Do you feel safe when traveling on Philippine airline carriers?

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel safe when traveling on Philippine airline carriers?

• Yes, perfectly safe.
    • Yes, but I do wonder about the strange noises coming from the aircraft sometimes.
    • Yes, but I always seem to be thinking about aircraft maintenance.
    • No, I need Xanax to get my heart out of my throat.
    • No, I kiss the ground when I get off the plane.
    • No, I refuse to fly on them and would rather take my chances on a ferry.

afmayer

Noting the general Filipino disdain for scheduled maintenance, do you feel safe when traveling on local airline carriers?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• afmayer

• miles-high

• Davaoeno

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so would you feel perfectly safe if you found an airline that flew at normal speed say 9 feet off the ground?

i feel safer on the planes than on the roads taking me to the airport.   that doesn't necessarily mean my answer is "yes".

I feel much better if I take a boat anywhere, rather than a plane. In most cases, it ends up costing more to go by boat, because I travel first class when I do. But, the travel is usually over night a

Davaoeno

Do I feel safe ? yes. Do i feel perfectly safe? No - i never feel perfectly safe when I am more than 10 feet off the ground. i didnt vote since no category applied.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Do I feel safe ? yes. Do i feel perfectly safe? No - i never feel perfectly safe when I am more than 10 feet off the ground. i didnt vote since no category applied.

so would you feel perfectly safe if you found an airline that flew at normal speed say 9 feet off the ground?

• Like 4

Yes the categories all sound paranoid.

Some of the "best" airlines in the world still have crashes. Most of the planes in the Phils are fairly new. If it's my time to go, so be it!!

The PAL flight I was on, the brakes made a horrendous squealing noise like it needed new pads! The last Cebu Pacific flight I was on, the jet engine was making a horrible chattering noise.

I felt safe after we landed.

miles-high
The PAL flight I was on, the brakes made a horrendous squealing noise like it needed new pads! The last Cebu Pacific flight I was on, the jet engine was making a horrible chattering noise.

I think it is airplanes not airlines…

I hear comments re “noise” all the time from the Airbus flight crew and passengers alike… It seems either Airbus engineers don’t care or they don’t have expert acoustic engineers at their finishing (interior) facility…

Just compare Boeings and Airbuses noise and you will “hear” the difference…

Hmmmm, if you come to think of it, all those “noisy” rock groups come from England… :ROFLMAO:

The only good and safe thing about cebu pacific is the T-shirt I won during there game time.The duct tape on the wing and the cabin filled with fog leaves little room for comfort.Now Zest davao-manila has been excellent.

afmayer
Yes the categories all sound paranoid.

Paranoid? More likely it's trepidation based on personal experiences with Cebu-Pacific/PAL and the EU banning of Cebu-Pacific/PAL because of serious safety deficiencies.

"MANILA, Philippines - The government’s lax enforcement of aviation safety rules has prompted the European Commission (EC) to ban Philippine carriers from flying to the 27 member states of the European Union (EU)."

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=563113&publicationSubCategoryId=63

i feel safer on the planes than on the roads taking me to the airport.

that doesn't necessarily mean my answer is "yes".

• Like 3
Stranded Shipscook

I got no problems so far, if i have a reason to believe, that this changes, i don't fly anymore with an airline.

I feel much better if I take a boat anywhere, rather than a plane. In most cases, it ends up costing more to go by boat, because I travel first class when I do. But, the travel is usually over night and I feel very rested and ready to start the day, upon arriving at the port nearest my destination.

• Like 2
Davaoeno

I have until now always felt safe, but of course after viewing the recent video i will forever from now on be listening for the barking dogs !!

I never feel 100% safe on any airline even less so on a Philippine one since the country is poverty ridden and you never know what has been put off in their maintenance schedule to save a few bucks. We also know Philippine workers make very little money and work long hours usually on no food or maybe a little rice. Besides all that I don't think much about it when i travel, I just get on the plane and if my time is up then it's up to God. I would actually worry a little if I would have to fly on a Chinese airline as I know they make a lot of crap products that break so i guess their airplanes are not much better! I guess the Philippine airlines are also Chinese built and owned too.