OOOPS I just noticed I've overstayed 4 days Already !

ancienrocka

I was late all the time but the last time, 4 months ago, they made me write a letter of explanation and get it notarized and then I had to go see some guy in the back who didn't even read it. I just said sorry, won't happen again and they let me go. Haven't been late since. Also, you'll have to pay 500 peso late fee.

It's pretty hard to say that what happened 4 months ago is what will happen tomorrow - almost every day a new memo comes down from Manila which slightly changes the way things actually operate.

The latest that I know of - yesterday - is that if you are more than 10 days late you will be called to explain to the Regional Director o r his deputy.

Regarding the wearing of shorts, tank tops, etc - in the past when Bob did his 13a it was a "hit and miss" affair, sometimes the rule was applied, sometimes not - now there are 2 stores that will rent you a pair of long pants when you are refused entry. I am not sure if it is applied 100% but I see so many people being turned away now you would be stupid to wear shorts.

Edited by ancienrocka
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• samatm

• udonthani

• UZI

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it would be much simpler to write a simple program in C++ to make your computer screen blink every time you get online with the LinC Forum… double-clicking the screen would then open the calendar

every mobile phone has a reminder function that can let you know when you extension is coming up, when the roadworthy certificate on your car is due, you need to go babysit for a relative after work,

Now lets not get that into a discussion about what to wear, Samatm has something to ask the BI, so he should appear in trousers, shoes and shirt. That shows respect and humbleness. In this particula

David Spicer

I BLEW it. In the back of my mind my extension (visitor) was coming up on December 21... But I looked at my passport TODAY and it was due on NOV 21. Any Suggestions on how to go about getting an extension now that it has already lapsed. Has anybody been late twice recently?

Only 4 days? Go to the BI and extend. Odds are the only thing that will happen is you will get charged a P500 late fee.

Headshot

NO NO NO!!! They DO NOT check passports/visas when leaving. You only show your passport to the airlines.

My wife was on an expired k-1 cause we didnt file to adjust status, and I was little worried, but then I remembered there had been lots of noise because the US doesnt check when a visitor leaves the country.Sure enough-no sign of immigration.

Bill

Yeah...but unfortunately...or fortunately...he's in the Philippines and NOT in the US. The Philippines DOES check passports and visas when you leave.

David Spicer

I would say fortunately, and you will not get out of here withouut them checking and stamping it.

Edited by David Spicer

Ok Satman,

what happened? What was the damage?

1000 fine (500 late fee/ 500 motion to reconsider) pesos and they didn't even ask me for my freshly printed explanation letter. Glad I hadn't bothered to get the thing notarized yet. I was worried because I had already been late once before and they already have one of my explanation letters on file when I was 4 Months late.

Would rather have spent that 1000 on a nice steak somewhere. Live n learn.

Maybe you should learn to be in time. How difficult is it? Put the date on your fridge.... or whatever...

• Like 1
lazydays

Simple solution, buy a calendar, mark off your extension renewal dates and hang it on your kitchen wall, or wherever.

• Like 1

1000 fine (500 late fee/ 500 motion to reconsider) pesos and they didn't even ask me for my freshly printed explanation letter. Glad I hadn't bothered to get the thing notarized yet. I was worried because I had already been late once before and they already have one of my explanation letters on file when I was 4 Months late.

Would rather have spent that 1000 on a nice steak somewhere. Live n learn.

Seems you don't. I wonder if they are working a 3 strikes policy? I hear the accommodation is cozy at the BI Jail.

Davaoeno
Simple solution, buy a calendar, mark off your extension renewal dates and hang it on your kitchen wall, or wherever.

Why do you people keep coming up with these complicated high-tec answers to everything ???

miles-high
Why do you people keep coming up with these complicated high-tec answers to everything ???

Yes, it would be much simpler to write a simple program in C++ to make your computer screen blink every time you get online with the LinC Forum… double-clicking the screen would then open the calendar blinking the expiry date in red, then blue and a male/female (select one) to announce that “xx days and counting…” then on the day he/she will say “it is the day, mate/sweetie, to go to the immigration… get dressed and go…” and automatically call your driver/favorite taxi service, telling them the exact location of your destination…

:mellow:

• Like 3
Stranded Shipscook

Maybe that a new business idea, reminding people ( Ancientrocka and Shadow... consider it ) The Reminding agency :mellow:

lazydays

Coz i was taught, never trust your memory, always write it down. :P

Just call me Mr Practical! :mellow:

ancienrocka

Maybe that a new business idea, reminding people ( Ancientrocka and Shadow... consider it ) The Reminding agency :D

Maybe that a new business idea, reminding people ( Ancientrocka and Shadow... consider it ) The Reminding agency :yahoo:

I remind all my regular clients at least one week before their visa is due for renewal - I keep their dates on my Google calendar.

I remind all my regular clients at least one week before their visa is due for renewal - I keep their dates on my Google calendar.

Clearly worth every Piso..... :D