e-reader in Cebu

the.lone.gunman

the.lone.gunman

OP expressed a desire to purchase a Kindle. There was some debate over his ability to purchase one in Cebu. I was merely informing him of another way to read ebooks, not to argue the merits of one method over another. Several posts declared that Calibre cannot read ebooks at all ... or is not a good reader. I know these statements to be false/uninformed as I have been using Calibre for quite some time. In fact, I gave my kindle (an early model) away months ago and use Calibre exclusively. OP deserves to know that there are alternative methods if he cannot find a kindle and not be subjected to false statements.

I bought a Cherry Pad today with the Android system cuz it was only 3800p. I don't know what it will be like as a reader, but I can give it to someone if it doesn't work out. I might have to download an app for book reading, I'm not sure yet. I'm technologically retarded so this might take a while. Calibre looks good to me on my laptop, not sure what it will look like on a 7 inch screen.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• afmayer

• the.lone.gunman

• Lordblacknail

• billten

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm using the Aldiko as well and I like it for the same reasons you do. I liked it so much I got my gf one too, she likes the camera function and the wifi and she uses it for Facebook and Youtube and

afmayer

I bought a Cherry Pad today with the Android system cuz it was only 3800p. I don't know what it will be like as a reader, but I can give it to someone if it doesn't work out. I might have to download an app for book reading, I'm not sure yet. I'm technologically retarded so this might take a while. Calibre looks good to me on my laptop, not sure what it will look like on a 7 inch screen.

How good are your eyes? With the tired eyes that I have ... font size, clarity, cleartype capabilities, etc meant more to me than anything else. The older Kindle I had was useless to me ... fonts not clear/large enough in conjunction with screen size ... maybe the newer Kindle models are better equipped for the visually impaired. Unless you have picky/sophisticated requirements for a reader, it usually comes down to mostly pushing a single button (or touchscreen) to turn pages.

Edited by afmayer

I bought my Kindle4 online from a supplier in Manila last month. I paid p5005 including shipping to my home in Davao. PM if you want details

afmayer
And btw, once again, I have over 200K eBooks if anybody is looking for something in particular.

Do you have Science/science-fiction? Maybe we can trade something? I have lots of ebooks also.

Lordblacknail

I have offered my ebooks several times on this forum. Just tell me what you are looking for. I have most science fiction authors, and a lot of science books. Who are you looking for?

afmayer
Back to the OT... The kindle is available at iTech in the Maze in Ayala, ask for Cherry, she is great...

What model and how much does it cost?

Athena
And btw, once again, I have over 200K eBooks if anybody is looking for something in particular.

Hi, im interested with your ebooks if its still on offer ………… how can I avail them????????

I have a kindle as a present without any ebooks except the instruction how to use kindle :)

It would be nice if you have some thriller or books by Forsyth, Ludlum, J Patterson, Clancy, J Archer, Crichton, Sidney Sheldon, Jude Deveraux …………..

Many thanks!

Julian C Thong

The last time I looked you cannot download to Kindle from the PI

Lordblacknail

You certainly can. I dl my Christmas present from Amazon onto my Kindle 3g

Julian C Thong

Great, I might get one then. Thanks.

What model and how much does it cost?

Don't know, when i was there Cherry said they had the fire but not sure what else from Kindle, i did see the K3 there a few weeks ago, but anyhow, best if you go in and ask them ;-)

the.lone.gunman

I bought a Cherry Pad a few days ago for 3800p at Ayala. It has a one year warranty. It is internet capable and I downloaded a book reader and some books and it works quite well imho.

afmayer

I bought a Cherry Pad a few days ago for 3800p at Ayala. It has a one year warranty. It is internet capable and I downloaded a book reader and some books and it works quite well imho.

Where did you get the cherry pad at ayala?

I checked into the Kindle Fire (only model they have) at Itech in Ayala. Cost P13,250 ($302) ... Way too much ... Can be gotten for $123 at Target/Walmart in the states. I will probably get the cherry pad as a stop-gap until I buy a better reader in the states.

Edited by afmayer
the.lone.gunman

Where did you get the cherry pad at ayala?

I checked into the Kindle Fire (only model they have) at Itech in Ayala. Cost P13,250 ($302) ... Way too much ... Can be gotten for $123 at Target/Walmart in the states. I will probably get the cherry pad as a stop-gap until I buy a better reader in the states.

I got the Cherry pad on the third floor at Ayala at a place called Junrex, it is opposite Ingenious. I've had it for a few days now and I really like it now that I have gotten used to the Android system. It is wifi capable too, good for email, facebook, Youtube etc. For 3800p I am pretty impressed and it has a one year warranty.
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

they are fun. my kid was doing math problems on my kindle fire earlier and having a ball. now he's playing skee ball on it, i'm gonna have to send him to bed just to get my turn