Decision Has Been Made- Heading back

USMC-Retired

and school here is all puppy dogs.. dont be fooled by the uniform and then what after school call center job selling viraga ... 10 % of the people beg borrow and steal go get out of here so they can raise their children ,,, and what if something happens to tim then his wife and child are stuck here? i have seen first hand the many many many college grads here and many cant spell as good as my high school drop out ass.. this place is for old farts on a pension and for guys who did not get to bop the cheer leader in high school

Ouch ………………… :not_see: ..................

Hey smokey ………… have you taken your tablets yet?????????? Common, have a lie down, and relax …………. Tomorrow is another day and the sun is shining …………… :wink::lol:

• Like 1
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• USMC-Retired

• tomaw

• TheMatrix

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must admit that some days I ask myself, "what the hell was I thinking"? I also think that many of us do ask that, in the privacy of our on mind. Pride, macho or what ever may prevent us from admit

I know how Norseman feels because my priorities completely changed when my daughter was born. All of a sudden I had to start thinking about what was best for her instead of me.The most important found

i am sorry but you could be talking about cebu just as you seem to be trying to talk about the us.... Tim is way to young to kick back for the next 40 years and hope the government dont forget to send

The biggest concern for me is my Wife. How will she handle the transition.

Tim I really think that your wife will adapt just fine. I say that because she has you as her reference point.

Edited by Cary

WOW that is a shock I only started posting but had been reading for a while and never thought I would see this post. The 5 years I have lived here I enjoy it every day, this last week was a bad week for me. To sum it up I found out Pino even lie to their family and will admit it in front of other Pino. But even with that news i prefer here to Aust.

you and Nosseman are at two very different places in life. I can see his reason for leaving and your reasons for staying. Your both right.

you and Nosseman are at two very different places in life. I can see his reason for leaving and your reasons for staying. Your both right.

not really I am 45 was thinking of doing the have kids thing and I would have educated them here but made sure they could work back home, maybe it the country boy in me but i rather my kids grow up dirt poor and send them home so they can do what they want. I gave up trying to find the right girl so i settled for the playboy life.

I came here to setup and run my next business after 25 years in IT i decided I like to run a BPO from here. so in that regard I am taking a big risk as I can lose it all I would still stay here even if I did.

thanks for the honest explanation. It is your family and you need to make the decessions for them. I wish you the best and will miss all the free advice you have given since I came on board. God Bless and Merry Christmas

batman2525
Mine runs about 3000 to 3300Php a month ($75.00usd). Now 3 years ago in the states mine (living by myself) ran $90.00 to $110.00 a month and in the winter (5 months) add another $200.00 at least per month for heat.

My electricity bill in Florida averages out to about $180 per month and water is about $80-100.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

tim even if you change your mind after you get all your ducks in a row it's a good thing to have the option and ability to get your family out no matter what country you're living in. and it's best to be able to get them not just out but two another country you are familiar with and have at least some connections in be they social or economic

nothing wrong at all with being able to move freely between the two countries that's for sure

Mandingo

Your child will have greater opportunities in life if they are raised in America. You are doing the right thing for your family.

The biggest concern for me is my Wife. How will she handle the transition. How will she be living on the other side of the world. Where I am from there is not Filipino base community. There are Rednecks and well more Rednecks. We have cows and fields and the nearest store is 4 miles away. So that is of my biggest concern. Yet where I hang my final hat is yet to be determined.

I think you just hinted at the answer to the question I've wonderd most about- Where in the U.S. is the cost of living comperable to or better than The Philippines? I knew it was definately not a suberb in S. California! However, when it comes to your wife and son, especially your son's future, I strongly feel you made the right decision. There is no opportunity for educatiom or career in R.P. If your wife has trouble fitting in with the redneck cowtown, try S. Calif. There are several Philippine communities here. I wish you, your wife and son the best. Edited by tomaw

Did I say at any point that his decision was wrong? I wish you could learn to use the Selective Quote button so I could tell what part of my post you have such a problem with. One thing I was pointing out was that it is wrong to just assume that US public schools are better than Philippine public schools. When I was in Alabama the public school system there was ranked 49th in the US. So they fired the superintendent and hired a new one. His last job was the superintendent of the Mississippi school system. Where was MS on that pole? 50th. Nice huh? The schools there taught the 3 basics. Gangs, drugs, and teen sex. Just assuming your kids will get a better education in the US is a bit of a stretch.

As the saying goes "Water will always find its own level". Therefore a good student will avoid such Low Life Red Neck distractions. :not_see:

:wink:

EAGLE

Good luck Young man.

Putting your child's future ahead of your enjoyment of your life here is commendable and IMO shows great character.

The very best of luck to you and your family Matey.

Tom

"Better" is debatable ... accreditation is not. A Philippines high school/college diploma doesn't have the same value (in the USA) as a USA high school/college diploma from any USA school. It seems Tim is most interested in his children's education coupled with their future employment opportunities (outside of Philippines). If that is indeed the case, his reasoning is sound.

I can also relate (and agree) with Tim's other reasons.

Good Luck Tim ...

....I read on another post and topic that a guys wife graduated from the University of Cebu. When they moved to Florida it was determined that she had the equivalent of a 6th grade education and proceeded to enroll in a GED Program to get a U.S. high school diploma.

WOW that is a shock I only started posting but had been reading for a while and never thought I would see this post. The 5 years I have lived here I enjoy it every day, this last week was a bad week for me. To sum it up I found out Pino even lie to their family and will admit it in front of other Pino. But even with that news i prefer here to Aust.

.....................................I think it is pretty obvious to anyone that has read some of your and Tim's posts that the two of you are at much different stages in life and therefore have much different priorities. R.P. is a great place to live like Hugh Hefner on a shoe string budget but a very bad place for a young child to get an education and have any kind of future.
  • Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

we raise our child in the states for the opportunities that will present him in his future

with the economy and everything else in mind

Texas is a pretty good place to be right now

so is North Dakota but i don't think you guys will want to put up with the winters

Texas is rocking on jobs, though lower wages. N Dakota is going insane with oil money, except you won't find any place to live. They are putting bunks in shipping containers right now and 1,000 guys in williamson sleeping in their trucks.

Some things have gotten cheaper here, though fuel has doubled since Obama came in and food is jumping up. 18 used to be 1 dollar and it's now over 2 for an example.

The schools are a huge difference though. My niece went from here to Canada her junior year and said the school there was doing stuff she'd done in 6th grade here.

Home schooling through a US accredited program might be an option for those staying in the RP.