My experiences with V Mobile Extreme

USMC-Retired

MLM can appear to have a pyramid to them. It is just how they are structured.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Mark L

• mattwilkie

• A_Simple_Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well Tim without a little more detailed info, it's hard to answer you with any certainty. When did you join before? What bank did you deposit to before?  What I can say for sure is that with the 4 ma

I bought the dealer pack got the retailer cards. I have not yet started building a Vmobile business BUT am really enjoying the ease of loading our Cell phones. I love using my laptop to send load

The selling of load was slow and often didn't go through which in real terms selling load from a phone the profit might be P1 but may take 3 text to get a reload so your already in debt because the sy

So can almost any company. Let's take a law firm for example. There are senior partners at the top. Then there are junior partners below them. Then there are the fresh college grads right out of law school below them. And let's not forget about the countless legal aids who work for the firm which I'm sure are at the bottom. Who do you think makes the most money in this pyramid?

Newsflash! Vmobile is not structured in this way. Anyone joining the company today can earn more than someone above them who has been in the company much longer. Just because it is network marketing or MLM, does that automatically make it a "pyramid"?

mattwilkie

Now from another perspective as Paul and someone else mentioned for personal use it could be worth your time. Personally its not for me as I don't use cellphones. The fact is though at P250 a card it may pay to do it but as a Dealer package in reality its not worth the hassle. Promoting a business that doesn't function as a "load business" but as one is just wrong. Personal use cards are a completely different ball game as most people probably load once a month. I run a load business with a lot of retailers wanting business from me this was supposed to be and sold to me as a LOAD BUSINESS. But in reality as Mark puts it this is about networking nothing else and in reality that is all it is selling an overpriced product that doesn't work properly.

The fact is P250 most people couldn't complain if they load up more than P1,000 a month for personal use they would recover it within 3 months. But would say skip the dealer package completely as its just a headache and isn't worth the money. You will struggle to offload your retail cards and I would never invite another person to go dealer after my experiences not only from the system but from the people generally involved. They are in it for the money which I understand but personally if I know something doesn't work I won't sell it as a reliable product. I am down on cash from the system and although its small coins its more to do with being lied to about the business (As I wasn't warned about the problems with it and after making people aware of the issues you quickly end up with 2 camps those trying to silence you and those who email privately about it). Not the way I like to do business and the fact that GPRS offers other services would make me look at it except for the experience with VMobile which just says take a wide berth!

I am down on cash from the system and although its small coins its more to do with being lied to about the business (As I wasn't warned about the problems with it and after making people aware of the issues you quickly end up with 2 camps those trying to silence you and those who email privately about it).
Now you are calling me a liar! Matt if you are man enough to come say that to my face, then you had better bring an army with you. It's easy being a "Keyboard Commando".
mattwilkie

Are you flirting with me Mark?? lol.. you know you lied, you can call it sparse with the truth or 101 other things at the same time you already knew I would have problems as soon as I started using the system. I bought it as a Load business as a replacement to my existing and your sales pitch was all based on it being capable of doing that. I know you want to recruit for your commission at the same time knowing that it would not work and cannot deliver the service required is lying when asked directly if it can.

I have no interest in paying medical bills for an old guy who's foolish enough to take on someone half his age especially when Vmobile isn't important to me. What is though is warning other people about its failings. I know its hard for a lot of expats here financially but it doesn't give you the right to abuse their trust to keep yourself off the ticket back to the U.S. as I told you before you need to diversify this isn't going to run forever and sooner or later the bubbles going to burst and if you don't find something else your bust and on your route to the U.S.

Call it what you will but one thing is for sure its not a Load business, personal use can work as you can sit for 30mins - 1hr loading, texting etc. to save 10% but in reality I don't see many expats seeing it worth their time me included.

Reference to losing money by Mark L = Because we quit??

Fact is the system doesn't work properly.. Now from Paul's point of view he's using it for personal consumption which is a different kettle of fish as its not as critical as having 20 people all waiting for load that hasn't arrived. I'm sure if everyone just used a small amount it wouldn't be a problem at the same time it wouldn't be of interest to me. The dealer package comes with retail cards (Paul has one) that in general the other Dealers don't seem to be putting out because they want the commission for other dealers.

For me I cannot get proper reloading here on my account which makes it impossible for me to sell it to other people as the reference to Quit is more a case of having consideration of the product I am selling as it doesn't deliver. Yes P250 is a small amount for most people at the same time I might as well be selling Cancer saving vitamins because neither of them work and from a moral point of view this is a bad product.

What do you consider a small amount? I have three phones and go through about Php 2,000 worth of load per week, perhaps more, sometimes.

Tim, did you buy into Load Extreme's program, in any capacity?

Now from another perspective as Paul and someone else mentioned for personal use it could be worth your time. Personally its not for me as I don't use cellphones. The fact is though at P250 a card it may pay to do it but as a Dealer package in reality its not worth the hassle. Promoting a business that doesn't function as a "load business" but as one is just wrong. Personal use cards are a completely different ball game as most people probably load once a month. I run a load business with a lot of retailers wanting business from me this was supposed to be and sold to me as a LOAD BUSINESS. But in reality as Mark puts it this is about networking nothing else and in reality that is all it is selling an overpriced product that doesn't work properly.

I disagree. In fact, while I was in town yesterday (Saturday), I reloaded my account, with Mark's assistance (because my memory sucks). I had no problems with the reloading of the account, which was done at the same place everyone else can do it at, as well.

• Like 1
Are you flirting with me Mark?? lol.. you know you lied, you can call it sparse with the truth or 101 other things at the same time you already knew I would have problems as soon as I started using the system. I bought it as a Load business as a replacement to my existing and your sales pitch was all based on it being capable of doing that. I know you want to recruit for your commission at the same time knowing that it would not work and cannot deliver the service required is lying when asked directly if it can.

I have no interest in paying medical bills for an old guy who's foolish enough to take on someone half his age especially when Vmobile isn't important to me. What is though is warning other people about its failings. I know its hard for a lot of expats here financially but it doesn't give you the right to abuse their trust to keep yourself off the ticket back to the U.S. as I told you before you need to diversify this isn't going to run forever and sooner or later the bubbles going to burst and if you don't find something else your bust and on your route to the U.S.

Call it what you will but one thing is for sure its not a Load business, personal use can work as you can sit for 30mins - 1hr loading, texting etc. to save 10% but in reality I don't see many expats seeing it worth their time me included.

Matt, in Mark's defense, he posted that at 4:20am, today. He was probably pretty tired at the time and just posted without thinking. (I know Mark personally, and have never witnessed him as anything other than a laid back, easy going guy.) We are all getting older. Additionally, we are all grown men, are are supposed to be, anyway. So, let's all take a step back on that part of the posting, before it gets out of hand and the thread gets locked. Personally, I don't want to see that happen. (This is addressed to all involved.)

Now the only ones who really know what they said during the communications, are you and Mark. I wouldn't call either of you a liar. But, if myself and others are saying we haven't had problems with this, and I certainly have nothing to lose either way, then some people are just having issues, while others are not. Simple. It's a business for those who are out to make a profit. For those of us who do not wish to partake, or for those of us who don't need the income, we are not under any pressures by customers. With the phones I have, not including several others' phones that I load regularly, it has worked, and loaded fine.

So, now you, Piet, and anyone else who has issues to sort, have options. Each of you can attempt to get it sorted with the company. Or, each of you may choose to stop your business and call it a day. Or, you can continue to simply argue about it in a thread on a forum about Cebu - if that really helps? Either way, it is up to each of us to make our own respective decisions as to how we would resolve the issues at hand.

In closing, with the amount of load I use per week, which is probably a lot more than most "residential" users here, I would think that I would have experienced some issues similar to what you have mentioned here. I have not, even one time. So, while I believe you have had some problems, I, and others, have not. Luck? Whatever - I have no idea what it is.

I do hope that you are able to get this sorted out to your satisfaction.

• Like 1
hookedtothenet
This would be a violation of the company policy and could cause your dealership to be revoked. "No products are to be sold for more or less than the advertised price". The cards are intended to be sold for P250. My advice to you is sell them at that price or don't sell them at all.

Hi Mark, Sorry mate if you think that me saying that if we have to we will sell them for P200 each to recoup our initial outlay, if you want to buy them from me and sell them for P250 each then please PM me.

This is what happens when you give load on credit

I know, but you try and educate the people that you have sold the cards to, but they still go and give credit to friends and neighbors and they just don't always repay...... Life in the RP, you know how it is.

USMC-Retired
Tim, did you buy into Load Extreme's program, in any capacity?

Yes not from Mark. Actually I loaded your phone in 2008 and 2009 via Load Extreme or now Vmobile. I had little problems back then however I switched to Load Central. Reason was the load amount for dealers was higher and I need larger amounts. Koreans were buying 5,000 pesos at a shot. I was outside a Korean English School.

Yes it is shaped like a pyramid. However does not make it a Pyramid Scheme. Those are doomed for failure. To deny that makes people question it. Embrace it as this company has been around in form or fashion since 2008 as known and 2006 with a prior name. Hard to scam people for 5+ years on a pyramid scheme.

Though wiki is not the best source here is a quote:

Other terms for MLM include include: Pyramid Selling, Network Marketing and Refferal Marketing
Edited by Norseman

Perhaps some of you did not see this:

WARNING: For those who have not tried this service, and have no intentions of putting money into it, please refrain from posting any statements in this thread.

I just banned one moderator and a few members from this topic. If anyone else posts here who is not directly involved with Load Extreme, they will be banned from this site. Perhaps I have made myself clear enough, now.

Edited by Admin

A few points here:

1. I PERSONALLY investigated this service prior to using it OR allowing it to be advertised on this site. I have PERSONALLY used this service, and do so until this day. I haven't had to try to sell anyone, anything. I haven't had to sort this in any manner. HOWEVER, I could have gone that route had I chosen to do so. It cost me a total of Php 250 to get involved in this program, and I have saved much more than that, I am pretty sure, in load that I have used / given to others.

2. People, the CHOICE IS YOURS. Thus far (Mark L would have to inform of my start date), I have had zero, zilch, nada, no problems with this service, whenever I needed load on my phones. I use load as though it were going out of style.

3. If you are unhappy with the load as a service, I suggest, rather than QUITTING, just use the load yourself. At the end of your load usage, just stop using it. Simple. There have been MANY times where I have purchased load either online (through other sources), and locally at a retailer / reseller of load on the ground here, where I have had delays in the load being credited to my phone. Big deal. This is the Philippines. I learned, years ago, to just hang out on Filipino time. I'm in no rush to do anything.

-----------

Either way, people who have nothing to do with this topic and are not directly involved with Load Extreme WILL refrain from posting in this thread, effective this very second. If you are directly involved, and have a gripe or comment, this is the place to post it.

So far, I think Mark has done quite well in his replies. I also feel as though, for those who have issues, they should be addressed. But, it obviously isn't everyone who has issues here, myself included.

Edited by Admin
mattwilkie

Reference to loading though Paul we are looking at a different quantity of people. We can have 20 people load in less than 15 minutes. Peak hours are a regular problem. But as I have said its not a load business more of a "personal use" as it simply can't deal with the capacity.

Your loading will be different to mine as I don't live near Ayala etc. The fact is the system doesn't load into BDO and at no point will people warn you about it or the fact the business centre is never open in Talisay. We don't live in the middle of nowhere but in reality the system is worthless to us as it doesn't deliver. The banking problems weren't told to me at the time of sale same as the reloading issues in peak hours.

Afterwards to be told "we are aware of the problems" doesn't cut the mustard when the type of business it would be used for was explained to Mark. As a load business I would advise though the multiple phone system that this is supposed to be pushing people away from simply because of the ease of it. As its collected from the building and your texts are given away as free which in reality means you save P1 for every text you do for reloads (as LoadXtreme charge you). We hadn't had problems with the old system and Mark was aware that this was going into a load station not someones back pocket for reloading for personal consumption.

Everyone who's stated they havent had issues here are not selling quantity loads now I know someone mentioned its only P4k for the dealer pack but they forget to mention time wasted, unhappy customers, travel distances needed to reload. Now the issues Piet faced is the same as mine and he was also selling load. Same as the multiple people that contacted me via Mark's VMobile Millionaires and no doubt the same problems Tim is talking about.

For me its wasted a lot of time for a business that is extremely simple its not training that is needed fact is it doesn't do what was promised.

Tim reference Pyramid scheme the membership has doubled I believe in the last few months it all depends where it goes Legacy was around for at least 12 years.

The important thing here is though the P250 cards are worth the saving for general use which have been named (Retail) but would say more suited to domestic personal use and the Dealer packs are a waste of money you will struggle to recoup money unless your recruiting other dealers and them recruiting dealers etc. etc. in reality just Pyramiding and not selling. This topic started on experiences of the system I have had generally I don't talk about any business things I am upto except I had the misfortune of starting to advertise this system which is why after countless problems with it I have to reverse my endoursement and warn others that the Dealer system is a waste of money. The P250 cards are fair game but would NEVER put any of this system into a Load Kiosk or any other high volume scenario as it will create more problems than its worth.

For me the matter is closed as I have wasted too much time on the VMobile system already and gone back to a reliable system. I would say though the older system offers a higher yield of profit as well. Taking on the VMobile added P1 - P2 to load costs due to the texting costs to get the thing to load which we have kept at that rate but now back on FREE texting from the various networks. I don't take any of this personally by the way either as its just letting people know my experience of the system. There are more important things going on than a budget load card.

• Like 1

Fair enough.

For the record. I just used Load Extreme to load my Globe SIM card.

I sent the G100X Globe Autoloadmax 100 package (100 Peso load) to it. From the time I initiated the transfer, filled out the popup form, clicked "send load" and confirmed the send, and received the load on the phone was about 45 seconds, all up.

Now, I don't know much about the system. But, I am under the impression all packages are loaded similarly.

Just letting everyone know my experience today.

Oh, I live farther in the province than anyone who has posted thus far, from Cebu. So it would be a bit of an inconvenience for me to go to Ayala as well.

Edited by Admin
USMC-Retired

They did change how they shaped the business model over the last few years. When I joined you had to deposit 25K as dealer and a contract to maintain a balance of 5k. There was no fee to sign up with a contract of agreement they were just using the money you kept however they stated it (as most was protection if you exceeded your balance). There was money involved for people to sign up dealers however not as many could afford it. So it worked well for me.

Now the company has rethought the business model and said we want the masses to have the service. They are expanding to fast. They are having issues like Matt is saying. However even back then it took 4-6 hours for a bank deposit to post in my wallet. This was known then and explained to me. As they get more and more dealers people posting money and becoming dealers and retailers I can see where this is creating problems. Because the masses can more likely afford 4k. I wonder when they changed this. As it may be relating to the issues.

Mark is this a direct relation to what is happening?

They did change how they shaped the business model over the last few years. When I joined you had to deposit 25K as dealer and a contract to maintain a balance of 5k. There was no fee to sign up with a contract of agreement they were just using the money you kept however they stated it (as most was protection if you exceeded your balance). There was money involved for people to sign up dealers however not as many could afford it. So it worked well for me.

Now the company has rethought the business model and said we want the masses to have the service. They are expanding to fast. They are having issues like Matt is saying. However even back then it took 4-6 hours for a bank deposit to post in my wallet. This was known then and explained to me. As they get more and more dealers people posting money and becoming dealers and retailers I can see where this is creating problems. Because the masses can more likely afford 4k. I wonder when they changed this. As it may be relating to the issues.

Mark is this a direct relation to what is happening?

Well Tim without a little more detailed info, it's hard to answer you with any certainty. When did you join before? What bank did you deposit to before?

What I can say for sure is that with the 4 major banking options now (BPI, BDO, Metrobank and Unionbank), it's not the sheer volume of deposits that is causing a problem. It's the actual individual relationships with each bank. Some are more friendly than others. All banks have different processing times, some in a matter of hours and some longer. It is fair to say that in most cases a loadwallet deposit will be credited by the next business day. BDO has become a major problem for Vmobile because they are taking on average 3 days to transfer the deposit info to Vmobile. This fact was not aware to me at the time Matt joined so I was not able to warn him of it. I only became aware of the BDO issues after he joined and I did not know that BDO was his main option and preferred option for reloading until he was totally frustrated with things. I did not learn about any of the problems Matt was having until early this month. He simply did not communicate them to me. I tried to offer my help when he finally told me, but he was closed or rejected all suggestions by everyone who tried to help him.

I posted this once before, but I'm not sure if Matt or anyone else understood...The IBC (Independent Business Center) across from Ayala has 6 bank accounts that a member can deposit to. These accounts belong to the owners of the that IBC, not Vmobile. If any member wants to make a deposit to their accounts, that member only needs to contact them via text message or call (not make a trip there) and provide the deposit info details. The Cebu IBC will then credit their loadwallet immediately. This makes it much easier and faster to get reloaded. The 6 banks include PNB, BPI, UCPB, BOC, BDO and Allied. If anyone wants the account numbers for these banks, they can contact the Cebu IBC or PM me.

In regards to slow or failed sending of loads, there are a variety of reasons for it. First and foremost, the major Telcos are ultimately responsible for the problems. The reason I say this is because so many times we see here in the local culture things do not get fixed, restocked or done until either something is broken, out of stock or last minute ("Filipino time", lack of proper planning or both). The Telcos are not upgrading their equipment to handle the rising demand by their customers. When everyone is out of school or off work all at about the same time, many are sending more text messages and buying loads for their phones, this creates "telco congestion". Anytime that the public streets are crowded with commuters and traffic is slow, you can expect delays and even failures in sending loads. Their systems can only handle so much at one time. Smart is the better of the major telcos because they have the best system, but even Smart can max out the demand. There can also be localized overload demands by any of the telcos. We have all seen strange things from the telcos regardless of who your service is with or where you buy your load. We have received the same text message 2 or 3 times, we have seen a text arrive hours after it was sent and even failed delivery, etc.

Vmobile uses gateway numbers provided by the telcos to send their load requests. This technology has allowed them to offer sending of loads with your existing phone and sim card with only one loadwallet. Yes, Vmobile has been experiencing growing pains and they are working hard to make it better. Due to their close relationship with Smart, they recently released a new Smart sim for members only. It is totally optional and not required. With a cost of only P50 and a limit of one per member, it certainly was not another money-making product offering. It was developed for Vmobile by Smart in an effort to correct the slow loading issues. This new sim bypasses the gateway numbers and allows loading directly in the same manner as traditional loaders. It loads all networks so a member can still load all networks from one phone and sim.

Vmobile is the #1 account of Smart, Globe and Sun. Nobody buys more load from the telcos than Vmobile, so for those of you who accuse them of only selling dealer packs and creating some pyramid...it just does not hold true. I will be the first one to admit that there are many dealers out there focused on only selling more dealer packs. Those individuals will not be around very long. They will find another networking opportunity to promote and most of those types already promote more than one. I hate it because it gives the rest of us a bad image and its not in the best interest of the company. The message of company is not create more dealers and retailers. They simply want to empower us all to load ourselves and create a community of consumers.

Recently, I have broken away from my Filipino upline who still likes to show piles of money, big checks and fancy cars in an effort to recruit you. I have teamed with other foreigners and developed a new style of presentation for the business. There are better ways to make money with Vmobile without simply promoting dealer packs. It has always been my style to show a person the option to be a "dealer" or "retailer" and let them decide which they prefer. Being a "retailer" does not simply mean that you will sell load to the general public, but you can if that is your choice. I think as time goes on, it will be more difficult for traditional retailers to make money. Vmobile will not be the last company to slowly take away the traditional retailers market by allowing consumers to load themselves and do it at a discount.

Edited by Mark L
  • Like 3