roughly what will be my electricity bill ?

Davaoeno

No easy money in Forex trading! It's been a losing proposition for most of the last six months with the exception of two "okay" months: June and November. Not many people work for months at a time without pay, but this job sure dishes it out and turns you into a slave.

Yes- it sounds so easy doesnt it !! lol You just push a couple of keys on your computer and buy a few stocks and then hit a few more keys later in the day and sell them for a huge profit ! Man - what a killer deal !! Except of course for the day when you hit the buttons in the pm and lose everything you made in the last 3 months. !! i have had days when I made more than 400,000 usd .. I have also had days when i have lost 200 K ! And several days like that in a row !

You like high stakes poker? then day trading is for you !

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMatrix

• whiskers

• Paul

• ckfm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact that someone who trades Forex which requires three servers and is worried about a few bucks for the electric bill.

I'd say budget 5k per month for your electric bill.

Oh, please show us the way, oh enlightened one.   Get it? Enlightened one? Power? Light? Get it?   Okay, fine. Maybe it wasn't that funny.

TheMatrix

Man, you can say that again. Nice setup by the way.

If you figure each monitor is 60W plus each computer is several hundred watts, the server maybe double that, you're running at least a couple thousand watts?

Thanks! Yeah, something like that. Maybe closer to 5000 watts. I remember a couple years back when I bought the Voltage Regulator. I wanted all the computers in the house, plus the network, servers, VOIP system to be ran though the regulator. I ended up needing a 5000w model like the one below. Looks like December is going to be another losing month though. Hanging at breakeven, up and down all month.

svc-fully-automatic-voltage-regulator-921.jpg

TheMatrix

Yes- it sounds so easy doesnt it !! lol You just push a couple of keys on your computer and buy a few stocks and then hit a few more keys later in the day and sell them for a huge profit ! Man - what a killer deal !! Except of course for the day when you hit the buttons in the pm and lose everything you made in the last 3 months. !! i have had days when I made more than 400,000 usd .. I have also had days when i have lost 200 K ! And several days like that in a row !

You like high stakes poker? then day trading is for you !

Hey, I resemble those remarks! :scratch_head: :ROFLMAO:

Julian C Thong

Man, I am not sure, but I have always wondered. I live in a high-rise condo and I would not be surprised if the wires are crossed somewhere, but it is difficult for me to prove. Well, I guess I could shut down everything and check the meter to see if it is still turning? Logical?

Your in a condo - no wonder. You will find the developer did a deal with Veco to lump the instalation cost on to the tenants/long leases. I run a house, aircon at night, big ref, TV all day and 3 pc's etc for half your bill.

Turn off the monitors when not in use. I too have my computers running all the time but shut off the monitors when not in use, big difference.

TheMatrix

Turn off the monitors when not in use. I too have my computers running all the time but shut off the monitors when not in use, big difference.

Of course, this should be automatic. Mine turn off 5 minutes after no activity. The thing is there's activity 18+ hours per day.

Of course, this should be automatic. Mine turn off 5 minutes after no activity. The thing is there's activity 18+ hours per day.

Autotrading I guess. I am not trading forex but some guy wrote that the volatility is getting less and less. Even with the recent news about the Euro, there was not much to trade - my best guess is that this is the first step to a one currency world and not a flat market but manipulation.

TheMatrix

Autotrading I guess. I am not trading forex but some guy wrote that the volatility is getting less and less. Even with the recent news about the Euro, there was not much to trade - my best guess is that this is the first step to a one currency world and not a flat market but manipulation.

Forex trading has been horrendous. Very flat right now. I'm short the eur/usd and its still the same price since Dec 13th. I haven't seen forex markets this dry for years. I traded crude oil yesterday and did well. I may start trading he S&P e-minis again if Forex doesn't pick up here soon. Painful.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i just got a solar powered wireless keyboard (logitech) for Christmas, when fully charged it can last 3 months in pitch black . it's gotten me interested in the future of other solar powered computer bits and pieces, they've worked with out much success it seems in the last few years on solar powered wireless mice, if they ever put out a good one i'll get it, google solar powered monitors seems they are working on them too.

makes me wonder how hard it would be to power an entire computer with solar power.

surely it will become more and more viable and in most work spaces there is more than enough lights to power things

Forex trading has been horrendous. Very flat right now. I'm short the eur/usd and its still the same price since Dec 13th. I haven't seen forex markets this dry for years. I traded crude oil yesterday and did well. I may start trading he S&P e-minis again if Forex doesn't pick up here soon. Painful.

I think trading the e-mini overnight (i.e. Asia trading) is a good idea. Looks to me as if the market is run down or up on low volume now more than ever.

TheMatrix

i just got a solar powered wireless keyboard (logitech) for Christmas, when fully charged it can last 3 months in pitch black . it's gotten me interested in the future of other solar powered computer bits and pieces, they've worked with out much success it seems in the last few years on solar powered wireless mice, if they ever put out a good one i'll get it, google solar powered monitors seems they are working on them too.

makes me wonder how hard it would be to power an entire computer with solar power.

surely it will become more and more viable and in most work spaces there is more than enough lights to power things

That would be interesting. I can understand a solar powered keyboard. My wireless uses 1-single AA battery which lasts 4-6 months. I want to get a back-lit keyboard which will probably use more power, but a solar power computer may be eons away. A computer uses as much electricity as a refrigerator. I once was going to panel my roof top home in Las Vegas at a cost of about $20k plus labor. Even with 3500 sq feet of panels, it would only cover about 1/2 the house electricity needs. I think for a single desktop computer, you'll need at least 10x10 sq feet of solar panels. About the size of a king size bed... and that's if its sunny all the time!

• Admin (Retired)
broden

That would be interesting. I can understand a solar powered keyboard. My wireless uses 1-single AA battery which lasts 4-6 months. I want to get a back-lit keyboard which will probably use more power, but a solar power computer may be eons away. A computer uses as much electricity as a refrigerator. I once was going to panel my roof top home in Las Vegas at a cost of about $20k plus labor. Even with 3500 sq feet of panels, it would only cover about 1/2 the house electricity needs. I think for a single desktop computer, you'll need at least 10x10 sq feet of solar panels. About the size of a king size bed... and that's if its sunny all the time!

kind of along the lines i'm thinking. people often think of solar power for an entire house i'm just thinking about selected bits a pieces. like the monitors they are working on now say a whole pc may be a long way away but it would be a plus if just your monitors were all solar. i don't want a solar mouse or the keyboard for that matter to save on bills i want them for convenience, changing batteries is a pain. i'll take an bits i can that are solar just to cut down on batteries and wires

jtmwatchbiz

It may have something to do with the 13 monitors I have running continuously...

monitors.jpg

as if you didn't know...but cool reason to show off nonetheless :ROFLMAO:

TheMatrix

as if you didn't know...but cool reason to show off nonetheless :ROFLMAO:

I could have wore the Rolex and posed with a big smile :ROFLMAO:

-

Edited by TheMatrix
Justin Kredible
My only guess is the few computers and maybe the hour of television I watch each day.

"The few computers?"

Look on the bright side. If the mainframe at NASA ever goes down, you could always sub-contract your array out for the next scheduled lunar landing.

:ROFLMAO:

• Like 1