Former US Marine murdered at home in Tagatay

MarinePride

There is strength in numbers and youth the numbers and youth were not on this guys side. I don't care how tough or skilled you are, by yourself you are going down, unless you are skillfully armed. Real life is not a movie and the bad guys do win a lot of times. If you are a foreigner you should feel like a sheep because you are, don't fool yourself into a false sense of security. You are being studied and evaluated by people for when the time is right for slaughter or some easy pickings. This is nothing new and it's as old as history.

This story reinforces my vigilance.

• Like 1
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Stranded Shipscook

• Davaoeno

• jme

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

every night as i lay me down to sleep i pray the lord my soul to keep but if i die before i wake i pray the lord my soul to take... I said that every night but at the same time i place a 45 loaded and

You know what? I hope these worthless pieces of shit come after someone, like me, who CAN and WILL defend themselves against their cowardice asses.   I hope you read this, you feck. I will take tha

To survive, endure, and then suffer a stupid death? he deserved better.......

ArieBombarie

no because they like me i am gwapo ... it dont take a lot of people to like you only one your wife... over the years i have at times said to my wife ... honey what if this guy or that guy gets mad at me and kills me ... she said dear your good to me dont worry i will have my brother finish all of them so you can rest in peace.. and that alone makes me feel all warm inside.

it makes you warm inside to know she has brothers who finish people off? Isn't she just saying; 'you better walk on your toes or your a dead meat kano'?

just kidding

• Admin (Retired)
broden

even if they got me in the end i'd hope to take some of them with me

Davaoeno
I know one thing my misus aint goin anywhere without me thats for sure lol

and i bet the next time she says she is going shopping - and leaving you home alone- that she will get a very strange look from you !! :D

• Like 2

lets stop for a moment and work through the logic. For this scenario to occur 2 things have to happen.

1. everyone in the house-wife, helpers, kids , yayas etc have to leave the house

2.the foreigner has to remain home alone

So if you want to rob a guy in this situation [ assuming for a moment that the reason for the invasion was robbery and the guy put up a fight and got accidently killed ] you have to wait until everyone else leaves . Now how often here in the Philippines does that happen ? Not very darn often in my experience. So you would either have to have someone from the house tell you when that was going to happen, or you would have to stake out the house until you saw it happen [ not a very likely event in my opinion ]

The only other possibility is that you go out robbing foreigners houses until you finally find one where the family has left him alone . Again, not a very likely thing to happen imho.

What we are left with is the robber/murderer having inside information.

Then we are left with the question- was it a robbery gone wrong- or a murder covered up by a robbery ?

and if it was a robbery gone wrong how did they know he would be home alone ?

I don't think I read the following option - how about everyone was at home. They killed the Marine, took the money, and then went to the provinces? Returning to find the husband dead oh my?

Rest in Peace Marine - Keep Heaven's Street Safe for Me.

I have a comment for all of us - why in the Hell does anyone have 206,000 Pesos ($5000) in their home? For God's Sake people - If you don't trust the Banking System in the Philippines - then leave your money in a bank in your home country. If you need access to cash - use the ATM - If you need access to a lot of money - then get it when you need it - But on Christmas Day when nothing is open you need to have $5000 in cash?

Please people THINK - why give anyone the temptation?

• Like 3
The girlfriend would know these things even if she was not there, even someone else in the family could have known if they had been hanging around with the gf in the last few days. A worker, maid etc could also know. Even a bank teller could be a suspect. The money amount could have also been verified by bank records, receipts etc although the strange thing is how would they know that he had exactly that amount as he might have spent some after the withdraw?

JME;

All true that you said but as i was telling Phil not only the money and the laptop because yes the girl friend/wife would know all that. But did you guys notice the shoulder bag? Only an eyewitness could give the details like that and also see the killers as well. Thats why I said with that type of id why are not the crooks not in jail?

Stranded Shipscook

Regarding the News article ( which will not always indicate all facts of a crime in an ongoing investigation,- logical ) its not conclusive to me to judge anyone or anything.

What rather worries me and the authorities ( as the PNP isn't interested at all in crimes ) is the problmematic of furtehr crimes against foreign nationals.

After all, its in the TV news and many 'chance" criminals may think that its a easy task to rob foreigners, as most likely there is nobody home and that they have large amounts of money.

Doesn't appear logical at first, but one has to consider the mind of a chance criminal, its usually not the brightest.

Paired with the sometimes negative impression some foreigners leave in their neighbourhood

which gives the criminal a "justification" for his murder, it worries me even more.

( Not this one, i can't see any hint in the news, unlike the other German victim lately who was described as a "looner"!, which is a hint that he wasn't liked much)

Slowly but surely we may experience more of those crimes, first because there are more foreigners residing in the Philippines and second because the media will report more, therefore creating more targets.

It's better one looks neutrally at his living circumstances and about the chance that he may become a victim in future as well.

Headshot

Hmmm...I'm not sure what story some of you guys read.

It is very possible that others knew there was a large sum of money in the house. Filipinas are way too chatty about this kind of thing, and a conversation with a relative or a neighbor could have tipped off the perp to the money. At the same time, it is very possible that the perp thought that everyone would be out of town if the wife told others they were going to a party in Batangas. Why would they think otherwise? Who knows why the Kano stayed home. Maybe he didn't feel well. Maybe he didn't like parties. Maybe he didn't like some of the people who would be at the party. Who knows? It isn't in the story.

Some of you think that if he had a gun in the house, this wouldn't have happened. How do you know he didn't have a gun in his bedroom, but just couldn't get to it? If somebody surprises you in your home, how much chance do you think you will have to get to a weapon? Probably not much. Seldom is a person able to get to a gun to defend themselves...even in their own home. No mention was made of dogs, so maybe they didn't have a dog. It is very possible the victim never knew the perp was there when he was hit with the pipe.

I do find the bit about the "lead pipe" to be interesting. When was the last time you saw a LEAD PIPE? I would venture that outside of an industrial setting, you have NEVER seen a lead pipe. It isn't the sort of thing you just find laying around the house. Chances are the pipe was actually steel, and the reporter took liberties with the facts...Miss Scarlet in the Conservatory with a lead pipe. BTW...if the perp tossed the pipe into the swimming pool, which was where it was found by the police, there aren't going to be any fingerprints. They would have been washed off by the pool water. Even if they did find fingerprints, the only people whose fingerprints are on file here are foreigners. While it is possible that a foreigner was the perp...it isn't likely.

To me, it seems very possible that the wife (or some other family member) was involved in this, but on the other hand, it is entirely possible the only involvement they had was loose lips. It is interesting that two of the three items taken are traceable...the laptop and the cell phone. If the perp isn't smart enough to wipe the laptop and replace the SIM in the cell phone, then it would be very easy for the police to track down the killer as soon as the killer uses them. Of course, that is assuming that the police would even think to do that, which is probably a bit of a stretch.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 4

Rest in Peace Marine - Keep Heaven's Street Safe for Me.

I have a comment for all of us - why in the Hell does anyone have 206,000 Pesos ($5000) in their home? For God's Sake people - If you don't trust the Banking System in the Philippines - then leave your money in a bank in your home country. If you need access to cash - use the ATM - If you need access to a lot of money - then get it when you need it - But on Christmas Day when nothing is open you need to have $5000 in cash?

This is the question I asked as well and there could be a number of reasons for this crippled man to have cash, one I just thought of is that since he is crippled he may not like going to the ATM too much and so keeps his cash at home. I know if I was crippled I would not be wanting to hang out at ATM machines too frequently.

JME;

All true that you said but as i was telling Phil not only the money and the laptop because yes the girl friend/wife would know all that. But did you guys notice the shoulder bag? Only an eyewitness could give the details like that and also see the killers as well. Thats why I said with that type of id why are not the crooks not in jail?

It is a good point Cary but I know and my previous girlfriends knew that I always kept my money in a bag in the closet (that was locked securely). It would not be difficult for the girlfriend to realize the bag was also missing as she would the laptop etc and to be able to tell the authorities that..

Edited by jme
  • Like 1
smokey

lets stop for a moment and work through the logic. For this scenario to occur 2 things have to happen.

1. everyone in the house-wife, helpers, kids , yayas etc have to leave the house

2.the foreigner has to remain home alone

So if you want to rob a guy in this situation [ assuming for a moment that the reason for the invasion was robbery and the guy put up a fight and got accidently killed ] you have to wait until everyone else leaves . Now how often here in the Philippines does that happen ? Not very darn often in my experience. So you would either have to have someone from the house tell you when that was going to happen, or you would have to stake out the house until you saw it happen [ not a very likely event in my opinion ]

The only other possibility is that you go out robbing foreigners houses until you finally find one where the family has left him alone . Again, not a very likely thing to happen imho.

What we are left with is the robber/murderer having inside information.

Then we are left with the question- was it a robbery gone wrong- or a murder covered up by a robbery ?

and if it was a robbery gone wrong how did they know he would be home alone ?

well all saints day and all souls day everyone is gone... and i think like someone said on another thread the wife bitches and moans to the other family... its not my fault my husband will NOT loan or give you money ... then bam one of the brothers or counins says no problem i can fix that..

Edited by smokey
smokey

the problem with that smokey if its an inside job your not likely to have time to pick up your gun as you won,t be expecting it.

well if its an inside job i loose.. the way i look at it i have done enough mean shit in my life time to be living on borrowed time as it is...

• Like 2

Years ago, my wife's relatives tried to kill me so that she could get all of my supposed wealth and share it with them. Little did they know is that my wife told me what they were planning to do. That was the end of them. Cut them off and we broke all contact with them. Their children we were helping to support in school? No more.

• Like 3
smokey

it makes you warm inside to know she has brothers who finish people off? Isn't she just saying; 'you better walk on your toes or your a dead meat kano'?

just kidding

I have meet her brothers and one of them is so far out in left field from over 30 years of combat he is a poster child for PTSD .... remember the old saying .. When i die i will go to heaven because i already served my time in hell

Is it any wonder that the locals think and view foreigners the way the do? Around May Sec. De Lima was on TV World news and among the things she said is that the RP is saddled with the educational system left my Spain and the US. So the locals are fed this garbage and can and do blame foreigners for the fact they are still using pen and paper and wooden tables in school. What De Lima did not say is that she and all of her collegues are sending their children to these foreign countries that they bad mouth in public but praise in private. As for the op to me if the wife is involved, she told this guy its a family trip and then at the last minute she asked him to stay back and she would contact him later and that would explain the cash on hand the the robbers knowing of it.