American killed in upscale Davao subdivision yesterday

Davaoeno

I cant imagine that there were 2 guys called Griffin killed in Ma-a today [ which is where Woodridge subdivision is ] . And it wouldnt surprise me at all if a guy called Basil used the name Bob. In fact Bob Griffin's profile name is basil69 .

The only real difference is that Bob Griffin says he is 59 years old, and Basil was 73 [ i dont think he would be the first guy to lie about his age]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• UZI

• Cary

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes, the only reason a person is alive is that it is illegal to kill them.....just sayinDennis

how will humanity go on after such a loss?

My old dad taught me "never mind where they stick it, as long as it's not in you"   This guy was still a human being, strange in many ways, but still human. Maybe with luck he'll come back sorted a

Posted Images

I cant imagine that there were 2 guys called Griffin killed in Ma-a today [ which is where Woodridge subdivision is ] . And it wouldnt surprise me at all if a guy called Basil used the name Bob. In fact Bob Griffin's profile name is basil69 .

The only real difference is that Bob Griffin says he is 59 years old, and Basil was 73 [ i dont think he would be the first guy to lie about his age]

Man if he's 59, then I'm 19 lol

Davaoeno

It bothers me that people go out of their way to refer to this guy as “ the gay guy “ – as if that means something . It is irrelevant to me if he is gay or straight, and I think it is insulting to gay people everywhere to try to condemn this guy because he is gay. I do however condemn him if in fact he was into having sex with children – of either sex- !!

• Like 3
Stranded Shipscook

It bothers me that people go out of their way to refer to this guy as “ the gay guy “ – as if that means something . It is irrelevant to me if he is gay or straight, and I think it is insulting to gay people everywhere to try to condemn this guy because he is gay. I do however condemn him if in fact he was into having sex with children – of either sex- !!

Actually the latter part is not proven either, as the only photo I ( myself ) saw on one social network showed a naked boy taking a bath, which could be his sisters son or another relative. My Gf and her friends constantly exchange those pictures in facebook as well.

but i honestly admit, that i DID NOT looked any further than the front pages of his profiles, i don't wanna know either, he is dead and therefore not necessary for me to know.

And others can look and tell me. lets wait for the news tomorrow. if there is dirt, they find it. certainly.

It's a little concerning that there seems to be a fair number of murders lately and I really have no idea about the details of this particular case as the whole thread was confusing from the start and I'm not that interested to starting binging it. I'm just a little worried that I have yet to hear of one arrest let alone anyone being charged for the murders of foreigners that I have just read of here in the news threads over the last month or so! Is this sending a green light that there is no punishment for killing foreigners? I certainly hope not considering I'm planning to spend many years there soon....

Edited by jme
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

i think it depends. it's a descriptive that people use, i think it depends on how it's used. but if it's purposely ignored it becomes the elephant in the room.

i remember watching a comedy bit some time back with the central character in it being a black guy and everyone else in it was trying to describe who he was to someone with out saying he was black.

Faluango

All I can say is rest in peace. He might have been lonely and mentally unstable or simply not up to date to todays human society in order to get himself into such a mess.

Edited by Faluango
dennis1105
It bothers me that people go out of their way to refer to this guy as “ the gay guy “ – as if that means something . It is irrelevant to me if he is gay or straight, and I think it is insulting to gay people everywhere to try to condemn this guy because he is gay.
I don't know why it would bother you. Just because it's irrelevant to you doesn't mean it's irrelevant to everyone. We are people here...we have opinions insulting or not....If someone thinks his lifestyle has something to do with his murder then so be it. It's just their opinion and is not "insulting to gay people everywhere". We are all allowed to have opinions, even if we are wrong and even if it's not, in your eyes, a "PC" opinion. I respect your beliefs and opinions and you respect mine.

Dennis

• Like 1

Holy crap. I feel sick. I regret ever googling this guy, I wish I hadn't been so curious about someone I didn't know.

How on earth do people get away with having photos like that on the profile page.

Edited by Ricky

I didn't question from the news report that there were 2 with the same name in the sub division. What I questioned was whether the online 'Bob' that is being referred to is the same as the deceased 'Basil'.

This reminds me of the Ella Joy Pajero......the match is close enough. Basil - Bob & 73 - 59 well he was American. How do you & Guenther KNOW that this profile you keep referring to is Basil? Does the profile give his address? Just clarifying the info is factual & not as so often happens, jumping to conclusions.

Davaoeno

The Mindanao Examiner :

US septuagenarian killed in own house in Davao City

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 11:46:46 PM

thumb_20120104104646_0.jpg

DAVAO CITY (Mindanao Examiner / Jan. 4, 2012) – Philippine police are searching for a Filipino in connection with the death of a 73-year old American whose body was found inside his home in the southern city of Davao.

Police said Basil Griffin was found bludgeoned to death in the bathroom of his house in Ma-a village on Tuesday. Griffin was alone in the house when he was attacked.

Crime investigators said burglary was likely motive of the murder as Griffin’s belongings, including money, were missing and believed taken by the attacker.

Police gave no details about the American, who had been living in Davao the past years. (Mindanao Examiner)

Edited by DAVAOENO
Davaoeno
How do you & Guenther KNOW that this profile you keep referring to is Basil? Does the profile give his address?

So UZI's question is how do we know that the Basil Griffin who lives in Ma-a and was murdered on Monday is the Bob Griffin who lives in Ma-a [ and was apparently murdered on Monday ] and calls himself basil69 ???

Edited by DAVAOENO

I didn't question from the news report that there were 2 with the same name in the sub division. What I questioned was whether the online 'Bob' that is being referred to is the same as the deceased 'Basil'.

This reminds me of the Ella Joy Pajero......the match is close enough. Basil - Bob & 73 - 59 well he was American. How do you & Guenther KNOW that this profile you keep referring to is Basil? Does the profile give his address? Just clarifying the info is factual & not as so often happens, jumping to conclusions.

As G... pointed out, the "Bob" Griffin with the racy profiles claiming to be 59 has a couple of email addresses on his pages that contain basiljr, basilj, etc. So not conclusive proof, but looks likely to be tha same guy.

KennyF

Hey, if I was christened Basil, I'd call myself Bob.

KonGC

• Like 1

So UZI's question is how do we know that the Basil Griffin who lives in Ma-a and was murdered on Monday is the Bob Griffin who lives in Ma-a [ and was apparently murdered on Monday ] and calls himself basil69 ???

In other words what UZI is asking is the guy who calls himself Basil really Basil ?

No....I asked how do you KNOW that the online BOB is the same as Basil. Did BOB post his address? Why are you avoiding a simple question. How do you KNOW that Basil is this same online person who apparently has posted photos that are so objectionable. Info such as one profile saying basil69 is now coming out after I asked but again is basil69 associated with the profile photos being referred to? Seems a lot of bits but are they really connected? I don't know I am just looking at what is posted & asking. Don't know why you are reacting in such a condescending manner to that.