Smart...The Worst ISP in The World!

RandyOdom

I have Smart broadband here at the house. Antenna on roof. I was promised 1mpbs but I average about .5 mpbs. I have called many many times and nothing has been done to improve my speed. In order to watch live streaming internet, such as basketball games, I had to purchase a black dongle. Now the speeds with it run between 1 mpbs and 2.7 mpbs. I can watch the games but I have to spend more.

When you connect your dongle, it automatically downloads the software and drivers, but the shit don't work right. I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. The interface with the dongle is supposed to give you your number, the amount of load you have left and other options like texting. Most of the time, mine just says "can't connect"Yesterday I bought a 100 peso load so I could watch an NBA game this morning. The interface where I could click for 24 hour surfing for 50p was not working, so I did what the website said and texted unlisurf 50 to 2200. I got the jingle that I had a return message but due to the shitty interface, I could not see or read the message. I assumed it had worked. Today, watching the game, the dongle runs out of load.

I got very very angry. I have tried and tried to register with Smart's website but that shit don't work either. I have tried 4 different email addresses and everytime I click on sign in, it just blinks and that's it. No sign in. It tells me I have successfully registered but I can't sign in. So I called customer service. What a waste of time that was. All the guy kept saying was he was so sorry but offered to do nothing.So I told him what I thought of his shitty company. I told them they were crooks who were stealing my loads and that I was switching to Globe. Furthermore, I told him that I couldn't understand how an ISP company can't create a fecking website that works properly.

To make a long story shorter, I got the "I"m very sorry to hear that", but no offer to refund my money or any helpful advice at all. feck Smart and the horse they rode in on. I'm going to switch if it's the last thing I ever do!!!!

Maybe you can do the text unlimited for 5 days at 200 pesos if they still have that promo? At least then you would have 5 days to download your games :notallthere:

Never tried Smart but we worked our way through PLDT and Skycable - nothing but problems in both cases. We then switched to Globe a few months ago and have been very happy with the reliability and quality of the service. We are in Banawa too by the way, near Paseo Arcenas going towards Labangon.

With Globe we are getting a steady 2.4-2.5 mbps download. Upload is a bit more variable - 0.35-0.6 mbps. We have had a few very short loss of service episodes, service restored before we got to complain.

But judging from the previous threads on this topic it really seems hit and miss - someone else is just as likely to tell you that Globe gives you problems too.

RandyOdom

Never tried Smart but we worked our way through PLDT and Skycable - nothing but problems in both cases. We then switched to Globe a few months ago and have been very happy with the reliability and quality of the service. We are in Banawa too by the way, near Paseo Arcenas going towards Labangon.

With Globe we are getting a steady 2.4-2.5 mbps download. Upload is a bit more variable - 0.35-0.6 mbps. We have had a few very short loss of service episodes, service restored before we got to complain.

But judging from the previous threads on this topic it really seems hit and miss - someone else is just as likely to tell you that Globe gives you problems too.

We called Globe when we first moved here and they couldn't get a reasonable connection speed here at my house and I also live in Banawa. But we're moving next month and I'm going to take advantage of the move and shit can Smart and Skycable.

jusjoseph

For awhile sir. I have Smart bro dongle....good for net surfing only. They keep adding customers and taking their money and doing nothing to improve infrastructure. Does that sound familiar? Anyways, 85 and sunny today on Dec. 29th and the red horse is cold.

• Like 1
shadow

I have Smart broadband here at the house. Antenna on roof. I was promised 1mpbs but I average about .5 mpbs. I have called many many times and nothing has been done to improve my speed. In order to watch live streaming internet, such as basketball games, I had to purchase a black dongle. Now the speeds with it run between 1 mpbs and 2.7 mpbs. I can watch the games but I have to spend more.

When you connect your dongle, it automatically downloads the software and drivers, but the shit don't work right. I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. The interface with the dongle is supposed to give you your number, the amount of load you have left and other options like texting. Most of the time, mine just says "can't connect"Yesterday I bought a 100 peso load so I could watch an NBA game this morning. The interface where I could click for 24 hour surfing for 50p was not working, so I did what the website said and texted unlisurf 50 to 2200. I got the jingle that I had a return message but due to the shitty interface, I could not see or read the message. I assumed it had worked. Today, watching the game, the dongle runs out of load.

I got very very angry. I have tried and tried to register with Smart's website but that shit don't work either. I have tried 4 different email addresses and everytime I click on sign in, it just blinks and that's it. No sign in. It tells me I have successfully registered but I can't sign in. So I called customer service. What a waste of time that was. All the guy kept saying was he was so sorry but offered to do nothing.So I told him what I thought of his shitty company. I told them they were crooks who were stealing my loads and that I was switching to Globe. Furthermore, I told him that I couldn't understand how an ISP company can't create a fecking website that works properly.

To make a long story shorter, I got the "I"m very sorry to hear that", but no offer to refund my money or any helpful advice at all. feck Smart and the horse they rode in on. I'm going to switch if it's the last thing I ever do!!!!

Trust me, I had Smart for 3 years, now have had Globe for two. Smart is much better than Globe. Neither are capable of streaming video, but Smart's dependability and customer service are much better.

Larry in Dumaguete

• Like 1
Stranded Shipscook

i had a smart dongle for a while, its good for only one purpose, to stick it up "where it fits" into the ISP providers.

Globe Wimax is good for me. Since over a year, and no troubles. (Westside Cebu, Balamban)

But as all things, this can change sooner or later.

I had smartbrothers out in the provinces and it was so slow it would take 10 minutes to load 1 web page at times and I'm not exaggerating. When I was in Cebu city it was a different story had no problems at all. It just depends on your location. Also, these providers websites are pretty pathetic as the OP says, I know I also found them to be outdated and useless. As with anything in the Philippines, just smile, look at the funny side and it's easier to deal with then....

Edited by jme
USMC-Retired

Sadly it is something you must research prior to moving. I have had the following

Smartbro (antenna on roof) X 2

Globe Wimax

Globe DSL

PLDT DSL.

The least problems came with PLDT DSL. The up-time and the data transfer was good. I had this in two locations. Mactan and Tabunok.

Smartbro would be Second. However proximity to tower and line of sight play a huge issue. The slightest obstruction causes many issues. (Trees) Tabunok Bulacao.

Third would be Globe Wimax. Though I never had an outage with Wimax the constant lower then advertised speed was a killer. Additionally customer support. I wonder if it was a support or aggravation line. Balamban and Bulacao

Globe DSL that was up down up down up down. It rains and its down. It looks like rain it is slow. Just not good. Tabunok and Bulacao.

• Like 1
liquido

Your right about the Smart flunkies being trained to say "I apologize sir for the problem" and then do nothing to help you..They willl NEVER credit you for anything...

jusjoseph

PLDT-DSL = If there is a wire or opening in the router for where you are.

Smart Antenna = 2 year contract

last time i checked. just fyi. learning to accept mediocrity and substandard as a way of life. :notallthere:

• Like 1

Im in Manila right now and in one of the most busy hubs in Makati and still the speed is 1.5 mbps with smart bro power plug it wireless...when i first took it, the speed was 4-5 mbps but then slowly they reduced the speed, when i started downloading more movies and watched youtube....

i think they cut the seed limit depending upon the usage

• Like 1

I use globe dsl, smart 3G and pldt dsl

Globe suxs and try getting it fixed you need to visit their shop multiple times. If it rains it dies.

The 3G always works it just works.

I wouldn't write off smart bro right now. We had it reliable for 5 years now in Consolacion. It really depends where you are. Better check out the surrounding area of your new place what works best.