Getting Ready To Build The New PC

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i've never had a problem with either brand of video card

and i think i'll eventually get an external hd to keep pics ,video's and anything important on .. planned to do that in the past just never have. i can keep it safe separate locked up if i want to and carry it around easier if i need to

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• broden

• Cipro

• senseless

• musicman666

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in October my video card gave up and I almost got another computer but decided to wait. Here is what I was thinking of buying a few months ago from PC Express near SM:   processor:

oh and the overkill is for two reasons yeah i game and i like to have all the settings maxed out.. and i now want to do that on my 60 inch tv   my brother gave me Skyrim for Christmas .. i've played

Yeah gfx cards are so cheap now..... I used to buy cards for my work that were more than the rest of the machine but now I just get the latest mid high end gaming card..... And yes the ssd card say 5

Fish Sandwich

i never like doing barely enough but i was curious. i may or may not go with an ssd drive for the os .. just depends on where i want to put the money

If you're spending $3k on a system, please budget SSD for at least your OS drive. It's not that expensive, it's FN fast and anything else would most definitely be the bottleneck.

Stranded Shipscook

well slowly getting ready anyway. still have another couple of months probably..

first thing i have to do is wait for the new AMD Radeon 7970 GPU's to come out i'm thinking i want to put two of those in there and 12 or 16 gigs of ram

looking at using an Intel Core i7-3930K 3.20 12mb intel smart cache lga2011 cpu

still deciding on the motherboard and a case but i think this will be the first time i forgo using a soundcard and use the onboard sounds as they've gotten so good. and i can use that money elsewhere in the computer.

looking at a nice 24 inch led monitor from asus who's stuff i like.

gonna slap a blu ray player in there too as it'll be hooked up to the tv it's cheaper than buying a stand alone one

2 hard drive probably 500G for the operating system and utilities and a 1T one for everything else

probably gonna go with win 7 pro a crap load of fans

and liquid cooling which will be new to me (fingers crossed)

and a 1000 watt power supply

anyone else getting or building a new pc?

like i said i still have a wait but planning and building are half the fun .. just like legos

i plan to build one, can you kindly send me your old parts ? :D

I got 1.8 Intel, 1024 mb Ram, my sound on board is broken, but the casing is brand new !

Edited by G....
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

i plan to build one, can you kindly send me your old parts ? :D

I got 1.8 Intel, 1024 mb Ram, my sound on board is broken, but the casing is brand new !

too late

spoken for

the kiddo can't wait

:)

• Admin (Retired)
broden

then i gotta go shopping for cables too and a splitter.. one for the monitor and a15 foot one to go to the tv

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Have you taken a look at the Sony Bravias? They have a VGA plug on their TVs. I use a 32" for my monitor. It's badass

i haven't and i may. but for now i'm pretty happy with the thought of this monitor.. and keep in mind i'll be able to use my tv too and intend to .. quite a bit

plus i like the 200 buck price on this one and i'm happy with the asus monitor i have

and it's bigger than what i have now

i did notice that sharp has an 80 inch led tv out now for 4k

maybe when i bump my tv up to that eventually i can just keep the old tv for a full time computer monitor

Edited by broden
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

This is the monitor I've been using for the past 3 years. I'm using it now to post this...I don't think I could ever go down in size again. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824254052

that's pretty nice.. yeah it's always hard to go smaller slower etc etc

A few comments.

I built a similar rig recently, all with parts I got in Cebu, so it is possible. You can get decent processors at PCX quickbuys, although, usually you will have to get them to ship it from Manilla. Best I found here was an i7 950, which is what I currently use with an ASUS P6X56D-E mobo. The mobo has 6 ram slots, which is nice when filled with 24 gb of ram. I use a 80 GB SSD for my operating system (which is nice for running any high resource programs), with a 500 mb internal hd as storage. I also have a 2tb WD external drive for extra storage, although the 3gb version is out now (sigh). As for the video card, I currently use a NVidia GTX 460 which plays Skyrim (and anything else) quite nicely.

Best places for CPU parts and accessories I have used here are PCX express (across from SM mall), PC quickbuys (sm mall in the northwing tech area), and Interplay in Gaisano Country mall (but the service there is horrid).

• Like 1
Justin Kredible

Don't forget what will most probably be the MOST IMPORTANT upgrade you can make, especially when it comes to playing Skyrim: A proper couch.

I am using a futon now, and it is not up to snuff. Towards the end of my gaming session, I usually find myself draped upside down over the front edge of it in a hastily assembled pile of pillows.

I am thinking a sectional. Soft fabric, not leather. Possibly heated and air conditioned. With a fold out bed for when I can't crawl over to my own (10 feet away), a chip and soda dispenser and a bluetooth answering machine for my cell phone. A bidet would be overkill (and downright silly), but a small microwave/fridge might be called for as well.

Enjoy Skyrim, broden.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden
Don't forget what will most probably be the MOST IMPORTANT upgrade you can make, especially when it comes to playing Skyrim: A proper couch.

i have a very high back leather office chair that i use when i'm on the computer. i can lean way back in it

i could probably sleep in it if i wanted to

as far as couches go we have a micro suede over sized love seat we use most often and a fold out couch bed too.. the love seat will eventually get replaced with a dual recliner .. we wore the last one out.. i highly recommend them

Edited by broden
TheMatrix

Take it from someone that has spent most of their lives behind the screens:

Keep in mind that second to performance, get the most monitor you can. This is definitely not a place to skimp. If you're gonna spend several hours every day staring at the screens, spend as much as possible to get the finest. I've spent a good part of my life as a professional trader behind several monitors 10+ hours every day, and quality of monitor will make a huge difference is eye comfortability. As a commodities trader, I prefer Dell's UltraSharp monitors. My charts are crystal clear and so will your gaming be without eye strain. Very easy on the eyes. They're perfect for my trading. The 24-inch'ers are very inexpensive now. The 27-inch is preferred, or if you can get your hands on the ultimate 30-inch, you'll have the best of the best. Here's a 30-inch on sale now in the UK with shipping to the Philippines if you so desire:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250966740815

Don't let the current low price fool you. This monitor is highly desirable and will go for about $1k. I think the 30" is costing just about $1300 retail now direct from Dell.

monitor-dell-u3011-hero.jpg

Edited by TheMatrix