Is this the cheapest LCD TV in the Philippines?

Just been to Metro Supermarket in Naga & was stunned to see on sale a 32" LCD tv (unknown 'China' brand) for P9,999

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• UZI

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just be careful she doesn't change your 6" for a bigger size

cheap is not always a good buy! Stick with brand names when it comes to TV's! Samsung are great! As I posted once before TV's are seriously outdated and over priced in the Philippines but some pointed

long as i get my tv it's all good

Posted Images

WOW! That is cheap. I wonder if that price fixing class action suit against the panel makers is driving the prices down?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

saw an article the other day about the prices going down. they likely will keep doing so.. told my wife just today that in a couple 3 years we could probably replace our 60 inch with an 80 for the same money or less

saw an article the other day about the prices going down. they likely will keep doing so.. told my wife just today that in a couple 3 years we could probably replace our 60 inch with an 80 for the same money or less

Just be careful she doesn't change your 6" for a bigger size :D

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Just be careful she doesn't change your 6" for a bigger size :rofl:

long as i get my tv it's all good

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

2 things to look for in any LCD tv today

1 led

2 true HD 1024

Lost me here. It is LCD so are you saying look for an LED TV instead? Why the LED comment? Please explain. Thanks

difference lcd led tv

LED or LCD: It’s The Back Lighting

Technically speaking, an LED TV is also an LCD TV, as the screen on both is a liquid crystal display. An LCD display has two layers of glass that are polarized and joined together, the liquid crystals then pass or block the light to display the television picture.

The crystals do not produce any light as the light comes from a series of lamps at the back of the screen. On an LCD TV, the lamps at the back of the screen are fluorescent lamps, whilst on an LED TV the lights at the back of the screen are Light Emitting Diodes (LED).

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/the-difference-between-lcd-and-led-tvs/

• Like 1
Stranded Shipscook

Just been to Metro Supermarket in Naga & was stunned to see on sale a 32" LCD tv (unknown 'China' brand) for P9,999

seen it also in Balamban, i stood in front of it and the Sales Guy came up and said :

"Its got Sony guts inside!"

He must have seen the Comedy starring Adam Sandler 'Don't mess with the Zorhan" :rofl:

cheap is not always a good buy! Stick with brand names when it comes to TV's! Samsung are great! As I posted once before TV's are seriously outdated and over priced in the Philippines but some pointed out that you can get some reasonable deals online for around 20k for brand name 32" LCD's. Most tv's there seem to be about 3 years behind, so if you buy the latest model there it was probably the latest model 3 years ago in some other countries.

Edited by jme
  • Like 2

Not all LED TVs are LCDs, it's sort of deceptive for them to say they are LED, they really should say LED backlight. Sony made some LED (OLED) TVs and in the future we will probably see OLED or AMOLED type displays in bigger and bigger products.

I think led tv are only marketed as led back light. The Oled are still years off to be main stream tv.