• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stranded Shipscook

• Markham

• UZI

• Alan S

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Behind all this, there is STILL the "banking crisis".   The European banks (excluding the UK ones) need to raise collateral of between 3.5 and 5 TRILLION (Euros) just to stay solvent, and that is a

As a Brit I am watching what has happened over the last days with concern, and reading the comments here with some amusement. Someone likened the British attitude to a potential passenger of the Titan

You mean give up sovereignty to a country with 50 different sets of laws, with 2 main parties that are usually diametrically opposed on most issues and is in huge debt without a clear strategy for pay

Posted Images

tom_shor

It will be interesting to see what happens next. If it pisses off the French I am already optomistic. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

The sooner we get out of this damn-fool club, the better.

IN fact, I see that UK exports have risen recently, almost all to non-EU countries.

Well the Pound strengthened a little so that's always welcome. Soon the UK will only one of a very few countries that is AAA rated. Get out of Europe & we can kick out 1,000's who come for all the jobs & freebies.

Well the Pound strengthened a little so that's always welcome. Soon the UK will only one of a very few countries that is AAA rated. Get out of Europe & we can kick out 1,000's who come for all the jobs & freebies.

Its a bit of controversial what you are saying. If the UK is doing so well (indicated by the triple A) then why would it need to kick out those 1000's?

Plus who would work as nurse in Almostnotonthemapshire or who would do the jobs the Brits don't want to take?

We were just watching the news on Sky TV here in Hong Kong (bit chilly this morning at 11 degrees - more like European weather).

So my wife said to me, "What do you think honey - did they (the Brits) do the right thing?"

"Well", I said, "the way I see it is that I'm over here, they're over there, I ain't going over there and they ain't coming over here. Who knows..?"

Anyway, I really think the great European project is doomed. People will rise up against their political leaders all over Europe when they realize the price they've paid in surrendering national powers to Brussels.

As for the future drivers of the world economy, look no further than a resurgent USA and a generally thriving Asia.

• Like 1

"Get out of Europe & we can kick out 1,000's who come for all the jobs & freebies"

More Brits work in Europe than Europeans work in UK

Typical POMs

They're not part of the 17 countries that make up the EU but want to dictate how it should run!

Stranded Shipscook

It reminds me of the first English Lesson i had. Our English Teacher ( A British subject as he referred to himself) explained a bit of the odd mentality of the UK on examples such as headlines which he brought along from Newspapers, reading :

"The Continent is isolated again " a headline article referring to dense Fog in the English channel.

While this is quite charming and a bit of funny the current attitude is rather worrying.

More and excellent read here, The reaction of the other politicians (one has to always look at two sides, i think) :

http://www.spiegel.d...,802823,00.html

As it appears lately the EU is rather pissed of now and considering to really "let them go". (To be polite)

Edited by G....
As it appears lately the EU is rather pissed of now and considering to really "let them go". (To be polite)

Oh, you mean as in "go forth and multiply"?

We will see which is the cat and which is the cat's tail later. Good thing the EU still considers letting someone go... so far they can do that, but it might be the case soon that countries will let the EU go... or it will cease to exist altogether.

To remain with the cat metaphor, its very difficult to make dogs, cats and mice sit peacefully in the same cage and expect them to work on something common.

Edited by digiteye
Stranded Shipscook

Oh, you mean as in "go forth and multiply"?

LOl, no more in the way of "GTFO". But for those too lazy to read my link, here are the statements in there:

"It was a mistake to admit the British into the European Union"

"Either they do it by themselves, or the EU will be founded anew -- without Great Britain"

"Cameron is a coward"

"If you're not willing to stick to the rules, you should keep your mouth shut."

"The country is primarily damaging itself."

"The game of always wanting to have a say in the debate while also wrecking every compromise is not acceptable in the long run,You can't be a little bit pregnant."

"but on Europe's terms, rather than Cameron's."

"but in a crisis, a partner must above all be loyal and ready to compromise.The other partners must now marginalize Britain, so that the country comes to feel its loss of influence"

"It must be made clear to Great Britain: Either you want the whole package, or you can leave it alone."

"Now,we must put pressure on the British and force them, by implementing tough regulations on financial markets, to decide if they want out of the EU or if they want to stay inside."

Note- These are just the tough and harsh statements of individual politician. Not a policy. But again, one must see both sides in order to have a picture, not only Cameroons. Right ?

thebob
They're not part of the 17 countries that make up the EU but want to dictate how it should run!

Au contraire, it is the EU17 that were rebuffed in their attempt to "dictate" fiscal policy to the UK.

More Brits work in Europe than Europeans work in UK

See, bloody lazy foreigners!

"Now,we must put pressure on the British and force them, by implementing tough regulations on financial markets, to decide if they want out of the EU or if they want to stay inside."

We have resisted continental "force" for almost a millennia, if they think our attitude has changed then they are severely underestimating us.

This old lion still has some teeth!

Edited by thebob
  • Like 1