• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Stranded Shipscook

• TorJay

• dirtsquirter

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To the OP, thanks for the heads up, I knew leaving here would cost me, but I didn't think it would be quite so much. I always liked it here, but lately it's been hard to find anything to like - maybe

Canada does not charge anything to leave and does not charge anything to arrive. As a matter of fact, when you arrive here in Canada just say "REFUGEE" to the immigration guy and our government will

Why don't you leave now if you don't like it there?

towboat72

I think when I finally leave here, I am never coming back - this place is a joke...

we will help you pack,if your not happy

• Like 1

i guess your right i have traveled and just keep forgetting it cost money to leave are there any other countries that do that? travel tax is ? paid to who /// how does it work you buy a ticket they always say sir there is a tax collected on trips from the philippines... ok... then you get to the airport and there is a tax on the number of bags you have , then another tax on the airport fee to improve the airport then another tax to leave the country?? with all these taxes the airport should be in the top ten... i did notice the bathrooms smelled better still no paper but did smell better..

I am not sure of this, but I believe Canada charges some kind of fee to leave the country, maybe to arrive -

I look at these fees as like the toll fees or Weight Fees on Interstate Truckers - it is a User Fee

I don't mind paying the fees - I just wish they would have them listed in one spot - last time I was at BI I got my two receipts - one said something like 1000 pesos the other 4500 I asked my wife for 6K - Got to the window and he wanted 7799 - I looked at him he pointed to the window - there was a hand written fee of 2299 like the Fee of the Day....

I am not sure of this, but I believe Canada charges some kind of fee to leave the country, maybe to arrive -

I look at these fees as like the toll fees or Weight Fees on Interstate Truckers - it is a User Fee

I don't mind paying the fees - I just wish they would have them listed in one spot - last time I was at BI I got my two receipts - one said something like 1000 pesos the other 4500 I asked my wife for 6K - Got to the window and he wanted 7799 - I looked at him he pointed to the window - there was a hand written fee of 2299 like the Fee of the Day....

Canada does not charge anything to leave and does not charge anything to arrive. As a matter of fact, when you arrive here in Canada just say "REFUGEE" to the immigration guy and our government will give you all you need to survive here until your refugee hearing 5 years from now. And, we will INSIST that you sit back and do not work one bit whle waiting for your hearing. :dance:

Edited by TorJay
  • Like 2
the.lone.gunman

I"ve been here 6 months now, renewing my visa every 59 days. I recently discovered that now i have to get an exit visa to leave the PI and i have to get fingerprinted too. It never ends...............

• Like 1

Canada does not charge anything to leave and does not charge anything to arrive. As a matter of fact, when you arrive here in Canada just say "REFUGEE" to the immigration guy and our government will give you all you need to survive here until your refugee hearing 5 years from now. :dance:

How many people from Minnesota, or better yet - Detroit - are Refugees?

I"ve been here 6 months now, renewing my visa every 59 days. I recently discovered that now i have to get an exit visa to leave the PI and i have to get fingerprinted too. It never ends...............

I haven't had to be finger printed yet - not paid the exit fee - course I have left in over a year. I expect being finger printed is part of the 13a - not problem just part of life

• Admin (Retired)
broden

How many people from Minnesota, or better yet - Detroit - are Refugees?

where?

TorJay, on 09 December 2011 - 09:47 PM, said: Canada does not charge anything to leave and does not charge anything to arrive. As a matter of fact, when you arrive here in Canada just say "REFUGEE" to the immigration guy and our government will give you all you need to survive here until your refugee hearing 5 years from now. How many people from Minnesota, or better yet - Detroit - are Refugees?

You would be surprised. We do in fact have several American servicemen here that have claimed refugee status so that they didn't get shipped off to Iraq, Afghanistan, or where ever else they might be shipped next. Yes, there are quite a few U.S, soldiers that have wimped out and cried refugee over here.

smokey

i wish the money went to what its taken for and not so some offical can go to the manny fight or europe for vacation ..

Is it any surprise that there is an additional fee for even the most mundane process? I was always amused (and irritated) by the "Express Lane" fee I was assessed at every opportunity. But, it should have been no surprise to me that there is now a "Double Express Lane Fee"....maybe I have the term incorrect.

I guess it is a bit like Monopoly. Can't get out of jail without rolling doubles or paying a "fee".

• Like 1
smokey

well some of the fee's are to support the poor.. like the BIR guy with a 7 series BMW

dirtsquirter

To the OP, thanks for the heads up, I knew leaving here would cost me, but I didn't think it would be quite so much. I always liked it here, but lately it's been hard to find anything to like - maybe because I will be leaving soon I am just finding everything a little overbearing. I came here for my wife and son, and I am taking them back with me - they are the only 2 reasons I have stayed so long. This place is great for old men looking for their youth, and going through middle aged crisis, not for guys like me - I still have a lot of good years left in me, and I realize now that this place just takes more years off your life than anything else. It's been a great ride, but now it's time to go. When I get back to America though, I will surely think of you guys while having a nice thick black angus steak on the grill. Cheers!

• Like 3
smokey

To the OP, thanks for the heads up, I knew leaving here would cost me, but I didn't think it would be quite so much. I always liked it here, but lately it's been hard to find anything to like - maybe because I will be leaving soon I am just finding everything a little overbearing. I came here for my wife and son, and I am taking them back with me - they are the only 2 reasons I have stayed so long. This place is great for old men looking for their youth, and going through middle aged crisis, not for guys like me - I still have a lot of good years left in me, and I realize now that this place just takes more years off your life than anything else. It's been a great ride, but now it's time to go. When I get back to America though, I will surely think of you guys while having a nice thick black angus steak on the grill. Cheers!

i just got back to arizona yesterday and first thing i did was go to taco bell.,,, home depo,, costco,,,, then walmart... everything is in stock... i will stay here till i get tired and the grass starts to look greener on the other side of the fence..

• Like 2

I guess I will find out beginning next week.

and bring plenty of money with ya coz you gotta pay a bar bill for us lot puttin up with ya moaning lol
  • Like 1