Jeepney

60 Minute sailing time.

Pier 1 ticket office and departure.

post-4984-0-37735100-1325411528_thumb.jpg

Piet.

Edited by Dutchpiet
  • Like 4

SkyMan

Nice but no bikes? I think there's a RORO out of Danao that's shorter trip, don't know the ferry time.

Jeepney

Nice but no bikes? I think there's a RORO out of Danao that's shorter trip, don't know the ferry time.

The only roro to Getafe I know about, is lite ferrie to Mactan.

Small bikes go on the Clemer pump boats from/to pier 1.

But the Tubigon, or Talibon route is better to bring cars/bikes.

Edited by Dutchpiet

Jeepney

Was at pier 1 yesterday, there are adjusted sailing times for this service:

post-4984-0-62996900-1327881809_thumb.jpg

Durham

Which is the cheapest ferry to take a car to Bohol and roughly how much.

Headshot

The fastcraft don't carry vehicles. Lite-Shipping ferries to Tubigon is probably the cheapest at about 2000+ not including fares for passengers.

Headshot

BTW...on the map of Bohol, the town's name is spelled JETAFE, not GETAFE. Which is it really?

Jeepney

Btw, I was there yesterday in Getafe,

there is a new roro service now, the miss romblon, vg lines sails there now!

I just wonder what has changed in Talibon, coz the miss romblon was servicing that port before....

Mahogany? ..hehe...

post-4984-0-22990600-1328031797_thumb.jpg

mahogany

Btw, I was there yesterday in Getafe,

there is a new roro service now, the miss romblon, vg lines sails there now!

I just wonder what has changed in Talibon, coz the miss romblon was servicing that port before....

Mahogany? ..hehe...

Piet, VG Shipping now operates only "Andy 2" between Talibon and Cebu - I believe at 9a.m, from Talibon and 7p.m. from pier 3. No more roros coming here any more. Also the fast crafts between Talibon and pier 4 operate only once per day (and irregular at that). They argue that they are alkanse and thus need to adjust. Everyone here thinks only short-term; who cares about customer service - never mind satisfaction?? Oh, how I hate that word "alkanse" (roughly translated as "running at a loss"). In my case it looks like back to tedious vhire rides to get to Cebu :(

@Headshot: Many years ago the town was named Jetafe; now, for reasons unknown to me, it is Getafe...here it is http://getafe.gov.ph/

• Like 1

ckfm

Anything interesting in the area?

udonthani

no boats to Bohol from Danao. I don't even think you can get any boats to Bohol from even Mandaue port either, but not so sure about that.

Jeepney

no boats to Bohol from Danao. I don't even think you can get any boats to Bohol from even Mandaue port either, but not so sure about that.

Mandaue: Quano wharf to Pitogo (P.Garcia Island) near Ubay, pumpboat every morning @ 8 departure.

Ouano wharf, Mactan (hilton) MEME pumpboats, I think 4 sailings a day to Getafe.

Jeepney

Piet, VG Shipping now operates only "Andy 2" between Talibon and Cebu - I believe at 9a.m, from Talibon and 7p.m. from pier 3. No more roros coming here any more. Also the fast crafts between Talibon and pier 4 operate only once per day (and irregular at that). They argue that they are alkanse and thus need to adjust. Everyone here thinks only short-term; who cares about customer service - never mind satisfaction?? Oh, how I hate that word "alkanse" (roughly translated as "running at a loss"). In my case it looks like back to tedious vhire rides to get to Cebu :(

@Headshot: Many years ago the town was named Jetafe; now, for reasons unknown to me, it is Getafe...here it is http://getafe.gov.ph/

Thanks my friend Mahogany,

However when I was at the piers yesterday to do some research,

I stopped by the VG Lines outlet to see the Island Roro 2 is sailing at 21.00 to Talibon ,

and departing at 12 noon from Talibon.

They must have listened to your wise words, and redone the schedule again..hehe.

Piet.

Edited by Dutchpiet

Headshot

My first thought on this is...why would anybody care about this ferry route unless they actually live in Getafe? There is nothing in Getafe except a jeepney terminal and an open market. There is no hotel or even a pensionne there that I know about. It isn't close to anything else on Bohol, so once you get there, you will have to arrange some sort of transportation (since you can't take vehicles on the fast-craft ferries) to get you someplace where you can actually stay. So...what is the point? Tubigon at least has a couple of small pensionnes where travellers can stay if they absolutely needed to.

mahogany

My first thought on this is...why would anybody care about this ferry route unless they actually live in Getafe? There is nothing in Getafe except a jeepney terminal and an open market. There is no hotel or even a pensionne there that I know about. It isn't close to anything else on Bohol, so once you get there, you will have to arrange some sort of transportation (since you can't take vehicles on the fast-craft ferries) to get you someplace where you can actually stay. So...what is the point? Tubigon at least has a couple of small pensionnes where travellers can stay if they absolutely needed to.

The reason for this is, that Getafe is the shortest point to Bohol from Cebu and thus the quickest route to Northern Bohol with its towns Talibon, Ubay, Trinidad, San Miguel, Bien Unido and the heavily populated islands in the north. It is less than one hour by fastcraft vs 4 to 6 hours by regular vessel to Talibon and Ubay (from Cebu). There were even thoughts some time ago to link Mactan and Getafe by bridge. The region is developing well, and soon the bigger investors will want to ensure reliable and quick access to and from this part of the country.