I have had the following Crime happen to ME

Stranded Shipscook

Crime statistic  

86 members have voted

1. 1. I have had the following Crime happen to ME

• I was robbed with force ( Knife, Gun etc.)
    • I was pickpocket ( not loosing things, but proven pickpocket !)
    • I was burglarized, have Police report made.
    • I was burlarized, but i think, it was an inside job(maid,etc), so i didnt bother going the Police
    • I was robbed by a prostitute or under circumstances that were connected with Red lite dictrict
    • I was frauded by "business proposal" and other trick schemes.
    • I was frauded by a Trick Thieve. Lured into changign money,gambling etc.
    • Others, please state exact case as warning for others.
    • Nothing ever happend to me !

Stranded Shipscook

How many choices can you pick?

Terp, please read the topic and pick as many choices as you like and please share it with us to.

This (Dangers and warnings) is a serious Forum and even to put up a topic requires the OK through a moderator.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stranded Shipscook

• broden

• UZI

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do not agree with that part. Certain tricykad drivers (in certain neighborhoods) and or habal habal drivers might be into some "gang" activities, but for the most part tricycle drivers are just midd

Yes, definitely, a multiple response of every lurker and troll.   i don't see anything discriminating and shameful in being a victim of a crime.

some people pay for that kind of action anyway

Posted Images

smokey

i have had two inside jobs one maid took 10,000p out of our room and when we asked she quit ... i had on two times people come to my house borrow tools to do job and when done they left with the tools... and i was swindled for 1,000 us by a guy who acted like he was interested in buying our house... guy swindled many people and was arrested and released and on his way out of town was shot by two guys on a bike in tabnook market ,,

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more pops up in my mind. A maid once stole 500 pesos from us but my wife's sister dealt with that. They fired her and told her father (she was not too happy about that).

I can't really remember all the cases where people promised stuff and it never materialized. I am so fat up with that now that I demand money back in such cases (and have been successful so far). People get tired after a while and when you go to the police, they really move. Never use a lawyer for that stuff, most police love foreigners as long as they get their pasalubong.

Edited by ckfm
A maid once stole 500 pesos from us but my wife's sister dealt with that.

Had a maid steal and pawn my wedding ring.

Stranded Shipscook

Is there a reason this poll is public? You might get more responses if it were not.

yes, its informative to know which and where and what happened and in which proportion. And i though about making it anonymous, unfortunately some people do not take it serious and maybe just click every button for "fun".

W want info in this thread, not bullshit, i hope everyone agrees.

I don't see, why people would post different, poll or not. They can choose to "poll only" their event. They can choose to Poll and reply ( most desirable, so we get good warning info's) or they can post their experience without polling.

( Which would not make sense to me ?!)

Stranded Shipscook

But Robert my house has been burglarized twice, I've had things stolen from my yard at least 3 times that I know of. Had counterfeit money passed to me and I'm pretty sure I had my wallet snatched.

That's: Burglar, trick thievery and pickpocket.

Sorry to hear that.

Tip- clean your yard up a bit and keep your things locked in the house, honestly, your inviting the crooks.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

my wife and i were walking not far from carbon one day and someone came up behind us and tried to snatch her chain. i always keep pretty well aware of my surroundings so just as he reached i clamped my hand over her neck and turned my head to look him in the eye as he grabbed my fingers .. he decided to take off running as fast as he could .. good enough for me..

and once we were in the middle of a small shoot out on Sanciangko street, nothing i've not been in the middle of before, some dumb kid swiped something off a vendor or out of a small shop and ran they shot at him he was shooting back at them everyone hit the floor but me. my wife dove in to a cab so i walked around to the other side and got in.. my wife and the cabbie were both on the floor. the kid got winged by a bullet i know cause soon after i got in to the can be begged me to let him in and got blood on the window. i waved at him the cabbie dove back to hit the lock .. which i may of locked already out of habit i don't remember.

i don't remember which of those two things happened first. but i think it was after the one on Sanciangko and my wife (to be) telling her how calm i was, that my Mother in law asked me to start watching over the rest of the family when they had to go somewhere.

there's crime everywhere but the crime i've seen personally in the RP was many factors less than the crime i've seen elsewhere... but that is just my experience and by far not the whole story ... crime is crime is crime everywhere

dennis1105

Is there a reason this poll is public? You might get more responses if it were not.

How about because this is a public forum? What possible reason would we keep the information secret? Why on earth would someone want to tell Geunther in secret that they were robbed? What purpose would that serve? Dennis

Stranded Shipscook

the g man started this post to show how little crime there is in the philippines... backfire on him

Smokey, this is an absolute useless, assumptive and prejudiced remark you do here. I suggested now to the moderator, that you get banned from THIS topic and all your posts deleted except the productive one you made on your experience.

It is not productive for this SERIOUS "Warnings and Dangers of the Philippines" Forum if one just trolls around for whichever reason.

May i also remind you , that it was ME who suggested to open this FORUM a while ago, a clear indication that I am FAR from believing that the Philippines is a safe heaven.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

lets not start off a whole new year this way, Robert has a lot of information he can pass along so do you Guenther so do many others. another mod may but i'm not ready to ban anyone from this topic.

so lets settle in tell our tales and not sweat the small stuff.

it doesn't matter why the thread was started just what it becomes

and hopefully it won't become something that gets locked or has to have people locked out of

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

anyway i voted both other and nothing ever happened to me..

I had some one entre my house throug a open window on the second floor I had to tell the staff not leave any windows open.

Then at robinson I had a bag with my camera and I was stupid I put it on the floor. I had some guy distract me while some one else took the bag.

A kid on a banana bike stuck a gun in my back in Manila back in the 90's. Got my drop wallet with 50 pesos.

I jumped in a taxi right away; I was afraid he'd get mad and come back.

Witnessed some stabbings in Filipino bars and guards shooting at petty thieves.

A young girl in Ormoc ran between me and the waiter and grabbed my 500. Waiter let me off.

I write it all off to being in the wrong place and wrong state of mind. Easy target. Stupid?

Wombat No More

Please Filbert, kindly go back to sleep...

This IS a public forum so what the hell are you on about?

It's actually an interesting thread and I, along with everyone else except you, and maybe Smokey, likes it and are interested in the possible outcome of scores on the poll.

As for me, I voted right after the thread went up but just replying now... I see that the highest single vote is for those conned/tricked out of money... I say to those who have called me "stupid - fool - dumb etc etc" for telling my tale in the past of being ripped for over A$70k, that I'm not the only one who trusted and got burned by scum. But at least I swallowed my pride and told all and sundry my sorry tale, even though I knew I would look pretty dumb to others. My ONLY motive; to make other newbies to the Philippines, aware that they are always at risk of being preyed upon, coming from countries that this sort of crime is much more unheard of.

I had 3 maids out of 4, all hired from agencies, steal money and goods from me... One of them, a replacement for the last thief, stole a lot of stuff and money. My dad, who I had brought back from Australia, lost A$400 in the first 30 minutes after arrival. This maid turned out later, to have been trying to help her boyfriend raise P50,000 bail money for murder, was meeting him often at the subdivision basketball courts and giving him whatever she had gained. He was on the run. Couldn't prove a bloody thing though and this info came from another maid after we fired that thief. Found my dad's camera in a heavy bottom drawer in a cupboard nobody ever went to, ready to be spirited away, but we fired her before she got it out and she was watched after we informed her so couldn't get it... Don't say much at all for Maid agencies.

I lost an P11k aluminium ladder from my upstairs building site one night, while the 4 workers 10 metres away slept? Hollow blocks stolen, and my specially made ones are about 2.5 times more expensive. 2x power cords, brought from Oz coz one can't find decent cords here, and 20 metres and 22 metres long. I got 2 metres of the 22 left coz they couldn't get at that bit and cut it off. Got 3 others now.

I packed an expensive watch in my luggage when I first moved here. I saw it after arrival and in my apartment. When I went looking for it a few months later, it was gone, along with my new false teeth insert (3 teeth with a chromium frame connecting the 3rd tooth on the other side of my mouth) I had a gold post put in place with a magnet involved with it somewhere, to hold it in place, and this represented a lot of work in Oz and several thousand dollars. The thief would only look at it as a curio. The gold post remains in my mouth unused like another slightly smaller tooth. We had no maid or kids, just me and the missus and the place was always locked tight when we were out and a flat roof so no enty points and barred windows. Go figure.

Had 16 mm deformed bar, cut from 2 piers. The piers were 3 feet above ground and waiting to be extended the next 9 feet and with 1 metre of barx4 sticking out of each. I had to demolish the 3ft of concrete pier above ground and a bit more under, to get enough steel length back to put the correct overlap of bar to continue. The thieves may have received less than P100 for the 'scrap' steel while it cost me a few thousand to repair. Bastards. They didn't thank goodness, cut the steel from the other 7 posts and I think coz it was too hard to cut, being the hardest steel grade available, at 60 grade. Leave nothing at all unsecured, coz even secured stuff disappears here. My very common comment (and of course I don't mean all Filipino's), "They're all thieving bastards"

Edited by WombatPhil
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

now fella's don't be too hard on filbert. he does have a point some people like to take part in polls with out posting and some would prefer privacy in this and others polls, some may feel embarrassment to admit they were taken but would happily take part in an anonymous survey

everyone values their privacy differently and in different matters