Sign in to follow this  
Jawny

Apple Repair in Cebu

Jawny

I have a newer MacBook Pro I bought in the SM store this year. I am pretty sure I need some repair work done. I have Apple Care. The repair is associated with "black screen" and sleep problems (not properly sleeping black screen after). I've tried the various home fixes (reset SMC). Haven't tried to reset PRAM yet.

I am pretty sure I will need to bring it in for repairs and wondered what options I have. I have read it could require logic board or graphics card replacement.

I recall there is another location in Cebu (MCI ECS or similar).

I wondered what I might expect in the way of service. I have to travel to Cebu from Leyte and assume I may be expected to leave the laptop for at least a day or two. Hope not, but hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I just wanted to prepare myself for what to expect. Wondered if some members had experiences to share.

USMC-Retired

HPS in Mandaue is where you can go they repair Apple and few others under warranty.

Jawny

Thanks. Have you had any experience with HPS? I also saw iFix by Microwarehouse and MSI-ECS Digicare listed as service providers.

Just wondered if some were well known as good (or bad).