Need some fiance' visa infor pls...

Headshot

In Manila the CFO seminar is a two hour session, in and out. In Cebu it is an all day interrogation for some, that they may drag out for weeks if your fiance is young, or they somehow decide they want to make things difficult.

Larry in Dumaguete

I agree with this 100%. If you have to fly someplace to get the seminar, go to Manaila. The seminar in Cebu can be a real fiasco. The plain-clothes nuns that run it can throw up all kinds of roadblocks, and ask for all kinds of documentation that isn't actually required if they want to slow the process down. Remember, without the stamp, she doesn't fly, so they are all-powerful. Go to Manila. I haven't heard of anybody having problems there (even though it is also run by plain-clothes nuns). If antbody doesn't believe they are nuns, ask them what the letters they put next to their name on the certificate mean. The abbreviation is for the Catholic order they belong to.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• tomaw

• smokey

• ronaldnn

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VisaJourney is a great site with lots of great info, helped me tremendously. Still, if you want to make sure you are 100% correct in filing your paperwork the first time and if you can afford it hire

Just went thru it all recently.   1. Vias Journey.com site. read and read. 2. I filed all the papers myself. Got them approved. You do not need a lawyer. Go to government web site, down load forms

good luck with the visa some guys here can,t even get visa,s for their wives ,you may be lucky you never know.

In Manila the CFO seminar is a two hour session, in and out. In Cebu it is an all day interrogation for some, that they may drag out for weeks if your fiance is young, or they somehow decide they want to make things difficult.

Larry in Dumaguete

My wife went to Cebu for CFO class in 2006. She was 26 y.o. at the time and it took from 7am- 2pm first come first serve so be there early. They show a discouraging movie that seems to be to scare the girls by showing bad things that can happen to them by marrying a foriegner they don't really know. They then interview the girl and ask a lot of questions about the guy. She should bring a lot of pictures of them together, with her family would be good. Also letters and/or e-mails from each other. Also it would be good to wear her engagement ring.
SkyMan

The abbreviation is for the Catholic order they belong to.

Yes, I think my wife was interrogated by a member of the order of Gestapo.

My wife is from Cebu and we now live in Huntington Beach but previously we lived in Temecula. Nice to talk to a forum member where I'm from. You probably don't need a lawyer but I can recomend one in Anaheim who is a Philippino that knows both U.S. and R.P. Way of doing things if you need him. The one important document not yet mentioned is the Affidavit of Support. You will need this when filing. With this you will need your most recent income tax return and a current bank statement. Other than that I think you got it covered. It took 9 months to get her here once we started the paperwork. Good you are in Temecula. Your Green Card interview will be in San Bernardino which according to our lawyer is the easiest. O.C. is next easiest and L.A. is the hardest. E-mail me if you want to talk on the phone and I'll give you my number. Good luck!

Edited by tomaw
shadow

My wife is from Cebu and we now live in Huntington Beach but previously we lived in Temecula. Nice to talk to a forum member where I'm from. You probably don't need a lawyer but I can recomend one in Anaheim who is a Philippino that knows both U.S. and R.P. Way of doing things if you need him. The one important document not yet mentioned is the Affidavit of Support. You will need this when filing. With this you will need your most recent income tax return and a current bank statement. Other than that I think you got it covered. It took 9 months to get her here once we started the paperwork. Good you are in Temecula. Your Green Card interview will be in San Bernardino which according to our lawyer is the easiest. O.C. is next easiest and L.A. is the hardest. E-mail me if you want to talk on the phone and I'll give you my number. Good luck!

The I-134 affidavit of support is needed at interview, NOT at the time of filing.

Larry in Dumaguete

newtocebu

Yes, I think my wife was interrogated by a member of the order of Gestapo.

I think some of them were kicked out of the Gestapo for cruelty...

David Spicer

I've been here in Davao for about 4 months now, & will head back to Calif. next month. My g/f (never married & no childeren) & never had at legal etc problems here, is here with me in Davao & have known her for over a year, (originally from Cebu), wanting to get an early start & get passport etc in order for her fiance' visa.

So thought I would start while I am here, (hope that is possible), that way hopefully can have her in US within 4-6 months.

Where do I start while I am here, suppose I should get her passport first, does she need to go to Cebu to apply for it since she is a registered voter in Cebu & her birth certificate is there & registered as a resident in Cebu. That's one of the 1st questions..next can she get her NBI clearance if necessary here in Davao? Any other ideas on what I or we can do to get an early start on processing her while I am here?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice & information!

Ron

I would recommend joining the MAG-ANAK Yahoo Group.

MAGANAK (Tagalog for family) is a private mailing list for discussion of Filipino/Non-Filipino relationships. Members advise each other on adjustments to Filipino and non-Filipino culture, immigration procedures, and other issues of interest in these relationships.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MAG-ANAK/

smokey

i have to say for all the frigging hassle the embassy gives you in the philippines .. ((( notice there are not many americans on site ))) once she got to the usa there were very helpful and even ordered her a SSN as she forgot to do that... but the interviews done by the philippino were the worst .... once i had to show paperwork on support and was lucky to get an american women took us 10 min.. but the next time we came back it was a local and they think they are MINI gods behind the bullet proff glass... we must of went to manila 6 times for the process,,,,,, For the daughter i hired shadow let him deal with the paperwork .... ONE time we had to bring my wifes annulment and they ask a lot of personal crap ... the interview by a guy who was hinting maybe my wife annuled her Philippino husband to marry a foreigner .. hint hint..she told the guy well my philippion husband left me and my 4 children in 1987 and i meet my husband here in 2002 ... so then he looks over her annulment and reads every page and then says ... do you have your origonal marriage cert.. she shows that and he says no i mean your first marriage to YOUR philippaon husband the father of your children ... (What a F ing dick and a looser ) She shows that paper and he says ... OH you need to have the words annuled stamped on your origonal marriage cert to your origonal husband.. ( like the legal annulment signed by the judge is nothing?? So I said is this required we live in cebu ?? He says Well sir i think it is and will need to see this before I can sign off but of course you can go back to cebu and bring the paper back next week if you like... F Dicks.. but all is good she now has a 10 year green card and can come and go anytime to the us or to the philippines but it does tax you to deal with the mini gods at the embassy.

Edited by smokey

The I-134 affidavit of support is needed at interview, NOT at the time of filing.

Larry in Dumaguete

........................He probably can't get this done until he gets back home since he probably doesn't have his tax returns or other suporting documents with him in the Philippines. However, I would not put this off. We used a lawyer and got a laundry list of stuff done right away. I am fairly certain that you need this and all the things they want done BEFORE getting an interview appointment. Afterall, without this information what will the interviewer have to go on? I know for a fact that my affidavit of support was at and discussed during my wife's interview at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

good luck with the visa some guys here can,t even get visa,s for their wives ,you may be lucky you never know.

I went thru the process this year...but I came back to america and file thru the usa system.No worrys just had to re-send a few pictures of us together(date stamped)

all in with the 1 month delay took january-july 10th

quit_yume

Sounds to me like its just easier to get married and bring her on a spousal visa.

-quito

Sounds to me like its just easier to get married and bring her on a spousal visa.

-quito

Definately NOT! I don't know the reason why but I do know it takes much longer tn get to the U.S. on a Spousal Visa than a Fiance Visa.

I went thru the process this year...but I came back to america and file thru the usa system.No worrys just had to re-send a few pictures of us together(date stamped)

all in with the 1 month delay took january-july 10th

well i hope the british embassy aint as hard as yours lol sounds like a lot of hassle
shadow

........................He probably can't get this done until he gets back home since he probably doesn't have his tax returns or other suporting documents with him in the Philippines. However, I would not put this off. We used a lawyer and got a laundry list of stuff done right away. I am fairly certain that you need this and all the things they want done BEFORE getting an interview appointment. Afterall, without this information what will the interviewer have to go on? I know for a fact that my affidavit of support was at and discussed during my wife's interview at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

Correct, the affidavit of support is needed at interview, not for filing the petition. In fact, it needs to be no more than 30 days old at interview, so any affidavit of support sent before that will already have been expired, and a new one submitted. He does not need to send I-134 or tax information to FILE the petition, that comes later (interview).

Larry in Dumaguete

Edited by shadow
shadow

-quito

The amount of BS is a little less with the spousal visa, in that there is no $1070 dollar adjustment of status once she arrives in the US. With the spousal visa, green card, SS card, etc. are already done when she enters the US, with fiance visa there is still more petitions to file and more money to get to that point. However, the spousal visa filed stateside currently is taking around 8-10 months, while the fiance visa takes 5-7 months.

Larry in Dumaguete