roughly what will be my electricity bill ?

(Firstly I apologize if this ain't quite the correct section but...)

If I have only a 1 bedroom condo ie a small place from which I intend to trade Forex,with 2/3 laptops on for 5 days straight + minimal AC,fridge,lights -roughly what do you reckon my electricity costs will be each month?

Also,is electricity so expensive in this country?i should close down my computers at night?( I have done similar Forex trading in UK and never bothered shutting down computers at night because electric costs weren't big /worth worrying about and tbh I am a bit of a lazy so and so.)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMatrix

• whiskers

• Paul

• ckfm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact that someone who trades Forex which requires three servers and is worried about a few bucks for the electric bill.

I'd say budget 5k per month for your electric bill.

Oh, please show us the way, oh enlightened one.   Get it? Enlightened one? Power? Light? Get it?   Okay, fine. Maybe it wasn't that funny.

(Firstly I apologize if this ain't quite the correct section but...)

Got it sorted for you.

-------------

Now, I have two computers that run almost 24/7. I have three fairly large monitors attached to those two computers. I run the air-con 100% of the time when I am home. I run at least two stand fans as well, along with lighting, ref, etc. This is also considered a one-bedroom apartment. My electricity is never over Php 4,000 / month. But, I am also on CEBECO, rather than VECO, which offers a bit cheaper electric rates.

jusjoseph

Budget 4-5K and you can keep your beer cold and have A/C when you want. It will be less, but it's like a box of chocolates.

HeyMike

I live in the province, and gotta agree with the other posts, 4-5000 a month. (Cebeco electric).

manila this is going to cost you up to 15thou a month , I know as its what i pay for less appliances etc

Nobody commented on the obvious! interesting.

TheMatrix

I just received my bill today and electricity here in the Philippines is crazy expensive! My bill November bill below. I never run aircon, I have gas cooking, I have fluorescent bulbs, we take cold showers, we are diligent in turning off lights not in use, etc etc... but my bill is still $200? Why? My only guess is the few computers and maybe the hour of television I watch each day. Look at the below bill. What the heck!! Is everyone else paying these rates?

veco2.gif

Nobody commented on the obvious! interesting.

Oh, please show us the way, oh enlightened one.

Get it? Enlightened one? Power? Light? Get it?

Okay, fine. Maybe it wasn't that funny.

• Like 1
Mattfromnz

Are you guys sure your neighbors are not running a line from your electricity? I know I have been away for a year, but has electricity really doubled in the past year? I used to run two air cons, ref, two laptops, TV etc and never pay more than 2500 a month and in Cebu and in Manila, in a one bed condo using the same, never more than 2700 a month.

TheMatrix

Are you guys sure your neighbors are not running a line from your electricity? I know I have been away for a year, but has electricity really doubled in the past year? I used to run two air cons, ref, two laptops, TV etc and never pay more than 2500 a month and in Cebu and in Manila, in a one bed condo using the same, never more than 2700 a month.

Man, I am not sure, but I have always wondered. I live in a high-rise condo and I would not be surprised if the wires are crossed somewhere, but it is difficult for me to prove. Well, I guess I could shut down everything and check the meter to see if it is still turning? Logical?

I can't say for VECO. But, for CEBECO, I used to pay Php 6 / kwh. I now pay Php 10 / kwh.

Mattfromnz

Man, I am not sure, but I have always wondered. I live in a high-rise condo and I would not be surprised if the wires are crossed somewhere, but it is difficult for me to prove. Well, I guess I could shut down everything and check the meter to see if it is still turning? Logical?

Im told it happens all the time. Be interesting to see how much ticks by with nothing running. Let us know!