roughly what will be my electricity bill ?

jtmwatchbiz

I could have wore the Rolex and posed with a big smile :ROFLMAO:

-

better you post pics of watches and genne...much more photogenic than some muscle man :ROFLMAO:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMatrix

• whiskers

• Paul

• ckfm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact that someone who trades Forex which requires three servers and is worried about a few bucks for the electric bill.

I'd say budget 5k per month for your electric bill.

Oh, please show us the way, oh enlightened one.   Get it? Enlightened one? Power? Light? Get it?   Okay, fine. Maybe it wasn't that funny.

senseless

What the heck!! Is everyone else paying these rates?

I pay almost as much in electric as rent. My rent is like 15k and electric is now hitting about 12k. My usage is pretty much constant no matter where I live, it averages out to about 3-4kw/h. The electric costs when i first moved here were literally half what I pay now for the same amount of electricity.

Also, computers do not use as much electricity as a ref. Your average computer these days is extremely efficient. My computer here uses about 200watts. My 32" led monitor uses about 80 watts. A fridge is only on for a short time but the compressor is going to be a minimum of like 500w-1kw/h. At least twice what a computer would use.

Mosts of my costs come from me airconing the whole planet with these shitty fecking filipino single pane bullshit excuse for windows. If I had 800$ windows my electric costs would probably be 3-4k a month. So if I paid like 5000$ in windows the return time would be like 3.2 years. Toss in some real insulation and the electric costs would probably drop further. Aircon has to run non-stop, poor little compressor, because it can't create a stable room temp. It's either hot or cold, there's no middle setting since the cold air all goes outside.

Edited by senseless
TheMatrix

The electric costs when i first moved here were literally half what I pay now for the same amount of electricity.

I've noticed the same. How long have you lived here? I think I use half as much electricity, because I've been cutting back over the past couple years, but my bill is still the same.

In Las Vegas, we also have high electric bills... especially in the six very hot months of the year when both central A/C's are running 24/7. I remember $700/mth bills during those months which I don't miss at all. I hate to see what it is now knowing that electricity rates have nearly doubled here since. I assume they've gone up there too?

senseless

In Las Vegas, we also have high electric bills... especially in the six very hot months of the year when both central A/C's are running 24/7. I remember $700/mth bills during those months which I don't miss at all. I hate to see what it is now knowing that electricity rates have nearly doubled here since. I assume they've gone up there too?

I've been here for 6 years

The rates where I'm from in kentucky have only gone up 0.01$/kwh from 0.06 to 0.07 since I left. I remember paying like 75$/month for 5+ computers, central aircon/heat, electric oven, lights, tv, etc.

Edited by senseless
TheMatrix

I've been here for 6 years

The rates where I'm from in kentucky have only gone up 0.01$/kwh from 0.06 to 0.07 since I left. I remember paying like 75$/month for 5+ computers, central aircon/heat, electric oven, lights, tv, etc.

Ahhh... Kentucky! Good people! I remember building out the catv communications infrastructure years ago in a tiny city, Central City. Often invited by strangers to have dinner with them. Also remember the cool-ass Corvette factory in Bowling Green. Friggin awesome!

jtmwatchbiz

our veco bill is running around 6k to 7k per month, and we live in a very large split level contemporary home. aircon runs about 1/2 the day and 1 ref, but alot of lites and fans too.

i used to complain about ours but the veco bill at my in laws massive home in guadalupe heights village runs on average of 35k per month...now THATS a high bill B)

I know I should have posted this hours ago( but wasn't free on the computer) but everyone who has been saying forex trading has been miserable of late is so right.I have been trying to say to myself the thin trading is down to the holidays but to be honest it's been difficult for years.I'm having a bit of success at the higher time frames ie daily/weekly but when you are addicted to day trading( like i am) it's not a great thing to observe.

TheMatrix

I know I should have posted this hours ago( but wasn't free on the computer) but everyone who has been saying forex trading has been miserable of late is so right.I have been trying to say to myself the thin trading is down to the holidays but to be honest it's been difficult for years.I'm having a bit of success at the higher time frames ie daily/weekly but when you are addicted to day trading( like i am) it's not a great thing to observe.

Honestly, its' the case in reverse. The higher time frame traders, ie, institutional traders, fund manager, investors, me are the ones getting killed. I've been short eur/usd since the mid-Dec without seeing any movement, while the scalpers are cleaning up buying bottoms and selling tops of bollinger bands. I just opened a long aud/usd to hedge it though. Watch for markets to move tomorrow big at pending home sales report. Really, the only people making money right now are the scalpers. Look at ForexFactory's new section that tracks members trades and you can see that the short term traders going for 5-15 pips are the top traders... by a long shot. Position traders rank near the bottom of the lists. I'm having most success with the e-minis and crude oil futures currently.

I'm sure your right statistically Steve.Its just I'm a recentish convert to higher timeframes,I'm always "bigging em up"/praising them,recommending them to others.It's just that I find em less stressful and"busy" than lower timeframes-they fit my nature better( well,my "ideal" nature) and I find the signals generated to be more reliable.

Unfortunately,won't be watching the market fully tomorrow/pending home sales etc because only just got a condo here and the "slackers" at PLDT have yet to install my internet.How long should it take to happen? it being the holidays-they being half useless etc?

(I apologise if I've taken this thread away from it's orginal topic)