Need some fiance' visa infor pls...

smokey

the fastest i have seen was my son who was in the navy they were done and she was there in 4 1/2 months... my IR1 took a little over 1 year because of the Luke physical said my wife has a cloudy part on her x ray and they held us up almost 4 months and gave her extra test.... i have a friend who did a K1 and his took over a year because they said his now wife had TB and he had to get a condo for her to stay in near ST. lukes and she went every day and took meds at St lukes the meds were free but the 12 sq meter condo she had cost with utitlies 22,000p a month... Luke messes up more times then the embassy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• tomaw

• smokey

• ronaldnn

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VisaJourney is a great site with lots of great info, helped me tremendously. Still, if you want to make sure you are 100% correct in filing your paperwork the first time and if you can afford it hire

Just went thru it all recently.   1. Vias Journey.com site. read and read. 2. I filed all the papers myself. Got them approved. You do not need a lawyer. Go to government web site, down load forms

good luck with the visa some guys here can,t even get visa,s for their wives ,you may be lucky you never know.

Correct, the affidavit of support is needed at interview, not for filing the petition. In fact, it needs to be no more than 30 days old at interview, so any affidavit of support sent before that will already have been expired, and a new one submitted. He does not need to send I-134 or tax information to FILE the petition, that comes later (interview).

Larry in Dumaguete

i would check with imigration, things might have changed. Accoding to my wife I sent her the affidavit of support 6 months before her interview. That was in 2005-2006.
shadow

i would check with imigration, things might have changed. Accoding to my wife I sent her the affidavit of support 6 months before her interview. That was in 2005-2006.

I would suggest you do check with immigration, things change regularly. (Actually it is the embassy that requests I-134 be less than 30 days old) I process 20-30 visas per year. You processed one (1) visa 5-6 years ago?

Larry in Dumaguete

Edited by shadow
smokey

I would suggest you do check with immigration, things change regularly. (Actually it is the embassy that requests I-134 be less than 30 days old) I process 20-30 visas per year. You processed one (1) visa 5-6 years ago?

Larry in Dumaguete

yes they wanted FRESH income statements down to the last 3 months bank stuff for me

Larry in Dumaguete

Yes, it was 6 years ago and I aIready said for him to get more current information. If he and others can benift from your services Im all for it.
dirtsquirter

The amount of BS is a little less with the spousal visa, in that there is no $1070 dollar adjustment of status once she arrives in the US. With the spousal visa, green card, SS card, etc. are already done when she enters the US, with fiance visa there is still more petitions to file and more money to get to that point. However, the spousal visa filed stateside currently is taking around 8-10 months, while the fiance visa takes 5-7 months.

Larry in Dumaguete

I filed petition for a CR-1 visa in the states and on June 24th it was received by USCIS. NOA1 to NOA2 took just 30 days. (I used a service that specializes in filling up the forms correct the first time). I had 2 separate RFE's while in NVC's hands, and I also had to wait an extra 40 days for my wife's BCI Police clearance before we could send it to NVC. My US Embassy interview date is on Dec.13th. If I had her police clearance in hand, and didn't get those RFE, I could have shaved another 7+ weeks off this process. Oh well, I am still happy about the way it's gone so far. I hope the snow is as high as a mountain when we finally get out of here...
shadow

I filed petition for a CR-1 visa in the states and on June 24th it was received by USCIS. NOA1 to NOA2 took just 30 days. (I used a service that specializes in filling up the forms correct the first time). I had 2 separate RFE's while in NVC's hands, and I also had to wait an extra 40 days for my wife's BCI Police clearance before we could send it to NVC. My US Embassy interview date is on Dec.13th. If I had her police clearance in hand, and didn't get those RFE, I could have shaved another 7+ weeks off this process. Oh well, I am still happy about the way it's gone so far. I hope the snow is as high as a mountain when we finally get out of here...

Sounds like you got lucky! None of our clients have ever received an RFE from USCIS or NVC, because the paperwork is done correctly the first time.

:D

Larry in Dumaguete

dirtsquirter

Sounds like you know your stuff - I'm impressed. The only forms that were filled up for me by the visa service were for the petition. I thought I could handle the NVC stuff, and save time by not sending it to the visa service, but I overlooked 2 things and it was my own fault. We were approved, so once I get the visa in hand I will book a flight out.