roughly what will be my electricity bill ?

HeyMike

Man, I am not sure, but I have always wondered. I live in a high-rise condo and I would not be surprised if the wires are crossed somewhere, but it is difficult for me to prove. Well, I guess I could shut down everything and check the meter to see if it is still turning? Logical?

My neighbor did that and suggested I do it too (eventually, I will). He has a new digital electric meter, and yep, it was faulty. I have the old kind (spinning wheels, etc.) but will have a look at it with all the electricity turned off.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMatrix

• whiskers

• Paul

• ckfm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact that someone who trades Forex which requires three servers and is worried about a few bucks for the electric bill.

I'd say budget 5k per month for your electric bill.

Oh, please show us the way, oh enlightened one.   Get it? Enlightened one? Power? Light? Get it?   Okay, fine. Maybe it wasn't that funny.

The VECO bill shown by TheMatrix comes to PHP10.22 / kwh

Man, I am not sure, but I have always wondered. I live in a high-rise condo and I would not be surprised if the wires are crossed somewhere, but it is difficult for me to prove. Well, I guess I could shut down everything and check the meter to see if it is still turning? Logical?

Well it shows you USED almost twice what I do & I have aircon, fans, TV on all day as a monitor for my PC, fridge/freezer etc etc.

manila this is going to cost you up to 15thou a month , I know as its what i pay for less appliances etc

We lived in a sub division south of Manila for 5 years & our Meralco bill was P2500 in the cooler months rising to P5000 in the hottest.

we do live in a sub division in south metro and this is what is costs us and its with a meter now checked 3 times etc and no there are illegal splicings

I speak to a guy who has a condo in makati he has two split air cons not running at the same time his bills are nearer 20thou a month.

TheMatrix

The VECO bill shown by TheMatrix comes to PHP10.22 / kwh

Unless our meter is faulty, I can only assume the excessive electric bill is the result of the computer network. I have a server running 24/7 and 3-4 additional terminals running up to 10 hours per day. Besides that, nothing else. I use to run aircon at night in my bedroom and my bill was 10k then. I stopped that and bought a fan, but my bill is still 8k. I think its the computers that are killing me.

Edited by TheMatrix

I've been here ten months. I live in the province. I run my laptop computer 24/7. 2 hours air con in the afternoon for my daily nap. Always hot water for my morning shower. My electric bill averages 1500 pesos. lowest 1200 highest 1800. It might get higher cause my wife just bought an industrial sewing machine. We'll see.

TheMatrix

Well it shows you USED almost twice what I do & I have aircon, fans, TV on all day as a monitor for my PC, fridge/freezer etc etc.

It may have something to do with the 13 monitors I have running continuously...

monitors.jpg

• Like 1
ArieBombarie

I just received my bill today and electricity here in the Philippines is crazy expensive! My bill November bill below. I never run aircon, I have gas cooking, I have fluorescent bulbs, we take cold showers, we are diligent in turning off lights not in use, etc etc... but my bill is still $200? Why? My only guess is the few computers and maybe the hour of television I watch each day. Look at the below bill. What the heck!! Is everyone else paying these rates?

veco2.gif

without using aircon that seems insane unless you have 10 fans blowing non stop to make up for it

smokey

without using aircon that seems insane unless you have 10 fans blowing non stop to make up for it

he lives on a tall floor of the building ... breeze is free... electric is what it is when you get the bill you pay or you get no more electric...

Oh, please show us the way, oh enlightened one. Get it? Enlightened one? Power? Light? Get it? Okay, fine. Maybe it wasn't that funny.

The fact that someone who trades Forex which requires three servers and is worried about a few bucks for the electric bill.

• Like 2
TheMatrix

No easy money in Forex trading! It's been a losing proposition for most of the last six months with the exception of two "okay" months: June and November. Not many people work for months at a time without pay, but this job sure dishes it out and turns you into a slave.

Fish Sandwich

No easy money in Forex trading! It's been a losing proposition for most of the last six months with the exception of two "okay" months: June and November. Not many people work for months at a time without pay, but this job sure dishes it out and turns you into a slave.

Man, you can say that again. Nice setup by the way.

If you figure each monitor is 60W plus each computer is several hundred watts, the server maybe double that, you're running at least a couple thousand watts?