Is this the cheapest LCD TV in the Philippines?

We jumped on the bus a couple of hours after I read this post since one of my 24 inch LCD monitors failed on me a while ago. Went in, checked them out and looked fine. Picture quality isn't quite Sony, but what do you expect for so little money? I'm just using it as a second monitor anyway to watch movies and other videos without interrupting my new 3D modelling obsession. Good enough for me.

Now to the bad part. I've only passed through Naga before, never had a look around. Only taxi driver there wanted 1300 to take us back to Argao. Cost us under 1000 from SM the only time we've taken a taxi that far. Fck that, I'm not giving him free money. By this time I was getting a little pissed off, I had the tv in one hand, with the straps cutting into my fingers and bags in the other. Then the beggars hit us, which made me even more agitated. Can't they see we're kind of busy? Too busy to reach into our pockets for a few pisos? Clearly not. Naga appears to be as bad as that dung hole Talisay for begging.

Then to top it off, while waiting for ANYTHING that wasn't full to take us to carcar or argao, there were a couple of young men on a bike eyeing up the tv. By this time I was hot and bothered, agitated and was almost willing them on to try it. Go on, my arms have more muscle in them than your legs. You'll come flying off that bike.

So the calmness in my life evaporated today because of this post, but I am still thankful for it. Thanks OP.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• UZI

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just be careful she doesn't change your 6" for a bigger size

cheap is not always a good buy! Stick with brand names when it comes to TV's! Samsung are great! As I posted once before TV's are seriously outdated and over priced in the Philippines but some pointed

long as i get my tv it's all good

Posted Images

We jumped on the bus a couple of hours after I read this post since one of my 24 inch LCD monitors failed on me a while ago. Went in, checked them out and looked fine. Picture quality isn't quite Sony, but what do you expect for so little money? I'm just using it as a second monitor anyway to watch movies and other videos without interrupting my new 3D modelling obsession. Good enough for me.

Now to the bad part. I've only passed through Naga before, never had a look around. Only taxi driver there wanted 1300 to take us back to Argao. Cost us under 1000 from SM the only time we've taken a taxi that far. Fck that, I'm not giving him free money. By this time I was getting a little pissed off, I had the tv in one hand, with the straps cutting into my fingers and bags in the other. Then the beggars hit us, which made me even more agitated. Can't they see we're kind of busy? Too busy to reach into our pockets for a few pisos? Clearly not. Naga appears to be as bad as that dung hole Talisay for begging.

Then to top it off, while waiting for ANYTHING that wasn't full to take us to carcar or argao, there were a couple of young men on a bike eyeing up the tv. By this time I was hot and bothered, agitated and was almost willing them on to try it. Go on, my arms have more muscle in them than your legs. You'll come flying off that bike.

So the calmness in my life evaporated today because of this post, but I am still thankful for it. Thanks OP.

Great you got a bargain. As for the beggars, they are mountain folk who come down at this time of the year caroling. Not normal for beggars in Naga but you standing there with a luxury item obviously caught their attention. Perhaps sharing some of your savings on the TV by way of a few Peso here & there would have given some better Karma. You know - pay it forward.

Most tv's there seem to be about 3 years behind, so if you buy the latest model there it was probably the latest model 3 years ago in some other countries.

I think most of us for the majority of our lives have watched TV on a model which is older then 3 years. The goggle box only becomes old when you look for a new one...

• Admin (Retired)
broden

difference lcd led tv

LED or LCD: It’s The Back Lighting

Technically speaking, an LED TV is also an LCD TV, as the screen on both is a liquid crystal display. An LCD display has two layers of glass that are polarized and joined together, the liquid crystals then pass or block the light to display the television picture.

The crystals do not produce any light as the light comes from a series of lamps at the back of the screen. On an LCD TV, the lamps at the back of the screen are fluorescent lamps, whilst on an LED TV the lights at the back of the screen are Light Emitting Diodes (LED).

http://www.geeky-gad...cd-and-led-tvs/

yeah my tv is an led.. way thin though that is not a selling point to me personally.. but pretty neat.. uses a lot less electric that is a selling point and life should be longer(so far so good there)

I think led tv are only marketed as led back light. The Oled are still years off to be main stream tv.

Well if you go to, for instance THIS page, the word backlight is not mentioned anywhere, but LED sure is.

i had a look around to day the only TV i liked was SM mega mart where macro use to be. 24 inch led and full hd 1080 9,999 . but i will wait for the same spec in a 32 see if they come out for 13k

Well if you go to, for instance THIS page, the word backlight is not mentioned anywhere, but LED sure is.

with out splitting hairs they are called led tv not OLED, led TV are just that led back light.. i did not see any OLED tv in cebu today so i am sure you will not buy one by mistake..

i was only trying to help people to relise that the led tv are a better buy, and full HD is making sure you get the latest tech , the price different is only 20-30% but to me worth it.. sorry for trying to help

Edited by frenzy3

i found my low quality pics from today, at metro a 32 led , and the other as mentioned

post-11733-0-17736900-1325172885_thumb.jpg

post-11733-0-52292900-1325172982_thumb.jpg

batman2525
Just been to Metro Supermarket in Naga & was stunned to see on sale a 32" LCD tv (unknown 'China' brand) for P9,999

what about buying them up and re-selling on Ebay.?

David_LivinginTalisay

32LM07

32” LCD TV

Php 11,500.00

7832_5.jpg

7832_2.jpg7832_4.jpg7832_7.jpg7832_9.jpg

Information

Manual

• 32” LCD Display
  • HDTV Compatible: 1080p / 1080i/720p/576p/480p
  • SD Language: English / French
  • TV System Support: PAL N/M; NTSC/M
  • Aspect Ratio: 16:9
  • Contrast Ratio: 5000:1
  • Brightness: 450cd/ m2
  • Resolution:1366 x 768
  • View Angle: 178 (H) x 178 (V)
  • Response Time: 5ms
  • Power Supply: AC 220V / 60Hz
  • HDMI, USB, Component, S-Video, AV IN1/IN2, VGA, PC Audio, Headphone & RF Antenna
  • USB port: Up to 32Gb
  • Image: BITMAP, JPEG, GIF, PNG
  • Audio: WMA, MP2, MP3
  • Ebook: TXT
  • With remote control

Resolution:1366 x 768 = 1,049,088 Pixels

High-definition television (HDTV) is video that has resolution substantially higher than that of traditional television systems (standard-definition television). HDTV has one or two million pixels per frame, roughly five times that of SD (1280 x 720 = 921,600 for 720p, or 1920 x 1080 = 2,073,600 for 1080p). Early HDTV broadcasting used analog techniques, but today HDTV is digitally broadcast using video compression.

HDTV Resolution (1080p, 1080i & 720p)

Recommended:

• 1080p

Minimum:

• 720p

With each high def television boasting picture quality measured in arcane measurements like 480i and 1080p, buying your first HDTV can be confusing. But determining what clarity you can expect from your new television can be greatly simplified if you remember that modern televisions are essentially just displays, just like your desktop or laptop monitor.

Like displays, resolution is the prime determiner of an HDTV’s picture clarity, and those crazy numbers roughly equate to vertical resolution. A television which is 720p, for example, will support video of up to 1280 pixels wide by 720 pixels tall. A television which is 1080p will support video of up to 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels tall. If you see a television boasting 480i, beware: this is not a high-definition television.

But what about the trailing p and i? They refer to the television’s scan modes, but the good news is that you don’t really need to pay attention to that. If you’re curious, they refer to progressive scan and interlaced and refer to the way the screen is drawn, but virtually all modern HDTVs are progressive scan.

size-580x326.png

If you want an image with the utmost picture clarity and a television that is the highest definition, you should buy a set that is native to 1080p. A resolution of 1080p is the only way you will be able to enjoy the full spectrum of high-definition media, such as Sony’s Blu-Ray media format. Most television networks are now transmitting their programming in 1080i. It will also future proof you for quite a few years… at least until 2160p, or Quad HDTV, finally makes in-roads into consumer products.

That all said, if you are considering buying a smaller television, or even if you just want to save a couple of hundred bucks, 720p is a perfectly acceptable resolution that will still impress eyes used to the blurry appearance of standard definition television. All 1080p content will still be watchable on your 720p display, with a marginal decrease in quality. In addition, most streaming high definition media maxes out at 720p, as well as all Xbox 360 content. If you need to save some money or your HDTV is primarily aimed at gaming or streaming media, going down to 720p is a decent bang for your buck.

Depends on the screen size, unless a person is using it for a PC monitor, 1080 resolution is a very small pixel at normal TV viewing distances on some of the smaller (32" and under) sets, IMO.

what about buying them up and re-selling on Ebay.?

Selling cheap in USA already. Prices are dropping everywhere.

David_LivinginTalisay

LE-2420

24” LED TV with Remote Control

Php 7,500.00

New Arrival

11411_2.jpg

11411_10.jpg

11411_5.jpg

Specification

• Panel: 24” LED Display
  • Display resolution: 1920(H) x 1080 (V) pixels
  • Brightness: 250cd/m2
  • Contrast: 1000:1
  • System: PAL/NTSC
  • HDMI resolution: 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i/P
  • YPrPb resolution: 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i/P
  • VGA resolution: 1920(H) x 1080(V) pixels
  • Response time: 8ms
  • Viewing angle: 160°(H) x 170°(V)
  • Aspect ratio: 16:9 wide screen
  • Maximum colors: 16.7M (8-bit)
  • Reception: AIR, CATV
  • Audio output: 2*3W
  • Support multi-language
  • Support video via USB
  • Power consumption: 48W (working) / 1W (standby)
  • Power supply: AC100-240V ~ 50/60HZ

High-definition television (HDTV) is video that has resolution substantially higher than that of traditional television systems (standard-definition television). HDTV has one or two million pixels per frame, roughly five times that of SD (1280 x 720 = 921,600 for 720p, or 1920 x 1080 = 2,073,600 for 1080p). Early HDTV broadcasting used analog techniques, but today HDTV is digitally broadcast using video compression.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

my next computer i'll probably get a 24 inch led for the monitor.

but of course i'm also going to wire it to my tv

tv's will keep getting cheaper till they come out with the next best thing

then it'll happen all over again