Former US Marine murdered at home in Tagatay

Davaoeno
its it just me or is there a few TOO many of these foreigner killed in home while wife is away stories

lets stop for a moment and work through the logic. For this scenario to occur 2 things have to happen.

1. everyone in the house-wife, helpers, kids , yayas etc have to leave the house

2.the foreigner has to remain home alone

So if you want to rob a guy in this situation [ assuming for a moment that the reason for the invasion was robbery and the guy put up a fight and got accidently killed ] you have to wait until everyone else leaves . Now how often here in the Philippines does that happen ? Not very darn often in my experience. So you would either have to have someone from the house tell you when that was going to happen, or you would have to stake out the house until you saw it happen [ not a very likely event in my opinion ]

The only other possibility is that you go out robbing foreigners houses until you finally find one where the family has left him alone . Again, not a very likely thing to happen imho.

What we are left with is the robber/murderer having inside information.

Then we are left with the question- was it a robbery gone wrong- or a murder covered up by a robbery ?

and if it was a robbery gone wrong how did they know he would be home alone ?

Edited by davaolife
  • Like 4
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Stranded Shipscook

• Davaoeno

• jme

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

every night as i lay me down to sleep i pray the lord my soul to keep but if i die before i wake i pray the lord my soul to take... I said that every night but at the same time i place a 45 loaded and

You know what? I hope these worthless pieces of shit come after someone, like me, who CAN and WILL defend themselves against their cowardice asses.   I hope you read this, you feck. I will take tha

To survive, endure, and then suffer a stupid death? he deserved better.......

Davaoeno
Does anyone agree that deep,deep down they just dont like us (foreigners)

dont generalize so much and i will agree with you ! lol Yes, i think that for quite a few filipinos that is true. [ but its based on ignorance- ignorance of politics, ignorance of our culture, ignorance of economics etc] . They just dont have the education nor the developed skills necessary to make an informed and intelligent judgment about us .

At the same time, i think that quite a few filipinos dont like each other [ other than their own families ]

And a lot of the problem is due to jealousy

Edited by davaolife
  • Like 6
SkyMan
So you would either have to have someone from the house tell you when that was going to happen, or you would have to stake out the house until you saw it happen [ not a very likely event in my opinion ]
Or perhaps a brother or cousin (perhaps previously or maybe even currently employed at the house) counted heads and realized only one was missing and left for a bit.

Any chance they could check the pipe for fingerprints?

• Like 2
Davaoeno
Any chance they could check the pipe for fingerprints?

funny you should mention that because just the other day i was thinking that i dont think i have ever read about a police investigation here where fingerprints were taken. Maybe the dusting powder is " out of stock Sir "

AlooGobi

i could be wrong but i dont imagine they would even have a central data base of fingerprints to match any thing against or anything other than a magnifying glass to mach prints from a crime scene to a suspect

RetiredNavyGuy

While I will admit my initial impression is that it is an "inside" job, I am not ready to nail the asawa just yet. Perhaps she got tired of a husband unable to do things because of his missing leg...but perhaps someone in her family decided she could do better,and get more money, and decided to take matters into their own hands without the Filipina even knowing.

I do NOT think it was a robbery gone wrong...after all, the weapon used came from the pool. Indicates a probability that use was intended.

RIP, marine.

I dunno mate, I seem to be missing something here.

must be something missing in the text I can read.

Phil;

There had to be a witness for them to state all of those clear facts of the shoulder bag and laptop. That was my point that whoever gave the PNP that statement had to have a clear view of the killers. But again as typical of the journalism here a lot is left out.

smokey

Does anyone agree that deep,deep down they just dont like us (foreigners)

no because they like me i am gwapo ... it dont take a lot of people to like you only one your wife... over the years i have at times said to my wife ... honey what if this guy or that guy gets mad at me and kills me ... she said dear your good to me dont worry i will have my brother finish all of them so you can rest in peace.. and that alone makes me feel all warm inside.

liquido

The robber got a lucky break that the victim just happened to have 206,000p in the house..Yeah right.....

• Like 1

you mean like last week with the 70 year old guy who wife had to go to the store at midnight? /// a good test i guess of your GF or wife would be to say ... honey lets buy a gun for home protection and see what she says...

the problem with that smokey if its an inside job your not likely to have time to pick up your gun as you won,t be expecting it.

Phil;

There had to be a witness for them to state all of those clear facts of the shoulder bag and laptop. That was my point that whoever gave the PNP that statement had to have a clear view of the killers. But again as typical of the journalism here a lot is left out.

The girlfriend would know these things even if she was not there, even someone else in the family could have known if they had been hanging around with the gf in the last few days. A worker, maid etc could also know. Even a bank teller could be a suspect. The money amount could have also been verified by bank records, receipts etc although the strange thing is how would they know that he had exactly that amount as he might have spent some after the withdraw?

My instincts are telling me who is involved here and especially after hearing of similar stories recently.

My question is, why would he have 200k in cash laying around in the first place? Was he planning a trip or to make an asset purchase or something? Had he had an argument with the gf and was planning a trip to Boracay etc for a week? Why would the gf go out partying when she knows he is home alone on Christmas and vulnerable with all that cash laying around? There are a lot of questions and things to be analyzed even with these few bits of info.....

• Like 1

lets stop for a moment and work through the logic. For this scenario to occur 2 things have to happen.

1. everyone in the house-wife, helpers, kids , yayas etc have to leave the house

2.the foreigner has to remain home alone

So if you want to rob a guy in this situation [ assuming for a moment that the reason for the invasion was robbery and the guy put up a fight and got accidently killed ] you have to wait until everyone else leaves . Now how often here in the Philippines does that happen ? Not very darn often in my experience. So you would either have to have someone from the house tell you when that was going to happen, or you would have to stake out the house until you saw it happen [ not a very likely event in my opinion ]

The only other possibility is that you go out robbing foreigners houses until you finally find one where the family has left him alone . Again, not a very likely thing to happen imho.

What we are left with is the robber/murderer having inside information.

Then we are left with the question- was it a robbery gone wrong- or a murder covered up by a robbery ?

and if it was a robbery gone wrong how did they know he would be home alone ?

if i ever get arrested davo i,m sending for you m8 lol coz i just know you,ll get me outta jail .
  • Like 1

I know one thing my misus aint goin anywhere without me thats for sure lol

ArieBombarie

its it just me or is there a few TOO many of these foreigner killed in home while wife is away stories

every one is one too many but these stories have been going on for at least 30 years, where there is a relative high amount of women marrying men for their money there will be plenty who try to take the shortcut, often there is a boyfriend involved who wants to cash in fast and does the dirty work

this might still be a regular robbery of course where there was knowledge the family would be away for the day