Need some fiance' visa infor pls...

I've been here in Davao for about 4 months now, & will head back to Calif. next month. My g/f (never married & no childeren) & never had at legal etc problems here, is here with me in Davao & have known her for over a year, (originally from Cebu), wanting to get an early start & get passport etc in order for her fiance' visa.

So thought I would start while I am here, (hope that is possible), that way hopefully can have her in US within 4-6 months.

Where do I start while I am here, suppose I should get her passport first, does she need to go to Cebu to apply for it since she is a registered voter in Cebu & her birth certificate is there & registered as a resident in Cebu. That's one of the 1st questions..next can she get her NBI clearance if necessary here in Davao? Any other ideas on what I or we can do to get an early start on processing her while I am here?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice & information!

Ron

Edited by ronaldnn
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• tomaw

• smokey

• miles-high

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VisaJourney is a great site with lots of great info, helped me tremendously. Still, if you want to make sure you are 100% correct in filing your paperwork the first time and if you can afford it hire

Just went thru it all recently.   1. Vias Journey.com site. read and read. 2. I filed all the papers myself. Got them approved. You do not need a lawyer. Go to government web site, down load forms

good luck with the visa some guys here can,t even get visa,s for their wives ,you may be lucky you never know.

good luck with the visa some guys here can,t even get visa,s for their wives ,you may be lucky you never know.

• Like 1
smokey

lots of factors shadow is the one who knows most... first she needs a philipines passport that is for sure... if she has been married before it gets real hard ...if not and she is in reasonable health and no legal problems you should be able to get a K1 in 6 to 7 months IF she passes the physical in manila... which the most common rejection is cloudy X ray which CAN mean TB and then there is a 3 month spitum testing and a re test or a one year treatment and she needs to LIVE in manila while this is going on... if this happens and its only 1 in 10 the time frame will be closer to 1.2 years to 1.5

miles-high
some guys here can,t even get visa,s for their wives

When one’s liberty and freedom (incl. criminal defense) are at stake, I would suggest s/he obtain a professional assistance, rather than DIY remedies…

Headshot

Fiancé and spousal visas to the US aren't really a big problem as long as the Filipina is a decent person and can show a real relationship with the American man (there is a whole list of things that are required and recommended), but there are recent threads in LinC Forums that will tell you all you need to know for this process). It is a tourist visa that is almost impossible to get.

The OP's questions, however, are on the Philippine passport. His fiancé will need an NSO certified birth certificate, an NBI clearance and at least two valid photo IDs to apply for a Philippine passport. She will also need to attend a seminar at CFO (and get a certificate and stamp in her passport), since she is getting the passport for the purpose of going to the US. I believe she can accomplish most of these things anyplace where there is an NSO office, and NBI office and a DFA office. For the CFO seminar, she may need to go to either Cebu or Manila, but I'm not sure. The DFA office in Davao could tell her.

Edited by Headshot
smokey

Fiancé and spousal visas to the US aren't really a big problem as long as the Filipina is a decent person and can show a real relationship with the American man (there is a whole list of things that are required and recommended, but there are recent threads in LinC Forums that will tell you all you need to know for this process). It is a tourist visa that is almost impossible to get.

The OP's questions, however, are on the Philippine passport. His fiancé will need an NSO certified birth certificate, an NBI clearance and at least two valid photo IDs to apply for a Philippine passport. She will also need to attend a seminar at CFO (and get a certificate and stamp in her passport), since she is getting the passport for the purpose of going to the US. I believe she can accomplish most of these things anyplace where there is an NSO office, and NBI office and a DFA office. The CFO seminar, she may need to go to either Cebu or Manila for, but I'm not sure. The DFA office in Davao could tell her.

all the more reason to hook up with a person who knows what and when to send what ... much better if HE is in country with her and not thousands of miles away as she sits in an internet cafe trying to explain things the philippines wants to a guy who is shaking his head and say WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shadow

First, she doesn't need a passport to file the petition. I would suggest you start putting together the petition first, then you will have months to worry about the passport. To file the petition you will need from her a birth certificate, letter of intent to marry, and filled out and signed G-325A. You need to submit that along with a birth certificate (or passport photocopy) for you, divorce/death decrees of all prior marriages, G-325A, and an I-129F. The filing part is the easy part, but this gets the ball rolling. From that point you will have 5-7 months to gather all the rest. Having her in the US in 4-6 months is possible, but not probable. PM me if you wish.

Larry in Dumaguete

First, she doesn't need a passport to file the petition. I would suggest you start putting together the petition first, then you will have months to worry about the passport. To file the petition you will need from her a birth certificate, letter of intent to marry, and filled out and signed G-325A. You need to submit that along with a birth certificate (or passport photocopy) for you, divorce/death decrees of all prior marriages, G-325A, and an I-129F. The filing part is the easy part, but this gets the ball rolling. From that point you will have 5-7 months to gather all the rest. Having her in the US in 4-6 months is possible, but not probable. PM me if you wish.

Larry in Dumaguete

Thank you Larry, if I have any more questions will pm you....

Ron

Just went thru it all recently.

1. Vias Journey.com site. read and read.

2. I filed all the papers myself. Got them approved. You do not need a lawyer. Go to government web site, down load forms and also down load instructions to forms. that is a option. do it

3. Shadow who posted above runs his own bussisness helping people do this. He helped me. Note I say has a bussiness. but it is cost effective and him and Paul who runs this site use to do this together so You can ask Admin about larry.

4. If you are in Cebu together. Go to the consulate. Get your letters of intent notorized at the consulate. And have your picture took together out front at the sign. This is not required. But proof of being together in the last two years is. So a notorized document from the embassy together for me makes any question of phot shop disapear. But it is not required. it will take about 5 to 8 months from the date of your NOA 1. When reading visa journey you will learn that means notice of action. NOA 2 getting approved is the big one. Then the National Visa Center is next. And they issue a new number.

Good luck.

• Like 2
Mandingo

Just went thru it all recently.

1. Vias Journey.com site. read and read.

2. I filed all the papers myself. Got them approved. You do not need a lawyer. Go to government web site, down load forms and also down load instructions to forms. that is a option. do it

3. Shadow who posted above runs his own bussisness helping people do this. He helped me. Note I say has a bussiness. but it is cost effective and him and Paul who runs this site use to do this together so You can ask Admin about larry.

4. If you are in Cebu together. Go to the consulate. Get your letters of intent notorized at the consulate. And have your picture took together out front at the sign. This is not required. But proof of being together in the last two years is. So a notorized document from the embassy together for me makes any question of phot shop disapear. But it is not required. it will take about 5 to 8 months from the date of your NOA 1. When reading visa journey you will learn that means notice of action. NOA 2 getting approved is the big one. Then the National Visa Center is next. And they issue a new number.

Good luck.

VisaJourney is a great site with lots of great info, helped me tremendously. Still, if you want to make sure you are 100% correct in filing your paperwork the first time and if you can afford it hire someone like Shadow to help you. They are professionals and do this kind of stuff every day, you'll save time but submitting the correct info the first time.

• Like 2

Fiancé and spousal visas to the US aren't really a big problem as long as the Filipina is a decent person and can show a real relationship with the American man (there is a whole list of things that are required and recommended), but there are recent threads in LinC Forums that will tell you all you need to know for this process). It is a tourist visa that is almost impossible to get.

The OP's questions, however, are on the Philippine passport. His fiancé will need an NSO certified birth certificate, an NBI clearance and at least two valid photo IDs to apply for a Philippine passport. She will also need to attend a seminar at CFO (and get a certificate and stamp in her passport), since she is getting the passport for the purpose of going to the US. I believe she can accomplish most of these things anyplace where there is an NSO office, and NBI office and a DFA office. For the CFO seminar, she may need to go to either Cebu or Manila, but I'm not sure. The DFA office in Davao could tell her.

Seminars are not available in Davao and the DFA here recommends Manila rather than Cebu.

shadow

Seminars are not available in Davao and the DFA here recommends Manila rather than Cebu.

In Manila the CFO seminar is a two hour session, in and out. In Cebu it is an all day interrogation for some, that they may drag out for weeks if your fiance is young, or they somehow decide they want to make things difficult.

Larry in Dumaguete