OOOPS I just noticed I've overstayed 4 days Already !

I BLEW it. In the back of my mind my extension (visitor) was coming up on December 21... But I looked at my passport TODAY and it was due on NOV 21. Any Suggestions on how to go about getting an extension now that it has already lapsed. Has anybody been late twice recently?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• udonthani

• samatm

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it would be much simpler to write a simple program in C++ to make your computer screen blink every time you get online with the LinC Forum… double-clicking the screen would then open the calendar

every mobile phone has a reminder function that can let you know when you extension is coming up, when the roadworthy certificate on your car is due, you need to go babysit for a relative after work,

Now lets not get that into a discussion about what to wear, Samatm has something to ask the BI, so he should appear in trousers, shoes and shirt. That shows respect and humbleness. In this particula

RandyOdom

I was late all the time but the last time, 4 months ago, they made me write a letter of explanation and get it notarized and then I had to go see some guy in the back who didn't even read it. I just said sorry, won't happen again and they let me go. Haven't been late since. Also, you'll have to pay 500 peso late fee.

Edited by RandyOdom

I was late all the time but the last time, 4 months ago, they made me write a letter of explanation and get it notarized and then I had to go see some guy in the back who didn't even read it. I just said sorry, won't happen again and they let me go. Haven't been late since. Also, you'll have to pay 500 peso late fee.

P500 late fee and P500 for Motion to Reconsider = P1000. Just do a letter saying sorry and make nice nice and get it notarized. Not an issue at all unless you have dubious stuff in your clearance.

Edited by Bob Ward

Remember no shorts or slippers at the BI

One day yes, the next day no. I have never worn trousers except to my 13a interview! Basically it depends on what you look like. If your in beachcombers with a wife beater t-shirt, you are in jeopardy. But if you have neat shorts, polo shirt and slippers, I have never had a problem in almost 5 years!

Stranded Shipscook

Now lets not get that into a discussion about what to wear, Samatm has something to ask the BI, so he should appear in trousers, shoes and shirt.

That shows respect and humbleness.

In this particular situation the only way to get away with a black eye.

Just go there first thin tmrw and behave as Randy and Bob said ( except Bob's dress code, i would not risk it. )

Good luck and no worries, the head wont be bitten off

• Like 1
Davaoeno

When I overstayed by three days they took me into the back room at the Cebu airport and charged me 3000 pesos - no receipt. Had 2 choices- pay it or miss my flight to korea/canada

cebubird

This may need to be moved to another location, but something I have been wondering about: In the US, you dont go thru immigration when leaving, so how would anyone know if a visa had ever been overstayed? I heard and saw this written about before leaving, and sure enough, only the airline looked at my wife's passport.

Of course I realize that herein this country its just about taking more money from the folks

Bill

udonthani

I overstayed two days last December by an oversight and not only did they not ask for any 'explanation' - I told them I jusr forgot - but they didn't even charge me anything. They let me off paying the 1000. The guy said 'the gpvernment of the Philippines has decided not to levy any charge sir, Happy New Year'. I thanked the government of the Philippines and then pissed off.

Stranded Shipscook

This may need to be moved to another location, but something I have been wondering about: In the US, you dont go thru immigration when leaving, so how would anyone know if a visa had ever been overstayed? I heard and saw this written about before leaving, and sure enough, only the airline looked at my wife's passport.

Of course I realize that herein this country its just about taking more money from the folks

Bill

Bill,

its not about the money, its about international and national regulations. In the US the immigration looks at every passport of any foreigner, US citizens of course can leave, they don't need a visa which can expire. The Airlines also check the visas of the destination, because due to international regulations they are now required to fly the person back when denied due to missing visas.

Anyhow, when a US citizen books a flight or checks in, all this data will be automatically also checked by the FBI and Homeland security, so in case there are records, they'll get you at the gate.

Davaoeno
. I thanked the government of the Philippines and then pissed off.

I would have been happy to piss off also - unfortunately I think maybe the officer's mortgage payment was due !

cebubird

NO NO NO!!! They DO NOT check passports/visas when leaving. You only show your passport to the airlines.

My wife was on an expired k-1 cause we didnt file to adjust status, and I was little worried, but then I remembered there had been lots of noise because the US doesnt check when a visitor leaves the country.Sure enough-no sign of immigration.

Bill

udonthani

I would have been happy to piss off also - unfortunately I think maybe the officer's mortgage payment was due !

if that's the case then he got some other twat to pay it and not me, because he let me off.

Davaoeno

if that's the case then he got some other twat to pay it and not me, because he let me off.

I'm thinking that maybe I was that twat !! :ROFLMAO:

udonthani

ypu can't win. They might let you off one minute at the BoI, but then 20 minutes later you get done for careless driving i.e. being careless enough to stop at a school crossing and letting 10 small children cross the road, enabling a watching cop to wade in and do you.