American killed in upscale Davao subdivision yesterday

The guy posts that he is a 59 year old ----------------------guy looking for ----------------------------. His profile has -----------------------------. I understand [ from my friend who lives in the same subdivision ] that he has the largest house there- 8 bedrooms, --------------------------------------- [ none of which i can confirm obviously ]. I have no details re the murder yet . The sexual references are not needed. sexual references removed Edited by DAVAOENO, Today, 07:42 PM.

This is the information that Davaoeno gave. He said that he got a lot of the details from the guy's blog. But if you guys are in Davao I am surprised that its not all over the local news because he is a foreigner. The only thing I can think of is that since it happened I believe last night is the only reason you have not heard anything yet.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• UZI

• Cary

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes, the only reason a person is alive is that it is illegal to kill them.....just sayinDennis

how will humanity go on after such a loss?

My old dad taught me "never mind where they stick it, as long as it's not in you"   This guy was still a human being, strange in many ways, but still human. Maybe with luck he'll come back sorted a

Posted Images

Davaoeno

This is the information that Davaoeno gave. He said that he got a lot of the details from the guy's blog. But if you guys are in Davao I am surprised that its not all over the local news because he is a foreigner. The only thing I can think of is that since it happened I believe last night is the only reason you have not heard anything yet.

My Australian friend lives in Woodridge subdivision. The email that he sent me this am read " An American Bob Griffin was murdered in his home in Woodridge subdivision some time between 2 & 4.30 PM yesterday afternoon.

The only other information that i got i got from googling Bob Griffin Davao. Since it contains information that I have been requested not to post here then I suggest that anyone wanting to fill in the blanks use Google. I can find no reference to this event in the newspaper.

Julian C Thong

So this is about a gay guy who may or may not have been killed in Davao.

Faluango

i wonder why he got killed? googling up his real name reveals his sexual desires, which in my opinion, isnt very smart to be put online like that.

Edited by Faluango
Davaoeno
So this is about a gay guy who may or may not have been killed in Davao.

or it may be about someone who may or may not have been male who may or may not have been gay who may or may not have been killed who may or may not have lived in Davao . Did i miss anything ?

• Like 2
KennyF

Good riddance.

My old dad taught me "never mind where they stick it, as long as it's not in you"

This guy was still a human being, strange in many ways, but still human.

Maybe with luck he'll come back sorted a bit better next time.

Let's hope so.

KonGC

Edited by KennyF
  • Like 4
Davaoeno

My friend just drove by Bob Griffin's house and there are police everywhere. The only update seems to be that Bob did not have aids- he had cancer. My friends wife who is very connected is checking with her NBI connections to find out more

The gossip is : he was filthy rich [ won a lottery in the US ] and was in the process of buying a 2nd house in Woodridge . No word yet on how murdered or by who

Edited by DAVAOENO
Experienced

My old dad taught me "never mind where they stick it, as long as it's not in you"

KonGC

I do mind when anyone sticks it in a preschooler... girl or boy. His photos suggest that's where his real interests were...

• Like 1
Julian C Thong

or it may be about someone who may or may not have been male who may or may not have been gay who may or may not have been killed who may or may not have lived in Davao . Did i miss anything ?

Yes.

• Like 1
InternetTough

I wonder how much this impacts on the Filipino's minds as to the kind of people retirees and other foreigners living here are. For this heartwarming reason, among others, I hope that more foreigners of extremely doubtful living habits aren't murdered here.

ArieBombarie

I wonder how much this impacts on the Filipino's minds as to the kind of people retirees and other foreigners living here are. For this heartwarming reason, among others, I hope that more foreigners of extremely doubtful living habits aren't murdered here.

these posts always surprise me, filipines is not ignorant on these subjects

ps I did not bother to google and the thread with so many posts deleted does not make sense to me

So the name given is Basil not Bob, so is this guy NOT the one that is gay etc etc..????

American found dead in Davao City

MANILA, Philippines – The body of an American was found dead by authorities inside his home in Barangay Ma-a, Davao City Tuesday afternoon.

The victim was identified as Basil Joseph Griffin, 73, a retired auto salesman from Oregon, USA.

His body was found at around 3 p.m. inside the bathroom of his home in Woodridge Park, Barangay Ma-a in Davao.

Police said Griffin, who was alone inside the house at the time of the incident, was hit in the head and face with a mallet by a still unidentified suspect.

The victim’s caretaker “Kevin” told police that an unidentified person brought food to the victim’s house when he was out.

Police are looking into robbery as a possible motive for the crime.

Aside from a large amount of money, the victim’s passport and keys are also missing.

Authorities are investigating the scene of the crime for possible clues on the attacker’s identity.

The weapon used in the crime was also left at the scene. -- Report from Paul Palacio, ABS-CBN News Davao

Stranded Shipscook

So the name given is Basil not Bob, so is this guy NOT the one that is gay etc etc..????

American found dead in Davao City

MANILA, Philippines – The body of an American was found dead by authorities inside his home in Barangay Ma-a, Davao City Tuesday afternoon.

The victim was identified as Basil Joseph Griffin, 73, a retired auto salesman from Oregon, USA.

His body was found at around 3 p.m. inside the bathroom of his home in Woodridge Park, Barangay Ma-a in Davao.

Police said Griffin, who was alone inside the house at the time of the incident, was hit in the head and face with a mallet by a still unidentified suspect.

The victim’s caretaker “Kevin” told police that an unidentified person brought food to the victim’s house when he was out.

Police are looking into robbery as a possible motive for the crime.

Aside from a large amount of money, the victim’s passport and keys are also missing.

Authorities are investigating the scene of the crime for possible clues on the attacker’s identity.

The weapon used in the crime was also left at the scene. -- Report from Paul Palacio, ABS-CBN News Davao

his email address ( i mean the Bob or Robert Griffin ) contains the word basil and Jr., which may be the confusion. The deceased also often referred to him as 59 years old in social network sites, but he may have changed his age.

I doubt, that there are 2 different Americans living in the same subdivision and maybe the police also did not disclose his name, and the journalists fiddeled it together from all the websites on the social networks.

Or- he named himself Bob or Robert and his real name is basil jr.

However, surprisingly ( or maybe not) the media is not yapping all about his sexual preferences and other things... but maybe we hear more tomorrow in the printed news.