A new fee ((((( I )))) never knew of

dirtsquirter

If you tell your MIL that, it may be the last time YOU see ANYTHING. Some new guys (who still have stars in their eyes) don't believe us when we tell them that a lot of guys just can't adjust to living in a third-world country. Well, this is a perfect example. Have a nice trip. Realistically, you should realize that you WILL be back...even if only for visits. Otherwise, your home will become Hell on Earth.

You have no idea what me or my wife thinks, so if I were you, I wouldn't place any bets on our returning anytime soon. I will say your a better man than I, you can "adjust" and stay "adjusted" for the rest of your life if needed, I don't have to. I am taking my wife and son out of this place forever. The only reason I came here was for her and my son, and now that I have their paperwork in order - I am out and never looking back. Your child will never know what they are missing, as they will grow up here continuing to "adjust" their whole lives, mine will live in the land of opportunity, Good luck - and stay adjusted.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Stranded Shipscook

• TorJay

• dirtsquirter

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To the OP, thanks for the heads up, I knew leaving here would cost me, but I didn't think it would be quite so much. I always liked it here, but lately it's been hard to find anything to like - maybe

Canada does not charge anything to leave and does not charge anything to arrive. As a matter of fact, when you arrive here in Canada just say "REFUGEE" to the immigration guy and our government will

Why don't you leave now if you don't like it there?

How many people from Minnesota, or better yet - Detroit - are Refugees?

Not sure about Minnesota, but if Detroit keeps it up, quite a few I would think :surrender:

But, seriously there is no tax imposed on anyone entering or leaving Canada. There maybe Airport Improvement fees at certain airports, but no entering or exit tax.

Stranded Shipscook

yes and its yellow pre printed and its in dollars... NOT peso.. the first international door and there is a large stand built there a women was working and stamped our yellow tags and a police guy standing next to her.. maybe its a new Christmas bonus

It is a scam, definitely.

I would NOT have paid it.

I would have scrutinized the "Official Receipts" and asked if it based on :

a.) A new Government ordinance (Which it isn't)

b.) A new MIA fee, Which has to be approved first by the Government ( Which it hasn't )

if one asks this questions he will get away with an "angry look".

I will investigate this now and text a few messages/emails and let the forum know how it ends...

Kindly keep your receipt, and send it to them:

http://www.mciaa.gov.ph/

Edited by G....
  • Like 1
smokey

It is a scam, definitely.

I would NOT have paid it.

I would have scrutinized the "Official Receipts" and asked if it based on :

a.) A new Government ordinance (Which it isn't)

b.) A new MIA fee, Which has to be approved first by the Government ( Which it hasn't )

if one asks this questions he will get away with an "angry look".

I will investigate this now and text a few messages/emails and let the forum know how it ends...

Kindly keep your receipt, and send it to them:

http://www.mciaa.gov.ph/

lets see i am at the airport 1 1/2 hours before an international flight and together me and the wife have over 2,000 US riding on this half of our ticket.. and as i am a foreigner granted my wife is connected but as she said never use up your favors on small things.. i paid the fee and gave them my F you look now i know this being the airport they have their own police so that angle was closed.. it was just so fast i really thought of it as a hassle and mad only because it slowed me down.. look at the good side at midnight the flights that leave are korean air and asian air 2 flights each so you get these three or four flights maybe 600 to 800 passangers at 100 p per person a quick 60 to 80 thou... per day toward Christmas for the way overworked people serving their country