• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• USMC-Retired

• tomaw

• TheMatrix

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must admit that some days I ask myself, "what the hell was I thinking"? I also think that many of us do ask that, in the privacy of our on mind. Pride, macho or what ever may prevent us from admit

I know how Norseman feels because my priorities completely changed when my daughter was born. All of a sudden I had to start thinking about what was best for her instead of me.The most important found

i am sorry but you could be talking about cebu just as you seem to be trying to talk about the us.... Tim is way to young to kick back for the next 40 years and hope the government dont forget to send

I think it's a good decision for anybody being married to a Filipina to go back to his home country and get her status and citizenship first. It's just part of being prepared. Schooling for kids is not really an issue because they can just come back for the high school years, at least in Canada it's not a problem.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

You mean take your kids out of school in Canada and send them to high school in the Philippines ?? I would never never ever even think about doing that !!! Not unless you are very well off and can afford to send them to one of the very few decent high schools in the Philippines.

You mean take your kids out of school in Canada and send them to high school in the Philippines ?? I would never never ever even think about doing that !!! Not unless you are very well off and can afford to send them to one of the very few decent high schools in the Philippines.

I meant the other way around. Sorry for not being clear.

Get married in the Philippines, go back to your country at least until your wife has citizenship, come back to the Philippines until the kids need a proper high school degree, then go back to your home country.

Philippine high school and college degree is worthless in Canada.

My wife has a 4 year college degree from the Philippines, still had to get her high school diploma here before she could take up nursing in Canada.

Get married in the Philippines, go back to your country at least until your wife has citizenship, come back to the Philippines until the kids need a proper high school degree, then go back to your home country.

My wife has a 4 year college degree from the Philippines, still had to get her high school diploma here before she could take up nursing in Canada.

high school diploma sounds reasonable, did she have to do a nurse exam or the whole course again ?

rainymike

Good luck. There is no one size fit all decision for this. You're the one in the position to make the best call. Just give it your best wherever you end up. Frankly, I probably couldn't live here if I were not on a pension.

high school diploma sounds reasonable, did she have to do a nurse exam or the whole course again ?

She didn't study nursing in the Philippines. But as far as I know, they have to do it all over again or most of it.

I know a girl who was a nurse in the Philippines and claims that it has been converted but I doubt it since I know another nurse and she works as care aid.

It is just too specific what they expect here and what I have seen in the Philippines, they lack a lot of practical equipment and practical teaching.

................I don't know about Canada but in The U.S. it is quicker and less complicated to bring her over on a Fiance Visa. Also my wife who only has a high school diploma from Cebu got into a community college (in California) without a problem. She just had to wait a year to establish Ca. residency, otherwise she would be considered a foriegn student and her tuition would have been much higher.
dc3driver

My (Filipina) wife & I have been married about 5 1/2 years, we are living in Cebu City now, however she & our 2 daughters are both US citizens. It wasn't all that hard to get her to the USA long enough to acquire citizenship. Now we are here in Cebu City but have the option to get on a plane anytime & go anywhere a US passport allows us to go. I planned ahead in case things don't work out here, but for now things are ok. When it is time for high school, I think we will head for the USA so the daughters will be ready for college. As others have said, a college degree from the RP is useless unless one is a medical professional.