Current price of computers in Cebu?

I am wondering if it's worth while bringing a laptop to the Philippines? Current rates here are around 17,000 pesos for a basic HP laptop (AMD E-350 processor, 15.6 inch screen, 4 GB, 320 GB, wifi, cam, windows 7

goggleye

if you carry it in with you sure its worthwhile - computers definiatlely cost more in the phils

KennyF

Where you want it guaranteed might help your decision.

KonGC

CardiacKid

HP has a service center in Cebu City. They replaced a keyboard on my HP laptop that I brought with me from the U.S. If you have a global warranty, service should not be an issue.

American Ace

I am wondering if it's worth while bringing a laptop to the Philippines? Current rates here are around 17,000 pesos for a basic HP laptop (AMD E-350 processor, 15.6 inch screen, 4 GB, 320 GB, wifi, cam, windows 7

Yes bring a laptop cos prices are high in the philippines on brand new laptops etc. I wreck my desktop PC's easy and so does my family so I buy second hand or reconditioned out of the classifieds ads when I want a PC in Cebu. There are plenty of computer whizzkids in Cebu City who will add all the software cheaply also.

Edited by American Ace
MarinePride

If you are coming here, bring a laptop with you, as the prices here tend to be on the high side. Desktops can be built here very cheaply though.

if it is anything similar to TV's the computers will also be 2 or 3 years behind the rest of the world. Buy a new laptop there, it was probably the latest model 3 years ago back in your country and it will also be about the same price you paid 3 years ago. I'm comparing to TV's but I would guess it is not far different.

So what would you pay in the States or wherever you are from for this same set up?

So what would you pay in the States or wherever you are from for this same set up?

To me here is canada I think, profile say canada and previously resided in

That's the Canadian price (plus tax) for this laptop converted to pesos.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-15-6-laptop-featuring-amd-e-350-processor-2000-300ca-grey-2000-300ca/10185587.aspx?path=596e475c788ea61a8bad1f4cae0a7d62en02

I am wondering how much that one would be in Cebu?

Also, I may need a new desktop but from my experience they don't come with operating system but it's expensive.

Operating system has to be Windows 7, not Linux.