Former US Marine murdered at home in Tagatay

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/242678/news/regions/us-war-veteran-killed-inside-tagaytay-home-on-christmas-eve

US war veteran killed inside Tagaytay home on Christmas Eve

December 25, 2011 3:05pm

Christmas Eve turned bloody for a retired United States Marine soldier after he was attacked and killed inside his home in Tagaytay City in Cavite province, a police official said Sunday.

James Thomas Kakara, 61, a war veteran whose left leg had been amputated, was alone in his house in Kaybagal South village when attacked, said Cavite police director Senior Superintendent John Bulalacao.

Kakara’s body was found around 9:30 a.m. Sunday with injuries apparently caused by a lead pipe that the suspects or suspect used, said Bulalacao, quoting initial investigation conducted by the police Scene of the Crime Operatives.

“He was alone at home at that time because his (Filipina) wife and the rest of the members of the family were out in Nasugbu (in Batangas) for an overnight party and the following day, the American national was found dead,” said Bulalacao.

“According to the SOCO, he was hit by lead pipe that was found on the swimming pool,” he added.

Bulacacao could not say how many suspects were involved, adding that no witness has come out yet.

“It’s currently being investigated by the chief of police of Tagaytay and there are no witnesses coming out,” the police official said. “Right now, as of this date, as of this time, our investigators are having difficulty in coming up with definitive angle or modus operandi.”

The suspect or suspects carted away a black shoulder bag containing at least P206,000, a cellular phone and a laptop computer.

Bulalacao said the victim has been residing in Tagaytay City “for a long time already.” — KBK, GMA News

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Stranded Shipscook

• Davaoeno

• jme

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

every night as i lay me down to sleep i pray the lord my soul to keep but if i die before i wake i pray the lord my soul to take... I said that every night but at the same time i place a 45 loaded and

You know what? I hope these worthless pieces of shit come after someone, like me, who CAN and WILL defend themselves against their cowardice asses.   I hope you read this, you feck. I will take tha

To survive, endure, and then suffer a stupid death? he deserved better.......

The suspect or suspects carted away a black shoulder bag containing at least P206,000, a cellular phone and a laptop computer.

With this type of an eyewitness, my question is why are they not already arrested?

• Like 1

Eh Paul, they sure can't speak English let alone read this forum.

I actually don't like the whole story, what the feck is that the handicapped man is left ALONE in the house on Xmas eve while the wife having fun in party, ha? The bitch.

I am sure the murderers will be found pretty soon. Enough to look around in the "family".

JamesMusslewhite

To survive, endure, and then suffer a stupid death? he deserved better.......

• Like 8
USMC-Retired

Semper Fi Brother. Watch down and protect us from above.

May you Rest in Peace.

• Like 2

Sorry situation, rest in peace. I hope justice is swift and violent.

Makes one wonder about a few things these days. Rather odd, seems to be a lot of murders of foreigners while their wife or g/f is out for the night. Glad I have a dog and a Samurai sword by the bedside.

• Like 1

Clearly an inside job. The robbers just happen to have a big enough shoulder bag for that money. Also I agree with Digiteye that the wife might be involved. i say might because she was on a trip whereas the other stories we have read the wife leaves for a few hours. But again it was an inside job and if it was a family member then a talk I had with my brother in law today scares me. Now yes he was drunk but still he was telling me how mad he is at the fact that because the States has all the good jobs is the reason there are no jobs here. I tried to tell him he was wrong but i stopped myself because I could see were our talk was going. Anyway, with the locals fed that junk about foreigners in general as a money pot, could cause a greedy in law to do something like this sadly.

• Like 2

Clearly an inside job. The robbers just happen to have a big enough shoulder bag for that money. Also I agree with Digiteye that the wife might be involved. i say might because she was on a trip whereas the other stories we have read the wife leaves for a few hours. But again it was an inside job and if it was a family member then a talk I had with my brother in law today scares me. Now yes he was drunk but still he was telling me how mad he is at the fact that because the States has all the good jobs is the reason there are no jobs here. I tried to tell him he was wrong but i stopped myself because I could see were our talk was going. Anyway, with the locals fed that junk about foreigners in general as a money pot, could cause a greedy in law to do something like this sadly.

I was on a news site, one of the posts angrily posted that the US with all it's money only sent 900,000 for the victims of the flood in the Iligan-Cdo area when Korea went over 700,000. 'Also, implied that the jobs in the US and the "colonizing" of the Philippines with Americans is disgraceful and is causing much of the problems there.

smokey

http://www.gmanetwor...n-christmas-eve

US war veteran killed inside Tagaytay home on Christmas Eve

December 25, 2011 3:05pm

Christmas Eve turned bloody for a retired United States Marine soldier after he was attacked and killed inside his home in Tagaytay City in Cavite province, a police official said Sunday.

James Thomas Kakara, 61, a war veteran whose left leg had been amputated, was alone in his house in Kaybagal South village when attacked, said Cavite police director Senior Superintendent John Bulalacao.

Kakara’s body was found around 9:30 a.m. Sunday with injuries apparently caused by a lead pipe that the suspects or suspect used, said Bulalacao, quoting initial investigation conducted by the police Scene of the Crime Operatives.

“He was alone at home at that time because his (Filipina) wife and the rest of the members of the family were out in Nasugbu (in Batangas) for an overnight party and the following day, the American national was found dead,” said Bulalacao.

“According to the SOCO, he was hit by lead pipe that was found on the swimming pool,” he added.

Bulacacao could not say how many suspects were involved, adding that no witness has come out yet.

“It’s currently being investigated by the chief of police of Tagaytay and there are no witnesses coming out,” the police official said. “Right now, as of this date, as of this time, our investigators are having difficulty in coming up with definitive angle or modus operandi.”

Bulalacao said the victim has been residing in Tagaytay City “for a long time already.” — KBK, GMA News

its it just me or is there a few TOO many of these foreigner killed in home while wife is away stories

• Like 5
smokey

Eh Paul, they sure can't speak English let alone read this forum.

I actually don't like the whole story, what the feck is that the handicapped man is left ALONE in the house on Xmas eve while the wife having fun in party, ha? The bitch.

I am sure the murderers will be found pretty soon. Enough to look around in the "family".

you mean like last week with the 70 year old guy who wife had to go to the store at midnight? /// a good test i guess of your GF or wife would be to say ... honey lets buy a gun for home protection and see what she says...

Edited by smokey
  • Like 2
Wombat No More

With this type of an eyewitness, my question is why are they not already arrested?

Clearly an inside job. The robbers just happen to have a big enough shoulder bag for that money.

I dunno mate, I seem to be missing something here. There must be something missing in the text I can read.

What eyewitness, the chief said there were no witnesses and there seems to be nothing to go on... p206,000 takes up little space and it's obvious from the report that the bag containing the money is missing, how else would they know it's black and it's a shoulder bag. I don't find it unusual that the wife went on a party on xmas eve. It's the season for it and certainly the night. Could be the guy is a severe PTSD case and couldn't handle going out so the missus sees family on the xmas eve and spends the xmas day with hubby... I mean who knows... Could have been anyone at all and many people probably knew the wife was going off that night if it was a planned thing.

But some total scum bashed to death this vet and has seen his xmas's come all at once with over $5,000 gift in his slimy and bloody hands. I'm with Smokey and the gun ready to rock and roll as there seems lately, to be a misproportionate number of expats getting it in this place. Seems to be more dangerous to be at home than anywhere else outside of... Like cheese attracting the rats, trouble is too, that some of the rats could very well be living inside already.

Edited by WombatPhil
  • Like 2
batman2525

Does anyone agree that deep,deep down they just dont like us (foreigners)

• Like 6