E ticket with Air Phil - name spelled wrong

My nephew has booked a ticket Cebu - Manila via internet & they have spelled his name wrong. He is worried as they need ID when checking in. He has sent an email to Airphil but no reply (yeah I know - surprise) but given it is 1st day back after hols early days too.

Anyone got suggestions on this? I plan to take him to a local agent tomorrow for advise but any other?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UZI

• Davaoeno

• Elsa

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An even better solution I have used with Air Phils is to get immediate customer service. Go to the facebook page, post on the wall & send a PM - this works - I have had Airphils Express problems

In my personal knowledge who have some experience with Air Phil - I worked for them for about 6 months - that If you book an e-ticket and accidentally enter your name incorrectly is that we have a p

Thank you for a stupid waste of space reply David. No, I am perfectly capable of expressing myself. THEY issued his confirmation with a typo.   Beyond that thanks for nothing.

Davaoeno

print it out- white it out- copy it ! I very much doubt that they will question it anyway - i think that here its accepted as par for the course !

• Like 1
Stranded Shipscook

If the ID used for booking reference and/or the credit card number is the same, there should be no problem, but be there long before departure.

Happens more often the one thinks, also in the pre e- ticket days.

Alternative, as you did, you can go to the agent, but they may wanna charge ( surprise again )

• Like 1
Davaoeno

or you can do what lots of filipinos do when they buy tickets online from other people - pay 95 pesos and get a photo id in that name. My gf has photo id with our corp name on it and in maybe 10 flights [domestic] no one has ever questioned it.

For Real

An even better solution I have used with Air Phils is to get immediate customer service.

Go to the facebook page, post on the wall & send a PM - this works - I have had Airphils Express problems resolved within 2 hours twice

• Like 3
David_LivinginTalisay

My nephew has booked a ticket Cebu - Manila via internet & they have spelled his name wrong. He is worried as they need ID when checking in. He has sent an email to Airphil but no reply (yeah I know - surprise) but given it is 1st day back after hols early days too.

Anyone got suggestions on this? I plan to take him to a local agent tomorrow for advise but any other?

Surely it should really be My nephew has booked a E-Ticket Cebu - Manila via internet & HE HAS TYPED HIS OWN name wrong and did not check it carefully before hitting the SUBMIT button?

I am not familier with Internet Booking of Flights with Air Phil, but do have experience with CebuPacificAir.com

Surely it should really be My nephew has booked a E-Ticket Cebu - Manila via internet & HE HAS TYPED HIS OWN name wrong and did not check it carefully before hitting the SUBMIT button?

I am not familier with Internet Booking of Flights with Air Phil, but do have experience with CebuPacificAir.com

Thank you for a stupid waste of space reply David. No, I am perfectly capable of expressing myself. THEY issued his confirmation with a typo.

Beyond that thanks for nothing.

• Like 2

Don't assume that the web sales system is tied-in to AirPhils' reservations system because it may well not be. I think AirPhils uses the "Galileo" reservations and ticketing network as does its parent, Philippine Airlines, and it's quite likely that a clerk has to print-out the web sales record and then key it into Galileo. And if, as is likely, he paid by Debit/Credit card then if he typed his name wrongly, payment would not have been authorised.

Edited by Markham
Davaoeno
And if, as is likely, he paid by Debit/Credit card then if he typed his name wrongly, payment would not have been authorised.

Please dont let David know that because then his attempt to put down UZI's nephew wouldnt make sense !!!

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

If the credit card matches it should be no problem. However always expect the unexpected here. They normally verify the credit card to the E-ticket.

Do let us know the outcome. As many travelers have the same thing happen.

Edited by Norseman
Davaoeno
They normally verify the credit card to the E-ticket.

in maybe 25 domestic flights i have never once have them ask to see my credit card .

samatm

NO WORRIES. They don't check any ID on Domestic Flights. I just went to Manila As "Frank Zappa" on Cebu Pacific. And My Daughter was "Dwezil".. anyway. If AirPhil is like CEB.. Then no Worries AT ALL. All they want to see is your itinerary receipt ...

• Like 2
USMC-Retired

in maybe 25 domestic flights i have never once have them ask to see my credit card .

I have I guess I look funny

If the credit card matches it should be no problem. However always expect the unexpected here. They normally verify the credit card to the E-ticket.

Do let us know the outcome. As many travelers have the same thing happen.

He is coming round tomorrow & I will get the full story. I will of course give the blow by blow for everyone to learn from - or as is also likely....laugh at.

samatm

Ok for E ticket purchase... he will have to show his ID to Match Credit Card. Shouldn't be problem if its simply a spelling mistake. I purchased my CEB tix in person with credit card and no one asked me or any members traveling with me on both legs of the trip.