E ticket with Air Phil - name spelled wrong

My nephew has booked a ticket Cebu - Manila via internet & they have spelled his name wrong. He is worried as they need ID when checking in. He has sent an email to Airphil but no reply (yeah I know - surprise) but given it is 1st day back after hols early days too.

Anyone got suggestions on this? I plan to take him to a local agent tomorrow for advise but any other?

Does his Credit Card Number - Last Four Digits - appear on the Ticket? I never check to see if the spelling is right or not, but I always bring the CC that I paid the ticket with - that is what they look at.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UZI

• Davaoeno

• Elsa

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An even better solution I have used with Air Phils is to get immediate customer service. Go to the facebook page, post on the wall & send a PM - this works - I have had Airphils Express problems

In my personal knowledge who have some experience with Air Phil - I worked for them for about 6 months - that If you book an e-ticket and accidentally enter your name incorrectly is that we have a p

Thank you for a stupid waste of space reply David. No, I am perfectly capable of expressing myself. THEY issued his confirmation with a typo.   Beyond that thanks for nothing.

An even better solution I have used with Air Phils is to get immediate customer service.

Go to the facebook page, post on the wall & send a PM - this works - I have had Airphils Express problems resolved within 2 hours twice

OK, thanks for the input all.

Here is the full story. There was an 'I' instead of an 'O' as the passenger name even though the email to him was spelled correctly. I tried MP's way through Air Phils FB page but it wouldn't even allow a comment. I just disappeared after hitting send. I have seen this happen before on company FB sites.

So I went to their Website & got the Cebu contact number for reservations. The girl who answered was very helpful. She noted the error on the computer & said for him to just bring 2 forms of ID. I have told him to print out the full email which has his name in the email address & it is addressed to him also - both correctly spelled. I don't see an issue now. Job done

Cheers

• Like 1
David_LivinginTalisay

Thank you for a stupid waste of space reply David. No, I am perfectly capable of expressing myself. THEY issued his confirmation with a typo.

Beyond that thanks for nothing.

Don't go getting your damn knickers in a twist UZI!

Your reply to my offering information on my experience of E-Tickes, is RUDE and uncalled for!

If your Nephew did NOT make a MISTAKE and has a COPY of what he Submitted, proving this to be the case, then it is clearly the Airline who made the Typo error as you now have clarrfied, then I would say it is their mstake, and a simple phone call to the Airlines Customer Services should have sorted it all out.

This whole thread, about a private Domestic issue with the Airline, is what is really a waste of space. If you don't want REPLIES then don't post the Thread!

What I posted was ON-Topic and relevant to the Topic of E-Tickets.

In my experience with Cebu Pacific, what you enter on the screen in terms of the Passenger details, is what ends up on the E-Ticket, that you print out on your PC and present at the Airport.

Here is the full story. There was an 'I' instead of an 'O' as the passenger name even though the email to him was spelled correctly. I tried MP's way through Air Phils FB page but it wouldn't even allow a comment. I just disappeared after hitting send. I have seen this happen before on company FB sites.

So I went to their Website & got the Cebu contact number for reservations. The girl who answered was very helpful. She noted the error on the computer & said for him to just bring 2 forms of ID. I have told him to print out the full email which has his name in the email address & it is addressed to him also - both correctly spelled. I don't see an issue now. Job done

Cheers

I am curious here. UZI, did it get sorted? If not yet, would you give us an update when it has been, please?

Edited by Admin
udonthani

it's not the airline that has made the mistake, but whoever booked the flight. Either they spelt their own name wrong, or else a 3rd party wasn't thorough enough to realise the names have to match.

certainly with Cebu Pacific, the spelling has to match EXACTLY. Saying it was 'just a typo' won't get you anywhere. If they don't match, you can forget about getting on the plane. I always stress this when booking flights for Filipinos and they have to send me their full names as listed on their ID's. You can try calling them up, but much better is going round to the office with the booking form and the credit card you used to book the flight, plus the ID of the passenger (if it is different). You can't necessarily expect them to do this for nothing. It will probably come under the 'name change' rule, and incur a charge. Tell him to be more careful next time.

Seems all anyone is interested in is who made the error not how the error was resolved. The OP was about how to rectify the error not apportion blame.

As I posted in #17 above, a call to Air Phils Cebu reservations number got a helpful CS girl who looked up the reference number and noted that there was a 1 letter error in the surname. Something pretty common in the Philippines. She added a note onto the computer file to state that he had phoned to correct it & that he should show 2 forms of ID when he goes to the airport. I also told him to print out the complete confirmation email which shows his name spelled correctly in the email address they sent it to.

Also to put aside the Credit Card part, the card owner has a different name. The flight isn't for over a week yet, so if any further issue I will update.

• Like 2
Julian C Thong

My experience in the Philippines is that the ID must match the name, not the credit card. I have bought tickets for people over the net and I've never been asked for it.

As Udon says Cebu P are very pickey.

Glad to hear the problem is sorted.

Don't go getting your damn knickers in a twist UZI!

Your reply to my offering information on my experience of E-Tickes, is RUDE and uncalled for!

If your Nephew did NOT make a MISTAKE and has a COPY of what he Submitted, proving this to be the case, then it is clearly the Airline who made the Typo error as you now have clarrfied, then I would say it is their mstake, and a simple phone call to the Airlines Customer Services should have sorted it all out.

This whole thread, about a private Domestic issue with the Airline, is what is really a waste of space. If you don't want REPLIES then don't post the Thread!

What I posted was ON-Topic and relevant to the Topic of E-Tickets.

In my experience with Cebu Pacific, what you enter on the screen in terms of the Passenger details, is what ends up on the E-Ticket, that you print out on your PC and present at the Airport.

David,

First off what information did you offer? Your reply only said - I am not familier with Internet Booking of Flights with Air Phil

If you had bothered to read my post prior to your reply you would have seen, a simple phone call ... THAT WAS WHAT WAS DONE, no thanks to anything you offered - oh wait you offered nothing except to correct my posts grammar (btw learn to check your own spelling before criticizing others... familiar only has ONE L & an A not E) & to apportion blame. The entire thread is about asking for ADVISE in resolving the error of which I had plenty of good helpful suggestions. If you had nothing helpful to say, why did you post?

Surely it should really be My nephew has booked a E-Ticket Cebu - Manila via internet & HE HAS TYPED HIS OWN name wrong and did not check it carefully before hitting the SUBMIT button?

I am not familier with Internet Booking of Flights with Air Phil, but do have experience with CebuPacificAir.com

David, I think you may be confusing the help that is requested here - Uzi wasn't asking for help on how to word a question on LinC - but for help dealing with a specific airline.

Perhaps a lot of us could use your expertise in "word smithing" or sentence structure - but that would be covered in a different topic - perhaps one you could start.

Uzi also asked for help in dealing with a specific airline, one in which you don't have experience with - if you had offered your experience with the other airline on what that other airline would do, Uzi could have applied that to his issue - but all you did was note that you didn't know anything about his airline -

I have to agree with Uzi, your response wasn't very helpful - whether he was rude or not would be between you and he -

Take Care

Edited by mpt1947
  • Like 2
Stranded Shipscook

I think i have just entered a kind of "twilight zone" here. Can't believe my eyes. Is that all for real here ?

What a nonsense, just forgive each other and don't make such a fuzz, or i go Tampo ! :(

Cheers

In my personal knowledge who have some experience with Air Phil - I worked for them for about 6 months -

that If you book an e-ticket and accidentally enter your name incorrectly is that we have a penalty charge of 1,300 pesos to be paid in the AirPhil office in Mactan Airport.

Every passenger who booked for a certain flight will automatically be reflected in the AirPhil computer system. The Airline staff no idea how your Family name is spelt as long as you just give them the airline ticket immediately ( Just give the valid I.D upon request but handy to have it with you all the time). The Error cannot be easily found unless the error START FROM THE FIRST LETTER of the family name. ie if you name is "Ramonez" and the ticket reads "Kamonez" they will pick it up straight away, but if your ticket reads "Ramoniz" they are unlikely to spot the error.

To fly Domestically it is always a must to carry your:

1.) Airline Ticket

2.) Valid I'D - in all honesty this is only just our reference to hit the right keyboard of how your name is spelt especially if the passenger speaks unclearly, needs assistance, etc.

3.) 1 Photocopy of the credit card that used to purchased the e-ticket and 1 photocopy of valid I.D of the credit card owner. - This reason is to protect from fraud and it only applies to a passenger who used a Credit Card upon booking that does not belongs to them.

Some airline staff in the check-in counter are not strict about airline rules but some are! Majority aren't. and if the Management refresh the rules, then it will become vice versa.

Elsa

www.cebuexpatservices.com

Edited by Admin
removed duplicated quote
  • Like 3

Hmmmmmmmm I noticed that I quoted the original post of UZL twice! I have no idea how this happened as I am not expert in computer nor in Facebook ( even I use FB most of the time) Sorry!

Elsa

In my personal knowledge who have some experience with Air Phil  - I worked for them for about 6 months -

that If you book an e-ticket and accidentally enter your name incorrectly is that we have a penalty charge of 1,300 pesos to be paid in the AirPhil office in Mactan Airport.

Every passenger who booked for a certain flight will automatically be reflected in the AirPhil computer system.  The Airline staff no idea how your Family name is spelt as long as you just give them the airline  ticket immediately ( Just give the valid I.D upon request but handy to have it with you all the time).   The Error cannot be easily found unless the error START FROM THE FIRST LETTER of the family name. ie if you name is "Ramonez" and the ticket reads "Kamonez" they will pick it up straight away, but if your ticket reads "Ramoniz" they are unlikely to spot the error.

To fly Domestically it is always a must to carry your:

1.) Airline Ticket

2.) Valid I'D - in all honesty this is only just our reference to hit the right keyboard of how your name is spelt especially if the passenger speaks unclearly,  needs assistance, etc.

3.) 1 Photocopy of the credit card that used to purchased the e-ticket and 1 photocopy of valid I.D of the credit card owner. - This reason is to protect from fraud and it only applies to a passenger who used a Credit Card upon booking that does not belongs to them.

Some airline staff in the check-in counter are not strict about airline rules but some are! Majority aren't.  and if the Management refresh the rules, then it will become vice versa.

Elsa

Great info & just what I wanted. LinC comes through in spades as usual

• Like 1
Davaoeno

1300 pesos ???? just pay 95 pesos and get a new photo id in the name on the e-ticket

1300 pesos ???? just pay 95 pesos and get a new photo id in the name on the e-ticket

Well, that's what they charged! Let me guest? In order not to happened again and to speedy the transaction. Because if they charged small amount then people thinks that's okay whereas big amount of penalty will make it more careful. It is just my best guest!

Elsa

www.cebuexpatservices