HEARTBREAKING

Jeepney

HEARTBREAKING.....4 year old Jamaica from Bohol. It does not show from this picture, but 4 year old Jamaica , laughs and plays with her friends, and appears fully normal, but naturally she is shy from foriegner and camera. Does she has to live like this?????

I met Jamaica during my project to register cleftlip children and help them to go to clinics like RESTORE HOPE, SMILE and RAINBOW.

But I think I will bring Jamaica to Cebu soon, get her thoroughly examined, and see if she can be helped step by step in the Cebu clinics.

Follow this and more on:

www.facebook.com/bungibase

post-4984-0-57818400-1323476839_thumb.jpg

post-4984-0-53434700-1323476854_thumb.jpg

post-4984-0-95436300-1323476878_thumb.jpg

post-4984-0-35415100-1323476900_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeepney

• Stranded Shipscook

• Ozepete

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HEARTBREAKING.....4 year old Jamaica from Bohol. It does not show from this picture, but 4 year old Jamaica , laughs and plays with her friends, and appears fully normal, but naturally she is shy from

Jamaica has left the hospital, she will stay in Cebu till Monday for a check up.

Jamaica goes back to Bohol today, and I will go there also maybe later tonight, or early tomorrow. From then on I will update on Jamaica weekly, and let you know what, and when, will be the next st

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden

you're doing good work

she'll be in our prayers

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz

good for you and please keep us posted as to when she will arrive, and hopefully all of us can help chip in and sponsor this child's upcoming treatments. this direct type of helping for us is very rewarding as we can see where our money is going and who it is helping. i hope others here will also join in and cough up some dough to help this kid.

• Like 1
Ozepete

Piet, this is heart breaking.

Please let us members know how we can help, send some funds for expenses etc.

Let's hope that this little girl can be helped.

Piet

some times those poor children are in need of surgery overseas arranged through the auspices of Rotary, I know in Melbourne there is a charity which just focuses on that and the support for parents. They recently had a big success with conjoined twins from Pakistan who were operated on to seperate them.

Good on you for the work your doing

Ricbak

Jeepney

Thanks for your responses, which is heart warming!

I will talk to Paul regarding a forum group fund.

Ricbak, I am in contact with Rotary and Kiwanies, and have informed them both about this case.

But I will first bring her into Cebu to see what can be done, and how, and when.

I am sure this will be beneficial for possible help from abroad, or even send her abroad,

if they have a full report on Jamaica!

Piet.

Edited by Dutchpiet
  • Like 1
Jeepney

And also to clear this up,

she was shy, and half asleep, when she was brought in.

While driving away in a hurry to make my boat connection, I seen her playing with the other kids,

so her eye sight functions (for certain in the one eye)!

• Like 1
Jeepney

Just to let you know,

I have a number of people from the medical world, and organizations, looking into this matter,

to see what can be done, and where to start.

I aim to visit her in the next few days, and keep you updated!

Thx, Piet.

Edited by Dutchpiet
  • Like 1

yes I think the only treatment for this poor girl will be overseas and will gladly donate as will many forum members here .keep in touch with progress of this girl

• Like 1
Jeepney

Today I revisited Jamaica to take some more pictures and a video, to enable surgeons a better look into her condition. As you can see she is a fully normal person, and responds and acts as any child that age would! I am working 24 hours to get her the needed help, and am delighted to tell you that a surgeon

( THANK YOU GUENTHER!!!!) in Cebu has positively responded to my help calls. He is waiting for collaboration with a plastic surgeon to set a date to see Jamaica. Let's pray this will come through...... Thx, Piet.

I will keep you informed as things develop,

I also thank all for the many positive reactions, here and on facebook, and will answer any questions asap.

Sorry having some problems with uploading video, just trying to upload it to facebook now, hmpff, halfway, power burnout here in Talibon, connection lost...!!! .trying to upload again for 4th time...hehe

and will try here later.

Edited by Dutchpiet
  • Like 1
USMC-Retired

Wow I can not even look at that for long. How sad is that there are not more foundations to help children in need.

I look at my two perfect children, one who is a similar age to this little girl, and was truly heartbroken. The poor little thing. You are a very decent and caring person, Dutchpiet. I hope Paul can arrange for a Paypal donate to be put on this site.

Andrew

• Like 1
Stranded Shipscook

Today I revisited Jamaica to take some more pictures and a video, to enable surgeons a better look into her condition. As you can see she is a fully normal person, and responds and acts as any child that age would! I am working 24 hours to get her the needed help, and am delighted to tell you that a surgeon

( THANK YOU GUENTHER!!!!) in Cebu has positively responded to my help calls. He is waiting for collaboration with a plastic surgeon to set a date to see Jamaica. Let's pray this will come through...... Thx, Piet.

I will keep you informed as things develop,

I also thank all for the many positive reactions, here and on facebook, and will answer any questions asap.

Sorry having some problems with uploading video, just trying to upload it to facebook now, hmpff, halfway, power burnout here in Talibon, connection lost...!!! .trying to upload again for 4th time...hehe

and will try here later.

No need to thank me, i am just the middleman. But i think we can arrange more for future patients. After all, that's what we all want to do. Helping. I'll talk with the PCGA also, maybe we can do something more in this matter.

• Like 2
Jess Bartone

Are her deformities genetic or from a dog attack or some other accident? I would willingly donate something to help such a kid smile confidently again.