my post i felt that it was indeed condescending and edited it while you were making this post ! :)

But i will tell you why I did make a condescending comment and it was because of this " This reminds me of the Ella Joy Pajero......the match is close enough

Which i considered [ at first ] to be an outrageous and totally unfair as well as insulting accusation to make !!! [ because [ at first] i read it as you saying that my thinking basis was Basil was the same as those who accused Bergen of the crime - ie that my comment was a match for the accusations in that case ]

Nice to know you would leap to that conclusion rather than looking for a more sensible reason. My question AGAIN was that the 1st name was different, the age was different and as per the norm here on LinC - members will immediately start to draw their own versions of events. I was questioning whether the 'BOB GRIFFIN' profile was indeed the same person (seeing that your friend was the only person who said his name was Bob) or are we jumping to conclusions. Guenther has now stated he has seen for himself that they are indeed the same person so we have corroborating evidence Question answered but Ian, given your legal training, you know how hard it is to clear someones name once accusations are out in the Internet & as pointed out, posts on LinC often are the top result on Google.

Davaoeno

you know how hard it is to clear someones name once accusations are out in the Internet

Yes- I do have some legal training. So lets look at what I actually posted and see if I actually accused him of anything :

I did say :

1. I understand [ from my friend who lives in the same subdivision ] that he has the largest house there- 8 bedrooms, --------------------------------------- [ none of which i can confirm obviously ]

2. The only other information that i got i got from googling Bob Griffin Davao

3.or it may be about someone who may or may not have been male who may or may not have been gay who may or may not have been killed who may or may not have lived in Davao

Now I might not be reading things properly UZI but I dont see one single accusation that I made against this guy ! Nor did I come to any conclusions- I only stated what information i had been given -and by whom or where

Anyway I am more concerned about what happened and why it happened than by this

you know how hard it is to clear someones name once accusations are out in the Internet

Yes- I do have some legal training. So lets look at what I actually posted and see if I actually accused him of anything :

I did say :

1. I understand [ from my friend who lives in the same subdivision ] that he has the largest house there- 8 bedrooms, --------------------------------------- [ none of which i can confirm obviously ]

2. The only other information that i got i got from googling Bob Griffin Davao

3.or it may be about someone who may or may not have been male who may or may not have been gay who may or may not have been killed who may or may not have lived in Davao

Now I might not be reading things properly UZI but I dont see one single accusation that I made against this guy ! Nor did I come to any conclusions- I only stated what information i had been given -and by whom or where

Anyway I am more concerned about what happened and why it happened than by this

Davao,

I don't know why you are taking this personally. Although I was replying to your post, I didn't say YOU made accusations. I used it in general terms. For example, all I have seen outside of LinC is an American, named Basil Griffin aged 73. Not a GAY or any sort of pervert. You in fact have posted similar concerns:

It bothers me that people go out of their way to refer to this guy as “ the gay guy “ – as if that means something . It is irrelevant to me if he is gay or straight, and I think it is insulting to gay people everywhere to try to condemn this guy because he is gay. I do however condemn him if in fact he was into having sex with children – of either sex- !!

• Like 2
Davaoeno

All that is important - to all of us i think - is that the truth comes out - whatever it may be , and that no one starts pointing fingers at foreigners just because they are foreigners. If he was an innocent guy who just got robbed and killed - I feel bad about that. If he was a sexual predator praying on children then i say good riddance to him coz we are all better off without him.

Julian C Thong

If he was a sexual predator? Apparently he was a secondhand car salesman.

Davaoeno
If he was a sexual predator? Apparently he was a secondhand car salesman.

thanks for clarifying that for us . i feel much better now that you have given us your learned opinion on the subject. Perhaps you can advise us as to what kind of sexual predator he wasnt ??

Julian C Thong

thanks for clarifying that for us . i feel much better now that you have given us your learned opinion on the subject. Perhaps you can advise us as to what kind of sexual predator he wasnt ??

Dunno but you seem to be the expert.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

Dunno but you seem to be the expert.

be careful there julian...someone's especially sensitive today. self inflicted wedgies hurt :ROFLMAO:

post-4506-0-64946800-1325755190_thumb.jpg

Faluango

I googled up his name and visited one of his profiles and I saw a picture of a naked boy. This is disturbing.

Alan S

This has gone from a murder report to a thread about what MIGHT have been posted on the internet that may or may not relate to the same guy, and what his lifestyle may

or may not have been.

Closed!

• Like 3