Why I Love Banking In The Philippines

1 I love taking 2 hrs to do 3 minute transaction ?

2 I love being told " system is down "

3 I love being told " no power "

4 I love being told " no power : system is down "

6 I love being told " we are out of money "

7 I love being client number 176 when there are maybe 40 seats in the whole bank

8 I love the fact that if they have 6 tellers , 2 are waiting on customers , 3 are shuffeling papers and 1 is walking around doing nothing .

9 I love the fact that no one fills out their withdrawal slip until they get to the counter , unless they are foreigners .

10 I love the fact that your bank changes hands 3 or 4 times a year ?

All are welcome to participate .. :sad_01:

7 I love being client number 176 when there are maybe 40 seats in the whole bank

8 I love the fact that if they have 6 tellers , 2 are waiting on customers , 3 are shuffeling papers and 1 is walking around doing nothing .

9 I love the fact that no one fills out their withdrawal slip until they get to the counter , unless they are foreigners .

"Sorry sir you closed that account and took all the money out"

Ummmm..... No I did not!!!!!

Long story short my friend never got his money back but revenge can be sweet. This happened 10 years ago.

At least you get a accurate count after they do it a minimum of 4 times and then write down the quantity of each denomination of note and coin they give you. Or if it's US currency, they write down the serial number of each note.

"Sorry sir you closed that account and took all the money out"

Ummmm..... No I did not!!!!!

Long story short my friend never got his money back but revenge can be sweet. This happened 10 years ago.

HSBC is one of the biggest banks in the world . Can we trust the branch near Ayala mall in Cebu ?

HSBC is one of the biggest banks in the world . Can we trust the branch near Ayala mall in Cebu ?

In my experience, the bigger banking chains are much more reliable than smaller regional banks. HSBC should be solid. BUT remember that there will be no affiliation with HSBC accounts in the US. To open a Peso account, you will need an ACR card. There are exceptions to every rule but that is the stated policy!

Don't forget,

11. "SYSTEM OFFLINE"

12. they charge you a fee to take "your money" out of a different branch!

Edited by JLG
smokey

7 and 8 drive me crazy... and when i get us out they do hand write each number down.. and lets not forget the people who come in who run some kind of loan biz.. they have like 40 deposit slips..

We asked for one credit card .

They sent us two.

Problem is we also have 2 balances and we have just been warned that we are only paying for one.

Credit used P70,000

Amount re payable.P140,000

Confused?

Me too.

How about, you can't pick up this moneygram because the sender left the suffix III off of your name.

craigbedford

Hi

HSBC PREMIER in the uk opened a peso account for me from uk all i had to do was sign some forms in banch and get my family in cebu to pick up atm cards in cebu- they will need leter of authority.

As a premier client in uk there is no minimium deposit required in cebu-currently i keep less than

All are welcome to participate .. :)

No comment...I am with him in all of these!!!!!! :) On the positive note, I am able to meet former classmates and long lost friends, make new friends and yes just sit down and think of nothing except for our turn...however this is The Philippines you can either ignore it or love it or worst leave it!!!!!! :D

Edited by Daisy

Glad to hear about the UK HSBC as that is their head quarters ........ here in the US it is a little different ....... between the Homeland Security, IRS and the Patriot Act you can't even send $.50 overseas with out someone knowing about it ....... all this is done in the name of money laundering ....... they are so afraid you might sneak some funds from the US to another country (to start a terrorist movement with you SS check) that they require other countries to notify them of ANY transferred funds ........ am i paranoid ...... no not really just p*ssed off because I can't open an account or transfer funds from one bank to another ......... BUT I AM GLAD TO KNOW THAT BIG BROTHER IS PROTECTING ME FROM MY SELF ..........

tom_shor
Glad to hear about the UK HSBC as that is their head quarters ........ here in the US it is a little different ....... between the Homeland Security, IRS and the Patriot Act you can't even send $.50 overseas with out someone knowing about it ....... all this is done in the name of money laundering ....... they are so afraid you might sneak some funds from the US to another country (to start a terrorist movement with you SS check) that they require other countries to notify them of ANY transferred funds ........ am i paranoid ...... no not really just p*ssed off because I can't open an account or transfer funds from one bank to another ......... BUT I AM GLAD TO KNOW THAT BIG BROTHER IS PROTECTING ME FROM MY SELF ..........

Because you might be a danger to yourself. The government isn't the only crazy one. I had a T-Mobile pre-paid account and accidently deleted an important number from my phone. They have the record of the called numbers but get this as a privacy measure I am told I cannot access my own account information without a supena from a court. Crazy or what.

What a friend of mine does is have his check deposited into a bank in the US he then writes a check and deposits it into a Dollar account in the Philippines. Takes about three weeks to clear so you have to plan ahead but no hassles with transfers and the mone is in the US if he changes his mind.

Hi

HSBC PREMIER in the uk opened a peso account for me from uk all i had to do was sign some forms in banch and get my family in cebu to pick up atm cards in cebu- they will need leter of authority.

As a premier client in uk there is no minimium deposit required in cebu-currently i keep less than

Don't forget,

11. "SYSTEM OFFLINE"

12. they charge you a fee to take "your money" out of a different branch!

I was charged to DEPOSIT money in my account from another branch! This happened at Metrobank, Dumaguete City, some years ago.