A new fee ((((( I )))) never knew of

HeyMike

My wife and I went to Singapore for a few days and we did not have any baggage tax. I did not have to pay an exit fee either. My wife had to pay a 200p fee though, coz she is a Filipino citizen. They wanted 1620p but I screamed and yelled. then I told them that my wife has a "green card" from the US. This made the difference (the green card; not the screaming), hence she had to only pay 200p. Of course, we both had to pay the 550p terminal fee.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Stranded Shipscook

• TorJay

• dirtsquirter

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To the OP, thanks for the heads up, I knew leaving here would cost me, but I didn't think it would be quite so much. I always liked it here, but lately it's been hard to find anything to like - maybe

Canada does not charge anything to leave and does not charge anything to arrive. As a matter of fact, when you arrive here in Canada just say "REFUGEE" to the immigration guy and our government will

Why don't you leave now if you don't like it there?

Stranded Shipscook

That subject is tiring. However, some people just don't get it. The Airport fees and charges are always to be paid, anywhere in the world, just because we don't see it, its there.

I am an IATA Agent ( Aircargo ) however, ticketing is part of the training as well.

If one could just see the charges openly, it would look like an electric bill.

I think they only thing the governments or airlines ( Both are the same when it comes to extract money from passengers) are currently not charging is the use of airliner toilets, but that will come sooner or later as well.

(Topic : I think its outrageous that i have to pay for other peoples use of CR's, coz i never pee during flights !. Its actually all the bloody beer drinkers on the flights which even get their alcoholic bevvies for free, something i also have to pay for, nasty, protest, LOL )

• Like 1
Davaoeno
I think its outrageous that i have to pay for other peoples use of CR's, coz i never pee during flights

Knowing that will make every trip to the bathroom on the plane even more enjoyable from now on Guenther !!

• Like 1
Stranded Shipscook

Those charges are always added to the ticket, here is one moderate example, i deleted all the IATA codes and simplified it for easy read. There are other charges in other countries, as a "bird flight damage fee" in Germany (!?) Some places like France are absolutely chaotic in their fee structure, it would take 6 pages to list them all. However, they are only 1 or 3 cents mostly, so its kind of ridiculous and it add's to only 45 US$

United States of America

APHIS User Fee

Customs User Fee

Flight Segment Tax (Domestic)

Freight Transportation Tax (Domestic)

Immigration User Fee

Ticket TCF

Passenger Civil Aviation Security Service Fee

Then you add every airports Passenger Facility Charge and local taxes which are individual.

The difference is, that its the airlines responsibility to collect and pay, not the passenger. This is not done in the Philippines, because collection is usually done by the Travel Agencies and the remittance of the collection BEFORE flight has been problematic. ( And its better that way, i just imagine if i purchased a ticket a day before and then can't leave because the money hasn't been transferred.ouch )

smokey

My wife and I went to Singapore for a few days and we did not have any baggage tax. I did not have to pay an exit fee either. My wife had to pay a 200p fee though, coz she is a Filipino citizen. They wanted 1620p but I screamed and yelled. then I told them that my wife has a "green card" from the US. This made the difference (the green card; not the screaming), hence she had to only pay 200p. Of course, we both had to pay the 550p terminal fee.

did you go to the international door at mactan airport ? well i sure had to pay the 2,180 peso fee and the 550 fee and the 180 peso baggage fee and i have a acr.. now my wife has a green card and she had to pay the baggage fee to enter the airport building and she had to pay the 550 airport fee as to the 2.180 as she had a ticket already i dont know i bought mine that day.. i still have all my paperwork so if you want to wager say 500 us that i did not have to pay these fees let me know /// the little yellow paper they gave me says 1us dollar per bag so for 4 bags they charged 180 peso ha ha guess it included small tip..

Edited by smokey
HeyMike

did you go to the international door at mactan airport ? well i sure had to pay the 2,180 peso fee and the 550 fee and the 180 peso baggage fee and i have a acr.. now my wife has a green card and she had to pay the baggage fee to enter the airport building and she had to pay the 550 airport fee as to the 2.180 as she had a ticket already i dont know i bought mine that day.. i still have all my paperwork so if you want to wager say 500 us that i did not have to pay these fees let me know /// the little yellow paper they gave me says 1us dollar per bag so for 4 bags they charged 180 peso ha ha guess it included small tip..

No bet. I am not doubting you paid those fees, I'm just saying I did not pay those fees... or just not the same amounts. I do not have an ACR, I am here on a balikbayan. I did go to the international door at Mactan. Who did you pay the baggage fee too? Was there an official at the door where the bags go through the x-ray machine when you first enter the terminal? I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but we flew Cebu Pacific direct to Singapore.

smokey

No bet. I am not doubting you paid those fees, I'm just saying I did not pay those fees... or just not the same amounts. I do not have an ACR, I am here on a balikbayan. I did go to the international door at Mactan. Who did you pay the baggage fee too? Was there an official at the door where the bags go through the x-ray machine when you first enter the terminal? I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but we flew Cebu Pacific direct to Singapore.

there is a stand with a women and a airport police standing there at the international door and they said 1 dollar per bag which i was surprised and they said then that will be 180 peso so they even scammed the exchange rate then we received a yellow copy of the collected money and it says... 4 pieces of luggage fee to enter airport..

Stranded Shipscook

there is a stand with a women and a airport police standing there at the international door and they said 1 dollar per bag which i was surprised and they said then that will be 180 peso so they even scammed the exchange rate then we received a yellow copy of the collected money and it says... 4 pieces of luggage fee to enter airport..

Sounds like the Porter's fee. They tried all tricks with me in the past too.

What does the yellow slip exactly says ? (in the header)

Is it a Government Official Receipt ?

Or a Mactan-Cebu International Airport Official receipt ?

smokey

Sounds like the Porter's fee. They tried all tricks with me in the past too.

What does the yellow slip exactly says ? (in the header)

Is it a Government Official Receipt ?

Or a Mactan-Cebu International Airport Official receipt ?

no we also had to pay the porter the shock was the fee was in us dollar? as there was a port police standing there i guess not many are going to say no and miss their flight... this is just the way the country is running everyone is out to make the most they can from all these little FEE's must be a your not leaving till we get a cut

Edited by smokey
Stranded Shipscook

no we also had to pay the porter the shock was the fee was in us dollar? as there was a port police standing there i guess not many are going to say no and miss their flight... this is just the way the country is running everyone is out to make the most they can from all these little FEE's must be a your not leaving till we get a cut

And what did the receipt header said ? There must be something printed on it.

because noboyd here heard of this yet and in the last Internet Publication from 19 November 2011 nothing was mentioned.

smokey

And what did the receipt header said ? There must be something printed on it.

because noboyd here heard of this yet and in the last Internet Publication from 19 November 2011 nothing was mentioned.

mactan airport offical baggage ????

dirtsquirter

I can't wait to pay them my fees! I have had it with this damn country begging, discriminating and charging their way into my wallet! When I finally fly out of this shit hole, I will mail them my ACR card back, in pieces, with a little note telling them what they can do with each and every shard in the envelope. Am I unhappy here?? No, just worn down you might say. I guess my last 2 trips to Manila really did me in. You can keep this place - I don't have the heart to tell my mother in law to take a long last look at her grandson, it just may be the last time she sees him.

Stranded Shipscook

mactan airport offical baggage ????

Is that what it said ?

honestly, i just wonder.

Headshot

You can keep this place - I don't have the heart to tell my mother in law to take a long last look at her grandson, it just may be the last time she sees him.

If you tell your MIL that, it may be the last time YOU see ANYTHING. Some new guys (who still have stars in their eyes) don't believe us when we tell them that a lot of guys just can't adjust to living in a third-world country. Well, this is a perfect example. Have a nice trip. Realistically, you should realize that you WILL be back...even if only for visits. Otherwise, your home will become Hell on Earth.

smokey

Is that what it said ?

honestly, i just wonder.

yes and its yellow pre printed and its in dollars... NOT peso.. the first international door and there is a large stand built there a women was working and stamped our yellow tags and a police guy standing next to her.. maybe its a new Christmas bonus

Edited by smokey