Sign in to follow this  
RWC

Current rainy season

RWC

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me what the rainy season is doing in Cebu (or surrounding area)?

All the online weather guides i can find say the wet season should be pretty much done by now but i hear hints and little bits of info that it's lasting longer this year.True or not?

TorJay

It better stop before I get there in a couple weeks or there will be hell to pay! :dance:

• Like 1

USMC-Retired

Cebu really does not have one. However it does seem to rain more December-February. I would say you expect it to rain 2 days a week during this time.

Edited by Norseman

thebob

It's dryer on the west coast!

Jay

"Summer", the school kids' summer vacation, happens during the middle of the dry (drier) season, typically March through May, and they go back to school in early June. My experience is that it usually gets drier and hotter around Christmastime, then lapses back into cooler, wetter weather for another couple of months: presumably because the groundhog saw his shadow. Even during the so-called dry season it's not uncommon to get a thundershower every day at around noon or mid-afternoon. And any time there's a cyclone anywhere in the neighborhood you're going to get cool weather, overcast skies and lots of rain.

RWC

Thanks jay

I'll try asking a different way-

Has the wet season been much stronger this year?Has there been been more rain than normal?

RWC

has it been that way for the last few months? i.e heavier than normal rain?

Cary

Its been raining for 5 straight days now in Manila and its really annoying.

Stranded Shipscook

has it been that way for the last few months? i.e heavier than normal rain?

It's actually hasn't stopped raining from January on until April, the usual hot season from March til Mai did not bring too much dry weather. That's the good news, coz the dry season is a drag for the plants.

On the other hand i have the impression that this year is pretty wet so far. But here (West Coast Cebu) the real wet season hasn't really started yet, i expect more rain to start any day and go on for somewhat 2 months as usual.

all in all not really a good biking year.

About your weather info Philippines as in the OP, it appears you got the northern Phil's Weather charts, here in Cebu we have a different climate, as well as in Mindanao again. Even diversity between Cebu West ( more Negros oriented) and Cebu City are made. The Cebu Mountains are a sort of weather barrier.